First Round Pick - Patrick Willis

I'm still not convinced that our OL and QB are solid but they sure have played alot better in the past two weeks. Because of this, if they continue to progress and we continue to win games, we might end up having to go defense with our first round pick. Our heart and soul leader Fletcher might not be resigned and Spikes is not "guaranteed" to make it all the way back to his pre-injury days or even close to it and we might need to get a blue chip prospect in here to compensate for these two devastating losses. Patrick Willis is a BEAST and a DIFFERENCE MAKER who would excel in our particular defense. Yes, we also need a top flight receiver and (or) tight end but if they are not available in the first round, and we keep dropping by winning these games, we might have to go with the best available and I wouldn't be surprised if its Willis, especially if we lose Fletcher and Spikes doesn't return to form.

Also, I wouldn't mind filling any OL needs with a quality free agent or two.

When not being suspended of course, look what Merriman has done for that Charger defense.

He's a difference maker and although Willis might not be another Merriman, there is no saying he can't make just as big of an impact on his team as Merriman has.

850794[/snapback]

Its funny when people answer/respond to their own posts! :censored:

I just do not see it....London Fletcher is in the same mold as Zach Thomas...gets lots of tackles...just 6-8 yds down field. We need a guy like Urlacher (sans the Brady fake!). Dominant MLB are hard to find...but when you get one....it makes a huge difference.