No One's talking about JP's numbers

The Big Cat

Like most, I think JP had a great game yesterday, but his numbers hardly compare to the Houston game. Or do they?

With an ill-fated interception and a long pass interference call, he missed out on about 100 more passing yards and two more completions and at least one touchdown...may be two..

With one TD resulting instead of a INT and with a quasi-generous 250 yards passing, JP's rating on Sunday goes from 75 to 116.5

If the PI resulted in a touchdown, like the INT would have, he's looking at at rating of 128. Not bad.

Oh yeah, any way you cut it, he still completed 75% of his passes. I don't care what you think about JP, but I think we're getting close to using the words Losman and reliable in the same sentence...

P.S. he wasn't sacked either

if if if, woulda coulda shoulda..IF he doesn't underthrow lee evans on that PI call he has a lot more yardage and a TD. :shrug:

yeah, his numbers weren't great. he did pretty well that game i thought.

849655[/snapback]

no his numbers weren't great but they were DAMN close...that was the point. Granted it was a point driven by intoxicating optimism, but to me it's a silver lining none-the-less

Dear everyone on hear who always uses states to make points (daquix and others pay attention):

stats aren't everything.

849665[/snapback]

argh...I was using stats to prove that he was very close to having two excellent STATISTICAL games in a row!

His intangibles yesterday, however, DID ammount to a good game without a stat line.

Jacksonville had the 3rd ranked defense in the league houston the 27th. Losman played respectable  most of the game and was money in the clutch for the 2nd week in a row. All you could really ask.  I dont care if he throws for 300 yards or 160 as long as we win football games.

849661[/snapback]

Exactly...These are the kind of games that Ben played in his rookie season...The #s did not matter...the wins did.....and the poise did....You got to be patient with your QB....QBs don't grow on trees or fall just into your lap...You got to put them in a position to make plays and win games....JP has been doing that...Hope every game is a BIG learning experience for him......I want the Bills to have a stable QB and JP provides the best bet for this organization......

argh...I was using stats to prove that he was very close to having two excellent STATISTICAL games in a row!

His intangibles yesterday, however, DID ammount to a good game without a stat line.

849673[/snapback]

Nah, you were using "If Stats". :doh:

BTW, in case you guys didn't see it, JP was knocked by one of his linemen on the interception when he was throwing, which caused that horribly placed ball. That with the wind, and you got that horribly thrown ball.