John Murphy unusual play by play call...

LabattBlue

When the offense crosses midfield, you don't go "UP" to the 20 yard line, you go "DOWN" to the 20 yard line. I don't listen to radio broadcasts unless a game is blacked out, so I don't know if he does this all the time, but I found his call to be very unusual in regards to this. :lol::)

He does it ALL the time, and it drives me nuts. He'll do it the other way  too (i.e., moving from the 20 to the 30 in your own half of the field and he'll say "down to the 30 yard line"). Very strange. I can't believe that no one in the organization has corrected this.

849652[/snapback]

You are right in that it should not be that difficult to correct.

I just wish he would get a little more pumped on big plays.  He's much more subdued than Van was and without AVP to provide some fire, the broadcast is a bit dull.  Just listen to the touchdown call last week.

849662[/snapback]

You had to like that "Where the hell were you" call, though.

I just wish he would get a little more pumped on big plays.  He's much more subdued than Van was and without AVP to provide some fire, the broadcast is a bit dull.  Just listen to the touchdown call last week.

849662[/snapback]

Completely agree ... when McGahee had that 20+ yard touchdown, he basically said (paraphrasing) "Hands it off. McGaee stutter steps. He has room. 20, jacksonville 10. Did he make it? Yes. Touchdown. Willis McGahee"

Other announcers make it muchhhh more fun and energetic.

P.S. his Roscoe Parrish call had a lot more ooomph in it. Maybe its because he is not use to McGahee finding the endzone?

849662[/snapback]

To be fair, Van was fortunate to know winning in his last 10 years of broadcasting, Murph has not.