Great article on Tiki

Dawgg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't getting it done on the ground.

They ran what? 14 times? And they passed over 40 times? Heck, he shouldnt be the only one complaining. The rest of the team should be complaining also. You dont usually win football games by throwing 3x more than you run.

846556[/snapback]

Vaccaro has a deap-seated hatred for Barber. He even admitted as much when the retirement story broke a few weeks ago. It goes back years. I don't know what started it, but if you looked, you could probably trace it back to its genesis. Besides, everybody loves to criticize Coughlin's coaching wherever he goes.

846569[/snapback]

Judging by the 16 point loss, 46% pass completions, and 51.9 passer rating, the Giants were not getting it done through the air either.

They only let Tiki get the ball 10 times a game. He is the type of runner who gets better and better as the game goes on.

as usual..athletes get ripped for not sayng enough or saying too much...make up your minds people..I had ZERO problem with anything he said...

846578[/snapback]

Agreed.

as usual..athletes get ripped for not sayng enough or saying too much...make up your minds people..I had ZERO problem with anything he said...

846578[/snapback]

Exactly. Much ado about nothing.

Vaccaro has a deap-seated hatred for Barber.  He even admitted as much when the retirement story broke a few weeks ago.  It goes back years.  I don't know what started it, but if you looked, you could probably trace it back to its genesis.

846579[/snapback]

What a surprise...just consider the source. The 'NY Post' is one of the worst rags in the country. They're even a joke in their own city.

They ran what? 14 times? And they passed over 40 times? Heck, he shouldnt be the only one complaining. The rest of the team should be complaining also. You dont usually win football games by throwing 3x more than you run.

846556[/snapback]

We have to find a way to correct it," Barber said. "That's the bottom line. I talked about this earlier in the season; if you don't have balance you can't win in the NFL. A disproportionate amount of teams that win, win it by running the football.

"That's football. It's not complicated. This is something that teams and kids and coaches do from 12 years old to college and beyond. It isn't rocket science."

Sounds resonable to me. (*^*&%^$^#reporter....

LOL..that reporter must be trying to ruin his own name(if he has one)...I saw nothing in his article that said ME,ME,ME from Tiki, but exactly the opposite...he should have been writing an article on the daumbazz comments made by the Texans after the Bills kicked their azz's...man Im still pizzed off af them..lol

We have to find a way to correct it," Barber said. "That's the bottom line. I talked about this earlier in the season; if you don't have balance you can't win in the NFL. A disproportionate amount of teams that win, win it by running the football.

"That's football. It's not complicated. This is something that teams and kids and coaches do from 12 years old to college and beyond. It isn't rocket science."

Sounds resonable to me.  (*^*&%^$^#reporter....

846652[/snapback]

He's basically calling the coaching staff stupid with his "It isn't rocket science" comment. There's nothing reasonable about publically putting down your coach. Especially with Tiki's pitiful performance in that game. He's the type of guy that never thinks it's his fault, a finger pointer. He's also done this in the past. The reporter was and is dead on about Tiki. Nice example for the younger Giant players on your way out the door Tiki.

He's basically calling the coaching staff stupid with his "It isn't rocket science" comment. There's nothing reasonable about publically putting down your coach. Especially with Tiki's pitiful performance in that game. He's the type of guy that never thinks it's his fault, a finger pointer. He's also done this in the past. The reporter was and is dead on about Tiki. Nice example for the younger Giant players on your way out the door Tiki.

846684[/snapback]

Are you serious? Tiki had 10 carries and they threw it over 40+ times. That is UNACCEPTABLE on the coaches part. Runningbacks need atleast 20 carries a game. Especially RB's like Tiki who get better throughout the game.

Are you serious? Tiki had 10 carries and they threw it over 40+ times. That is UNACCEPTABLE on the coaches part. Runningbacks need atleast 20 carries a game. Especially RB's like Tiki who get better throughout the game.

846691[/snapback]

It's unacceptable to call out your coach in the media when you averaged 2 yards a carry and dropped two easy passes. Please, he couldn't take it up with the coach behind closed doors? Are you freaking serious?

EXACTLY.

He's a classic example of a player who is adored by the media at all costs...

It's unacceptable to call out your coach in the media when you averaged 2 yards a carry and dropped two easy passes. Please, he couldn't take it up with the coach behing closed doors? Are you freaking serious?

846696[/snapback]

It's unacceptable to call out your coach in the media when you averaged 2 yards a carry and dropped two easy passes. Please, he couldn't take it up with the coach behing closed doors? Are you freaking serious?

846696[/snapback]

Personally I DO think players should take things up with the coaches behind closes doors. No arguement from me there. BUT that does not mean that WHAT (the content) Tiki said was wrong. In fact I believe it was right. When you throw 3-4 TIMES more than you run, you are more than likely going to lose. I think he was averaging near 3 yds/carry (like 2.8 or so???) ... running backs really only average about 3 yds/carry ... its those longer runs once every 15 carries or so that make their average go up. By only running 10 times, you dont give him that chance to get that long carry to up the average. For example: If you take away Ladanian Tomlinsons 24 yard run from last week, his average drops OVER a yard per carry. The week before it drops .7 yds/carry. The week before that it would have dropped nearly 2 yds/carry.

Personally I DO think players should take things up with the coaches behind closes doors. No arguement from me there. BUT that does not mean that WHAT (the content) Tiki said was wrong. In fact I believe it was right. When you throw 3-4 TIMES more than you run, you are more than likely going to lose. I think he was averaging near 3 yds/carry (like 2.8 or so???) ... running backs really only average about 3 yds/carry ... its those longer runs once every 15 carries or so that make their average go up. By only running 10 times, you dont give him that chance to get that long carry to up the average. For example: If you take away Ladanian Tomlinsons 24 yard run from last week, his average drops OVER a yard per carry. The week before it drops .7 yds/carry. The week before that it would have dropped nearly 2 yds/carry.

846702[/snapback]

Stabbing coaches in the back (which he did) always does wonders for team unity. :devil:

The validity of his argument is not what this post was about. It's how he handled his displeasure, not much class or leadership shown by Tiki in this regard.

He's basically calling the coaching staff stupid with his "It isn't rocket science" comment.

846684[/snapback]

Don't see it that way myself...I look at it as saying the whole team has to step up and play fundamentally sound football. But then a quote like that would never get a drop of ink.

Stabbing coaches in the back (which he did) always does wonders for team unity.  :devil:

The validity of his argument is not what this post was about. It's how he handled his displeasure, not much class or leadership shown by Tiki in this regard.

846707[/snapback]

If he called out the coach and the rest of the team was not thinking it, that would be one thing. That would affect unity. Yet I would dare to say that most of the Giants team (and fan-base if you look at their forums) was thinking the same thing. RUN THE DARN BALL! He just voiced what other people thought. He did not affect the Giants unity at all. Heck, after Shockey critisized the coach they won 5 straight games. Go figure.

846569[/snapback]

Thanks Coach Mularkey. How'd they fare through the air?

The fact of the matter is the press was all over Manning when Tiki stepped up and blamed the coaches for the playcalling. The press pretty much left Manning alone after that. It was a veteran move that did a hell of alot MORE for team unity than any of you naysayers seem to understand.