Ok, I know it was one good win BUT....

pBills

Here's what the 2006 playoff picture and wild-card matchups would look like if the season ended today. And again, I know it was just one win.

AFC playoff standings

Team W L T Div Conf

1. Indianapolis 9 1 0 3-0 7-0

2. Baltimore 8 2 0 2-0 5-1

3. San Diego 8 2 0 2-1 6-2

4. New England 7 3 0 4-1 5-3

5. Denver 7 3 0 3-1 7-2

6. Kansas City 6 4 0 2-1 2-4

7. Jacksonville 5 4 0 1-3 3-3

8. Cincinnati 5 5 0 2-1 3-3

9. N.Y. Jets 5 5 0 3-1 4-4

The Bills, Miami, Pittsburgh are all at 4-6 and if Jacksonville loses tonight, they could be one win away from 7th in the AFC. That’s crazy. What could kill us is out division record, they need to win the games they should: Jacksonville, Miami, Jets and Tennessee to have a chance.

Remaining opponents:

12 Sun, Nov 26 Jacksonville Tickets CBS 1:00 PM - Win

13 Sun, Dec 3 San Diego Tickets CBS 1:00 PM - Loss

14 Sun, Dec 10 at NY Jets Tickets CBS 1:00 PM - Win

15 Sun, Dec 17 Miami Tickets CBS 1:00 PM - Win

16 Sun, Dec 24 Tennessee Tickets CBS 1:00 PM - Win

17 Sun, Dec 31 at Baltimore Tickets CBS 1:00 PM - Could mean something

Again, I know it was just one win after many painful loses. But the numbers don't lie. Possibly one game out.

Just think if they would have figured out how to either hold on to a lead or finish off an opposing team with those three games in which they lost by 7 points or less? Scary thoughts, but that's me I am a dying breed (especially on this message board)... I am a Bills fan that's optimistic.

And you have to love these quotes from the Texans... :lol:0:):(

“They just made a play at the end,” Simmons said. “I guess there’s no defense for the perfect throw.

It is not a complete impossibility. We have played well the past 3 weeks. We need to string together a couple of more wins if we even want to have this discussion. That means beating JAX, which will be a tough task. Then we have to beat SD. The way LT is playing, I don't know if anyone can beat them.

I am only bumping my own post so that MAYBE people could get excited instead of just the constant bashing of the Bills.

Time to be optimistic.  Everyone, the Bills and the fans should take this win and run with it.

843104[/snapback]

Its a great attempt, but with people like DeLuca out there...some people will never be happy....the Bills could have an All pro at every position, and the miersable people would still B word....

I say Let's go Bills...this was your biggest win in 5-6 years, build off and put together a nice run to end the season...

hey...take it easy on the guy. The Bills did play a great game yesterday even if it was against the Texans. The problem areas looked very good. The offensive line was clicking, the quarterback was terrific...It would be a terrific long shot to make the playoffs...but we can always dream. I'll be happy with 7 or eight wins but absolutely delighted if we do better.

Yes, it's one win...but it was over a 3-6 Texans team that's about as good as the Bills are. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but the playoffs should not be on anyone's mind right now.

That said, if the Bills hang on at Foxboro AND Lindell makes that FG last week, we're 6-4 and in the running....despite how bad the team has looked at times.

And who knows - maybe the re-vamped OL starts clicking, maybe JP starts making some plays with his legs, and maybe the defense starts making more stops...all of which lead to winning a few more games and making things interesting.

If nothing else, I'd like to see these guys get their confidence and start playing with some attitude. Maybe that leads to a few wins and carries over into next year. I just don't see much of that happening to lead them into the playoffs.

I agree. In a "rebuilding" year... seven or eight wins would be great. However, there are some games that the Bills can win. Maybe, just maybe winning a game in this fashion (TD with a few seconds left) will give the team enough of a boost or a nice taste in their mouths to do that next week. Well, everything except leaving it to the end to have the win secured. ;-)

This win was great...was huge for the team and the fans...it was against a cruddy Texans team, but they won with the pass...even came from behind with 15 seconds left....that's huge

The one thing I need to see, is that this team can rally around this win and not fall apart...In the past we have won games and were never able to build on it...we would revert back to the "poor us; not again" attitude... when faced with adversity

Think about how many times in the past we felt like we would turn the table and end up falling flat...even if they loose a few more games..as long as they fight and play to win the game (Herm Edwards)...it'll show they are on the right track....

Yeah didn't you hear, that game makes the Bills a  playoff caliber team and JP Losman a Pro Bowler

843153[/snapback]

Typical response you'd get here. If you read the numbers I posted it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Bills can make it. They have to play some quality football to do that. Question for next week and the rest of the season is which team shows up.... the one that played yesterday? Or the one who found ways to lose instead of win?

And no one said JP was a Pro Bowler.

This win was great...was huge for the team and the fans...it was against a cruddy Texans team, but they won with the pass...even came from behind with 15 seconds left....that's huge

The one thing I need to see, is that this team can rally around this win and not fall apart...In the past we have won games and were never able to build on it...we would revert back to the "poor us; not again" attitude... when faced with adversity

Think about how many times in the past we felt like we would turn the table and end up falling flat...even if they loose a few more games..as long as they fight and play to win the game (Herm Edwards)...it'll show they are on the right track....

843161[/snapback]

Great point. Next week is big. If they can build on this win and beat the Jaguars. Could mean a bit more going into SD with two wins in a row. Got to love confidence... something this team may have been lacking.