Good Job, J.P. - Congrats

JDG

Congratulations to J.P. Losman on a good game.

I'll be honest and say that for most of this game, I truly believed that we would lose, and my reaction was going to point out that all JP Losman can do is occaisonally hope to hit a bomb - otherwise he can't sustain drives, and commits the occasional devastating turnover.

But at the end of the game, he did something that I had not yet see him do - take the ball and lead the team down the field for a game-winning TD. In addition to doing it in the two-minute drill with no timeouts, it was also the first sustained TD drive in I don't know how long . To finally get that kind of drive in a game-winning two minute drill situation is a big confidence booster, and just a great feeling. I have to say, that it was really nice to really root for the team and have them win.

Great job by J.P. and staying in under pressure to hit the bomb to Lee Evans, as well. Sure it was blown coverage, but it was a great throw - and the kind of throw JP has missed recently.

Keeping things in perspective, though, the Texans were missing a ton of players on the defensive line, which really made our O-Line look better. They are also still the Texans. Hopefully we'll see more improvement in the coming weeks, and more sustained offensive performance.

JDG

I'll be honest and say that for most of this game, I truly believed that we would lose, and my reaction was going to point out that all JP Losman can do is occaisonally hope to hit a bomb - otherwise he can't sustain drives, and commits the occasional devastating turnover. 

But at the end of the game, he did something that I had not yet see him do - take the ball and lead the team down the field for a game-winning TD.  In addition to doing it in the two-minute drill with no timeouts, it was also the first sustained TD drive in I don't know how long . To finally get that kind of drive in a game-winning two minute drill situation is a big confidence booster, and just a great feeling.    I have to say, that it was really nice to really root for the team and have them win.

Great job by J.P. and staying in under pressure to hit the bomb to Lee Evans, as well.  Sure it was blown coverage, but it was a great throw - and the kind of throw JP has missed recently.

Keeping things in perspective, though, the Texans were missing a ton of players on the defensive line, which really made our O-Line look better.  They are also still the Texans.    Hopefully we'll see more improvement in the coming weeks, and more sustained offensive performance.

JDG

842418[/snapback]

yes, very nice game for JP. That drive hopefully will be a huge confidence builder for him and the team.

But at the end of the game, he did something that I had not yet see him do - take the ball and lead the team down the field for a game-winning TD.  In addition to doing it in the two-minute drill with no timeouts, it was also the first sustained TD drive in I don't know how long . To finally get that kind of drive in a game-winning two minute drill situation is a big confidence booster, and just a great feeling.    I have to say, that it was really nice to really root for the team and have them win.

Great job by J.P. and staying in under pressure to hit the bomb to Lee Evans, as well.  Sure it was blown coverage, but it was a great throw - and the kind of throw JP has missed recently.

Keeping things in perspective, though, the Texans were missing a ton of players on the defensive line, which really made our O-Line look better.  They are also still the Texans.    Hopefully we'll see more improvement in the coming weeks, and more sustained offensive performance.

JDG

842418[/snapback]

Nicely stated! And I agree, I was convinced we were on our way to losing that game. Especially when we punted with 3 minutes left. But, JP proved me wrong and clearly showed he's got some skills. Now he and the rest of the team need to build off this and keep moving forward. This was absolutely the best way to win this game.

Royal with cheese has really regressed lately. Can Everitt possibly be worse? He moves better than I thought he would but his suspect hands have really hurt lately.

842679[/snapback]

Cieslak is our Antonio Gates. :doh:

Everett is a no show every week, Royal has very inconsistent hands. It would be nice to have a real weapon at the TE spot.

Let's not forget this Texans team made Jaguars quarterback David Garrard look like a jv player with 4 interceptions and a loss in Jacksonville the week before. :doh:

842672[/snapback]

Of course, isn't Garrard really a JV player?

Royal with cheese has really regressed lately. Can Everitt possibly be worse? He moves better than I thought he would but his suspect hands have really hurt lately.

842679[/snapback]

Ah yes, Cieslak has a four yard catch and he's our savior. His blocking skills are questionable - he totally whiffed one early in the game. Had he been able to cut it, he would've made the team initially instead of Neufeld.

Curiously enough, has Everett seen his last days at TE? First Neufeld replaces him in the line up before he got hurt, and Cieslak was out there instead of Everett. Is he hurt or did the coaches finally get tired of his penalties every week?

Great, great, game he played today. I think the most important thing he did was come back from that really bad Int. He was able to put that aside, and make plays when it counted. Let's not anoint him starter for the next 10 yrs yet but he showed us all something today. I have been quite critical of him at times but I thought he played great today. I hope this helps him with his confidence, the coaches confidence in him and his teammates!

That last pass was great---nobody could have made a better play. It's what we've all been looking for, a quick decision and a strike! Nice to win one like that--thank JP!

842418[/snapback]

Putting things into perspective, doesn't this show that without a good offensive line that JP looks worse than he is? Doesn't this demonstrate that the Bills have to upgrade the offensive line and the rest of the offense will get better?