Nate Clements

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad is this... when he made the interception, I thought of you.

841238[/snapback]

Haha ... i have trained you well. :lol:

1 pick in 10 games! Someone annoint this guy as the next pope!

841240[/snapback]

Edit: he has shut down receivers this entire year. The only thing people can really complain about is his missing a few tackles earlier this year. His actual defending the pass has been stellar all year.

I've been very critical of Nate over the past two-plus seasons, and have called for the Bills to let him go - because let's be honest, he hasn't earned his pay the past 30-plus games or so.

But I have to admit, Nate has been our best defender the last four games or so (maybe Fletcher, but Nate has been making big plays). He keeps playing like this - and gets back to where he was a few years ago - he'll have me convinced he's worth a raise.

Whether he's worth the raise he'll WANT, that's another story...

Edit: he has shut down receivers this entire year. The only thing people can really complain about is his missing a few tackles earlier this year. His actual defending the pass has been stellar all year.

841249[/snapback]

I won't disagree with that. Still not worth the money though, sorry.

No your right. We should just go into next season with 27+ mill in free cap space instead. Thats the way to go.

841270[/snapback]

I think you know that our biggest problem doesn't lie in the secondary, even if clements is gone. The money will and needs to be spent elsewhere.

PAY HIM.

841249[/snapback]

I won't disagree with that. Still not worth the money though, sorry.

841256[/snapback]

resign?  why would he do that after a great game?

841963[/snapback]

My only complaint about Nate Clements, was that he didn't always seem to play like he cared about winning. That has definitely not been the case lately though, and it was never more evident than today, especially on that 3rd Down pass deflection late in the 4th Quarter. He was pumped, he played great all day, and it made a huge difference for this team.

My only complaint about Nate Clements, was that he didn't always seem to play like he cared about winning. That has definitely not been the case lately though, and it was never more evident than today, especially on that 3rd Down pass deflection late in the 4th Quarter. He was pumped, he played great all day, and it made a huge difference for this team.

842105[/snapback]

I tend to think that he was palying as told by the coaches with rookies behind him they seem to have made some slight adjustments since the bye week.....

842105[/snapback]

Is it a coincidence that he's showing up now in the 2nd half of the season, before his contract is up? Methinks he plays when he wants to, and we don't someone like that on this team, especially when they are the highest paid player. I guarantee that if he gets the big contract from us, he'll go right back into his shell and disappear for 3 years.