Bills loss to Colts - different POV

Dan

I spent the week on the road and talked to many friends who were Steeler, Eagle, and Bear fans. And believe me they love to give me crap about the Bills. However, they all thought the Bills played a good game and probably should have beaten the Colts.

It was quite refreshing given my feelings after the game and reading all the comments here. So, maybe we're not as bad as many here think? Just throwing it out there.

Hopefully it's something off which to build. I was encouraged by the performance of the defense and ST's. The offense I cannot evaluate given the O-line, but suffice it to say that when you keep hearing "and there was nobody open" on plays where JP gets sacked or has to throw the ball away, yo know the receivers aren't getting it done as well.

When you don't watch a team or follow them closely a box scored can be very deceiving.

Yes 17-16 looks great to the untrained eye.

Too me it was one of the most depressing losses I have ever witnessed, not for what we did, but what we did not do.

I'm fuggin sick and tired of moral victories.

I don't care if they lost by 1 or 100, it's still a LOSS and its something this team has become very good at.

The only positive I got out of this game is that I liked the gameplan and the fact that the coaches didn't panic - they stuck to what they thought would work and the team was in a position to win.

The problem, as always, is lack of talent, especially in the trenches.

Bad teams find a way to lose, especially the close ones.

RTB

I don't think outstanding plays by special teams setting up scores is great success. We need to win as well.

Even when we win if I see a glaring weakness on the team I know the next team is going to exploit it so I don't get all giddy when we win a game which could have gone either way if I don't see improvements either by the coaching staff, or by the players.

When you don't watch a team or follow them closely a box scored can be very deceiving.

Yes 17-16 looks great to the untrained eye.

Too me it was one of the most depressing losses I have ever witnessed, not for what we did, but what we did not do.

840736[/snapback]

Guess you didn't see walter payton go up over the top of the pile to win the game in a driving rain storm then did you?? Now that was depressing!

I'm fuggin sick and tired of moral victories.

I don't care if they lost by 1 or 100, it's still a LOSS and its something this team has become very good at.

The only positive I got out of this game is that I liked the gameplan and the fact that the coaches didn't panic - they stuck to what they thought would work and the team was in a position to win.

The problem, as always, is lack of talent, especially in the trenches.

Bad teams find a way to lose, especially the close ones.

RTB

840750[/snapback]

Well, you should care whether we lose by 1 or 100 because it is a reflection of how the team is prepared to take on the next game. Everybody other than the 72 dolphins has to deal with losses, and having losses represent good football rather than bad football is important to getting to the next victory. Our secondary's performance was very encouraging. Our offense driving and not making mistakes was encouraging. Passing for under 100 yards and not protecting the quarterback was not encouraging.

But the "no moral victories", "I don't care if we lose by 1 or 100" is the crap of a discouraged fan, not coaches and players who are building a bad football team into a good one. Winning games is the most important thing toward becoming a winning football team, but it is not the only thing. Hopefully our young team has gotten a lot out of the wins against Miami, Minnesota, and Green Bay, but I sure hope that they got something out of the other six games, because more and more is expected of them each game that passes, not just each victory that passes. There is a big difference between our Indy game and our Chicago game, and this represents progress and achievement for our Bills.