Where are all the posters that said....

DeLuca1967

And this year we have 3 out of nine. Over the final seven the Bills will face three teams that are now 3-6.

Last Season they beat an 11-5 team (Cincy), a 10-6 team (KC) and a 9-7 team (Miami).

This season? None of their wins (3) are against teams with winning records. 

And again I read things like "poised to improve" or "A coach who knows what he's doing".

Please. Tell me what you are basing all of this on. The coach is 3-6 which falls right in line whith everything else he has done in the NFL.

And what does "poised to inprove" mean? Shouldn''t there be some small improvement this season. I see bad play calling and dumb penalties. They continue to shuffle the O-line. These are the same things we all saw the past five years. Considering the offense was the worst in franchise history last season. They were "poised to improve" this year, where is it?

No Joke. I want to see it. I hate dreading Sunday afternoons. I want to be able to enjoy Bills games again. I just can't sit there and lie to myself. I need soemthing tangible. Catch phrases and slogans don't do it for me.  :D

840839[/snapback]

I think you're conveniently ignoring the obvious direction this new regime has established. Whether or not you agree with it, it's CERTAINLY an improvment from Murlarkey and his fat-headed dawdlings.

As far as Jaroun's track record goes, I think any accurate assessment regarding his abilities will have to wait until after his fifth year with the Bills. That's right, I said it. What he walked into in Buffalo was a coach's wet dream. A young team ready to be molded at his direction and a man who shares his intellect and devotion to running and defense at the controls. Let's see what he does with it...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you wrote this post confirms you can't explain the difference between the 2005 and 2006 Bills. So why don't you go sit in the corner and let the adults talk for a while. Grab yourself a pudding or something. :D

840843[/snapback]

You're asking a loaded question that can only be answered in your favor because you are comparing the tail end of five-year regime with the first six months of a new regime. And you ask that question as though in the first six months of the new regime, things should automatically just be better.

You're trying to compare apples to oranges when in reality there is no value to the comparison beyond duping a bunch of people into saying "Gee, you're right, DeLuca."

The problem is, you aren't right because the comparison is completely ridiculous. You just hate this team from every angle and creatively come up with new ways to remind us of that.

We get it. You hate the team. You hate the quarterback. You hate everything. Trust us. We don't need to be reminded every !@#$ing day. Give it a rest already.

The rushing defense went from 4.5 yds per carry in 2005 compared to 4.3 this year?

Passing defense gave up 205.7 yrds a game in 2005 compared to 213.2 this year?

It doesn't look the defense has improved. It's looks like they are right where they were last season.  :D

840642[/snapback]

The problem with your semi-analysis is that you're assuming they're supposed to be immediately "better." I'm not really the right person to defend Marv and Co. as I wasn't happy with Marv's hiring to begin with and wasn't thrilled with the draft. That being said I'm still willing to give the new regime some time to show improvement.

You, on the other hand, seem to have an agenda. You made up your mind awhile ago that you didn't like the direction of the team and are looking for any and every opportunity to say, "SEE, I WAS RIGHT!" The problem is you're not right, you just think you are. You might end up being correct but it's far too early to jump to that conclusion yet.

I'm sure you don't want to hear it but when a team installs a new O and new D schemes, loses their primary receiving threat on O, shuffles the OL and has 4 rookies who are either starting or playing significant amounts of time on D you're bound to go through some growing pains. This would be true even if the team was heading in the right direction.

I'm not going to claim that the team is heading in the right direction but I'm not going to claim the opposite either, it's just too early to tell. People who want immediate results have unrealistic expectations. I'm as tired as any Bills fan of losing but you can't blame the current GM or coaching staff for that. They need to be given the opportunity to do their jobs.

In addition to the growing pains check out the schedule. The combine winning percentage of the teams the Bills played in the first 9 games last year was .423. That's a pretty easy schedule. The combine winning percentage of the first nine games this year is .580. That's an incredibly tough schedule. Without looking at every team's schedule I'd guess that the Bills likely have had one of the toughest schedules in the league.

So, taken in all, the new schemes, the rookies playing, the shuffling on the OL and the much, much tougher schedule this year it's actually pretty surprising that the team would be only one game off where they were last year. I’m not sure how anybody could think that this team could have a much better record at this point in the season.

I can't believe this thread has lasted 3 pages when the initial premise (i.e. record after 9 games) is probably the STUPIDEST argument someone has ever tried to put forth on the internet. I had DuhLuca on ignore but saw his inane post in quotes and couldn't believe what he wrote. But then again, this is a guy who claims that "Sabres fans are smarter then Bills fans," so I guess I shouldn't have expected any different. :lol:

If you'd stop rooting for the Bills they'd be better in the fan intelligence department.

840681[/snapback]

If he became a Dolphins fan, the average intelligence of both fan basses would increase. :lol:

Am I the only one who hears banjo music playing when reading a DeLuca post?

The problem with your semi-analysis is that you're assuming they're supposed to be immediately "better."  I'm not really the right person to defend Marv and Co. as I wasn't happy with Marv's hiring to begin with and wasn't thrilled with the draft.  That being said I'm still willing to give the new regime some time to show improvement. 

You, on the other hand, seem to have an agenda.  You made up your mind awhile ago that you didn't like the direction of the team and are looking for any and every opportunity to say, "SEE, I WAS RIGHT!"  The problem is you're not right, you just think you are.  You might end up being correct but it's far too early to jump to that conclusion yet.

I'm sure you don't want to hear it but when a team installs a new O and new D schemes, loses their primary receiving threat on O, shuffles the OL and has 4 rookies who are either starting or playing significant amounts of time on D you're bound to go through some growing pains.  This would be true even if the team was heading in the right direction. 

I'm not going to claim that the team is heading in the right direction but I'm not going to claim the opposite either, it's just too early to tell.  People who want immediate results have unrealistic expectations.  I'm as tired as any Bills fan of losing but you can't blame the current GM or coaching staff for that.  They need to be given the opportunity to do their jobs.

In addition to the growing pains check out the schedule.  The combine winning percentage of the teams the Bills played in the first 9 games last year was .423.  That's a pretty easy schedule.  The combine winning percentage of the first nine games this year is .580.  That's an incredibly tough schedule.  Without looking at every team's schedule I'd guess that the Bills likely have had one of the toughest schedules in the league.

So, taken in all, the new schemes, the rookies playing, the shuffling on the OL and the much, much tougher schedule this year it's actually pretty surprising that the team would be only one game off where they were last year.  I’m not sure how anybody could think that this team could have a much better record at this point in the season.

840892[/snapback]

It's funny you mentioned the schedule. I can't tell you the number of posts I read that said the Bills will have a better record because of the "soft schedule" they were playing this year. I think I should search for those threads :lol:

I understand the whole "growing pains" thing. I had little expectations for this team this year.

I also know this is year one of a rebuilding year. What are they taking from this season and adding to next offseason? This team needs 9 new starters on the offense. And the defense is more then likely to lose Clements and Fletcher. And who knows about Spikes? His career may be over.

Like I said. I did have little expectations. But I did expect the Bills to be a smarter football team. You don't need talent to be a smart player. And I don't think the coaches have always led by example. At some points this season it look like M&M was still at the helm.

I also have to say that passing on Nick Mangold is as big a mistake as TD drafting Mike Williams. Not that the Bills would have a great O-Line this season. At least they would have had one piece of the puzzle in place while they find the other four. Or three is you think Peters is the real deal at tackle.