"Legends of the Buffalo Bills" New Bills Book

OnTheRocks

I'm not sure what they really mean here by legend. Bob Kalsu was a tragedy, but was he a legend with only a 14-game career in Buffalo?

The missing candidates to me are Steve Tasker, by how he transformed people's view of special teams; Joe Cribbs the '80 rookie of the year; and how about Don Beebe -- if only for his "Charlie Hustle" effort against Leon Lett.

Bledsoe -- yeesh, he's not even above Flutie or Wade Phillips. :w00t:

This book is actually 3 or 4 years old.

839433[/snapback]

heh.. you are right, 2003

I guess DB was still on the team and that was just after his awesome 2002 season. The writers still had high hopes for the guy at that point.

That explains so much, and solves the riddle that begot this thread.

(people will keep complaining about it though, as I doubt they will read the actualy informative posts in the thread)

"Legends of the Buffalo Bills" sound so familiar to one of the greatest show I used to watch.  Anyone remember?

Legends of the hidden temple.  I'd say the Bills can't even find there way into the temple.  Let alone look for the room that has the superbowl ring. :lol: Why us? :w00t:

839438[/snapback]

I think I saw the Bills sequel to that Legends show -- It was TD and the Temple (offensive line) of Dome. It played in Buffalo for five years

I could knock Knox (41 wins, 31 losses) as a selection.

839401[/snapback]

Okay, gloves are off...I will say that Knox is the best coach, other than Marv Levy and Lou Saban, in Buffalo Bills history. How can you "knock Knox" when he was one of the most successful coaches in team history? Being +10 with the Bills, particularly at the time Knox got there, is an amazing feat. He gave the Bills the only ounce of credibility that the franchise had for nearly a decade of awful football, and turned it into a team on the cusp of greatness...but Ralph, as he was in those days, couldn't stand prosperity...he drove Knox off, played hardball with its' best offensive player (Joe Cribbs), hired cut-rate personel people, and replaced one of the better coaches in NFL history, with Kay Stephenson...

The Knox era Bills had one of the best defenses in the NFL (I believe they finished #1 in 1980), and despite the "ground-Chuck" tag, had one of the more agressive and prolific passing games in the NFL.

Unfortunatley timed injuries, and Ralph Wilson hampered Knox. I believe, had he stayed, Knox would have taken the Bills at least as far as Marv did. They were a very good team for two years

Knox built a very strong team.

My beef with Knox was that he traded OJ Simpson, Jim Braxton, Paul Seymour, drafted Tom Cousineau, and signed Dobler and Villipiano. He never groomed a backup to Ferguson, which cost us dearly in '80. Knox was the 3rd best coach in Bills history and did many positive things, but should the 3rd best coach in Bills history be in a legends book?

My beef with Knox was that he traded OJ Simpson, Jim Braxton, Paul Seymour, drafted Tom Cousineau, and signed Dobler and Villipiano. He never groomed a backup to Ferguson, which cost us dearly in '80.  Knox was the 3rd best coach in Bills history and did many positive things, but should the 3rd best coach in Bills history be in a legends book?

839685[/snapback]

yes- when the bulk of players are not legendary either