I've been thinking

Dr. Trooth

Well, we've got a pretty bad team.  Very reminscent of when GW came on as coach.    You have an entirely new regime.  How can we expect an instant winner after another roster purge reminiscent of the dawn of the TD reign?

Aren't many of us expecting way too much out of this team this year?  JP, although not a rookie, has just now reached the equivalent of one full season as a starter with a team that is in serious flux.  So, why should the kid get whacked mercilessly by the fans, when his offense has had a total overhaul, an Oline that is still subpar, and at the skill positions, except for Evans, with subpar performers (I especially include McGahee in that group).

Let's examine this a little closer.

Adams, Milloy, Anderson, Moulds, Vincent, Posey, Baker, Campbell, Teague, Edwards all either starters or saw significant playing time last season are gone.  But the defense is considerably better from a year ago.  Offense has definitely taken a step backwards from a year ago... then again, the offense takes more time to bring up to speed than a defense.

However, this team is headed in the right direction.  This team is either the youngest or second youngest in the league... and it will get even younger next year.  I don't recall ever hitting the mother load in a draft like the Bills pulled of last year.  All 8 draft picks made the team. Six of the 8 draft picks have started at one point this year.  McCargo and Youboty, the only two that have not started, could potentially end up starting next year.  This is pretty amazing in itself.

This bodes well for next year.  You have to be excited about the upcoming draft and free agency.  If we accept that Peters and Pennington are the answer at tackles, then what the Bills lack is perhaps a guard, center, top flight RB, and top flight WR on offense.  On defense, the Bills could use a Big DT a pass rusher... in the form of a DE or OLB.  I see the Bills passing on Fletcher this year and continuing their youth movement and TKO moving to MLB... they get more size and don't lose any speed.  Obviously, Nate will be history.  I see Kiwaukee Thomas taking over and eventially Youboty claiming that spot.  But, I still think they will ned to aquire some depth at safety and CB.

The Biggest single position that they need to upgrade is RB.  Willis is a pseudo pounder... no speed, no elusiveness, no big play ability.  He'll also be in a contract year and he thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  No way Ralph will give him a hefty pay raise... he's simply done nothing to deserve it.  I don't think there is a franchise runner in this draft, but if there is, the Bills will take him with a 5 or 6 pick unless there's someone better on the board.  But, either way, I'll tell you... the more I see this Michael Turner in SD the more I like him.  He goes 5'10" 235 has power and speed... along with a 6.0 yard per carry average over 3 years.  He's had two or three runs of over 70 yards, so we know he can take it to the house.... he may be a vialble option in FA.  The Bills still need a home run at WR... they won't find a Colston like N.O. did.  They'll have to draft high ar find a worthy FA.

All of this taken into consideration, I think the Bills are headed in the right direction.  They've got a lot of $$$ under the salary cap...so maybe they lock up some of the younger guys for some time, bring in a couple of high end FAs, and have another 'over the top draft'.  I gotta say things may look bad this season... but the "Big Picture" looks bright.

838721[/snapback]

Very Nice, The future does look very bright. Thank god you said something about Willis because I thought I was the only one who didn''t believe all of his hype. The Guy never seems to break tackles (like the A-Train). I do like Michael Turner, but I believe he is a restricted free agent. Maybe the Bills could take a look at a guy like Michael Bush in the draft and trade Willis. Then Bush could split time with the A-train his first year and develop into the successful Travis Henry like back we had in the past.

Well, we've got a pretty bad team.  Very reminscent of when GW came on as coach.    You have an entirely new regime.  How can we expect an instant winner after another roster purge reminiscent of the dawn of the TD reign?

Aren't many of us expecting way too much out of this team this year?  JP, although not a rookie, has just now reached the equivalent of one full season as a starter with a team that is in serious flux.  So, why should the kid get whacked mercilessly by the fans, when his offense has had a total overhaul, an Oline that is still subpar, and at the skill positions, except for Evans, with subpar performers (I especially include McGahee in that group).

Adams, Milloy, Anderson, Moulds, Vincent, Posey, Baker, Campbell, Teague, Edwards all either starters or saw significant playing time last season are gone.  But the defense is considerably better from a year ago.  Offense has definitely taken a step backwards from a year ago... then again, the offense takes more time to bring up to speed than a defense.

However, this team is headed in the right direction.  This team is either the youngest or second youngest in the league... and it will get even younger next year.  I don't recall ever hitting the mother load in a draft like the Bills pulled of last year.  All 8 draft picks made the team. Six of the 8 draft picks have started at one point this year.  McCargo and Youboty, the only two that have not started, could potentially end up starting next year.  This is pretty amazing in itself.

This bodes well for next year.  You have to be excited about the upcoming draft and free agency.  If we accept that Peters and Pennington are the answer at tackles, then what the Bills lack is perhaps a guard, center, top flight RB, and top flight WR on offense.  On defense, the Bills could use a Big DT a pass rusher... in the form of a DE or OLB.  I see the Bills passing on Fletcher this year and continuing their youth movement and TKO moving to MLB... they get more size and don't lose any speed.  Obviously, Nate will be history.  I see Kiwaukee Thomas taking over and eventially Youboty claiming that spot.  But, I still think they will ned to aquire some depth at safety and CB.

The Biggest single position that they need to upgrade is RB.  Willis is a pseudo pounder... no speed, no elusiveness, no big play ability.  He'll also be in a contract year and he thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  No way Ralph will give him a hefty pay raise... he's simply done nothing to deserve it.  I don't think there is a franchise runner in this draft, but if there is, the Bills will take him with a 5 or 6 pick unless there's someone better on the board.  But, either way, I'll tell you... the more I see this Michael Turner in SD the more I like him.  He goes 5'10" 235 has power and speed... along with a 6.0 yard per carry average over 3 years.  He's had two or three runs of over 70 yards, so we know he can take it to the house.... he may be a vialble option in FA.  The Bills still need a home run at WR... they won't find a Colston like N.O. did.  They'll have to draft high ar find a worthy FA.

All of this taken into consideration, I think the Bills are headed in the right direction.  They've got a lot of $$$ under the salary cap...so maybe they lock up some of the younger guys for some time, bring in a couple of high end FAs, and have another 'over the top draft'.  I gotta say things may look bad this season... but the "Big Picture" looks bright.

838721[/snapback]

Hey... Who's the cutie in your avatar? :D she looks very farmiliar

838721[/snapback]

Once again, its "Anyone but Losman....."

But yeah, its Willis McGahee and Lee Evans that are the problems... Yup, that's the ticket!

JDG

838721[/snapback]

Hello Dr. Trooth,

Well done as usual. Urrghhh.........I'm not sold on Pennington. I tossed this one out last night, and will do so again. Our first pick - would we be better off with:

1) Get a true OLT and move Peters back over to the right side?

Or

2) Get an animal at DT? Prison record aside......

As for the much larger issue of whether the glass is half full or half empty....oh, come on. It's half full. Get the F over it, will all y'all? (spent a year in the South). There's no friggin' alternative. It's either going to get better, or the team is going to leave.....probably to "The South", where I spent that awful year. The question at this point is what position do we draft first? My call? I want the DT. :lol: