McGee Shuts Down Wayne:

Astrobot

Wayne’s Stats

Week 6 ---INDY's Bye Week

Week 7 ---vs Washington 7 catches 122 yards

Week 8 ---vs Denver 10 catches 138 yards

Week 9 ---vs N.E. 6 catches for 90 yards

Week 10—vs Buff 4 catches for 42 yards

Terrence did a yeomanlike job against his man last Sunday. Props to McGee for his work on defense as well as special teams.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if anyone was viewing the BILLS website you seen a comparison between the Colts now and the BILLS then. K-Gun, hurry-up, etc. Perhaps Marv knew how to slow it down. Marvin Harrison is, in my view, the NFL's best receiver, but he isn't the biggest guy. So why not get physical with him, double him, etc...

what about the touchdown pass to wayne right over Mcgee

837129[/snapback]

McGee had perfect coverage on that play....Peyton just put it where only Wayne could get it. If McGee had been any more on top of him, he would have been arrested.

McGee had perfect coverage on that play....Peyton just put it where only Wayne could get it. If McGee had been any more on top of him, he would have been arrested.

837142[/snapback]

Perfect coverage would have been turning around a half-second faster and knocking the ball down. He was guilty of the same error on another pass play in the game, but to be fair, no corner plays every down perfect.

What about Clements on Harrison (2 catches for 21 yards)?  What was the difference between that game and most of the other games?

837122[/snapback]

It seemed like the first game the Bills coaching staff let Clements play close up, instead of staying 10 yards back.

837142[/snapback]

Not really .. he should have turned around (I dont know why he NEVER seems to turn around) and just put his finger on the ball and it would have been no TD ...

Not really .. he should have turned around (I dont know why he NEVER seems to turn around) and just put his finger on the ball and it would have been no TD ...

837331[/snapback]

I know, I can't believe that he allowed that TD to Manning....Manning never completes those passes! It doesn't matter that he tends to throw the ball before the receiver even knows it's coming....those timing patters are overrated. McGee sucks.

I know, I can't believe that he allowed that TD to Manning....Manning never completes those passes!  It doesn't matter that he tends to throw the ball before the receiver even knows it's coming....those timing patters are overrated. McGee sucks.

837337[/snapback]

Yeah, way to change what I said. Good job! Notice how I say he "never" seems to turn around. Manning may throw a ton of TD's just like that but it doesnt take away the fact that McGee didnt play it right. He was on his man but didnt make an attempt to 1. Turn Around or 2. Bat it down. Thus Waynge scored a TD. Period. I cant remember the last time someone scored a TD on Clements. I think it was last year against Chad Johnson :lol:

Yeah, way to change what I said. Good job! Notice how I say he "never" seems to turn around. Manning may throw a ton of TD's just like that but it doesnt take away the fact that McGee didnt play it right. He was on his man but didnt make an attempt to 1. Turn Around or  2. Bat it down. Thus Waynge scored a TD. Period. I cant remember the last time someone scored a TD on Clements. I think it was last year against Chad Johnson  :lol:

837478[/snapback]

You're totally wrong. I just watched the replay and McGee does BOTH of those things. He turns around and tries to knock it down. Go watch it again. The ball was perfectly placed and thrown early enough that McGee was a tad bit late.

Ok. I just watched the play ... McGee turns around LITERALLY right when the ball is about to fall in Wayne's arms. If you want me to take a picture and post, then let me know and I will. Also. If you think that his arm flail after the ball hits Wayne's chest is "defending the pass" then I suggest you dont apply for any defensive back coaching postions.

Ok. I just watched the play ... McGee turns around LITERALLY right when the ball is about to fall in Wayne's arms. If you want me to take a picture and post, then let me know and I will. Also. If you think that his arm flail after the ball hits Wayne's chest is "defending the pass" then I suggest you dont apply for any defensive back coaching postions.

837495[/snapback]

Hits Wayne's chest?? dude had his back to the ball! Don't make me come over there.....