don't look now, but ...

dave mcbride

I understand, and a appreciate your optimism.  I have really tried hard to see things this way...however, all of my optimisitic prognostications are predicated on the fact that the Bills playing to the best of their perceived capabilities.  They have rarely done that the last few years. 

I suppose it is possible, given the shcizophranic nature of the NFL this year (parity?) the Bills could eek out a 7-9 season (I was predicting 5-11), but, the way they have played, I can't really see this as being something that would give us a lot of hope for something much better next season.  I can take the losses, but I am disturbed by the fact that there is not one area of this team that really seems to be improving.  I fear we are just going to be left with more questions again, this offseason.

Personally, and much to my dismay, I think Miami will be playing a lot better the second half of the season...and I honestly think Houston and Tennessee play a lot harder than the Bills on a weekly basis.  Not saying none of these games are winnable, but the Bills have to play a lot better than they have, to beat them.  I don't think they are that much better than any of these teams.

835347[/snapback]

We just lost to the best team in the NFL by one point. I find that they might even go 8-8

We just lost to the best team in the NFL by one point. I find that they might even go 8-8

835721[/snapback]

I think the margin of victory in yesterdays game means little. The Bills lost. The only reason it was close was a few turnovers, and a great kick return. To have as many opportunities to score in the red zone, as the Bills did, and come away with negative 11 yards and two field goals is not the sign of team on the offensive upswing.

Like I said, I really never got the sense, becuause of the offense, the Bills were going to win. The Colts were content to ram the ball down the Bills throat. If the Bills had posed any sort of real threat of beating them, I have no doubt Manning would have torched them.

Even in his PC after the game, Dungy said it was an important win for the Colts, because they were able to establish the run, and run effectively, something they have been working toward. I believe he even said something to the effect, "we know Payton can pass the ball, we needed to get our running game in playoff form."

If you listen to Dungy, week after week, he is trying to prepare his team to win close games, something they hadn't been doing so much the last few seasons. Yesterday, he even mentioned the narrow margins of victory, saying that it was "good for his team" to win games like this.

I'm sick of all you Negative Nancys!

We are going to sneak into the playoffs as a wild card and then win the Superbowl!

Whoopee! Whoopee!

Cant..get this..jacket off..or I would raise my finger into NUMBER 1.

Get that doctor off me! NURSE! HELP! NOT THE NEEDLE! AAAHHRG! Were num...one.

We..num..Zzzzzz.

I wouldn't bet money on it but I don't think 7-9 is out of the question. The Bills have been in every game except the Bears and the 2nd Pats game.

The San Diego game might get ugly. The rest, I can see a plausible scenario where the Bills might win. Houston, Miami and the Titans are all in our weight class. The Jags are struggling a little bit and the weather might be a factor. We've already proven that we can play well against the Jets. Baltimore has a great D, poor O so the game will probably be close.

Plus 4 games are at home.