Let's define progress for a QB. Seems 2 me JP has

milfster1

Let's take all the emotion out of the debate and look at it from a different angle. Everyone has their opinions, but progress in the websters dictionary is defined as:

Progess: gradual betterment; especially : the progressive development of humankind

Regression: movement backward to a previous and especially worse or more primitive state or condition

With the board in chaos over whether JP has progressed or regressed, and should be yanked, let's look at this on the actual definition of the words. Let's also take into consideration that he is also in a brand new offensive system that he is trying with an offensive line in shambles, so it's a little bit harder than being in the same system for a couple years.

Stats for the past 2 years to determine whether progression has been made.

Attempts: 225

Completions: 139

Percentage: 61.7

YPA: 6.65

TD/INT 7/6

Fumbles/Rec 8/3

Attempts: 228

Completions: 113

Percentage: 49.6

YPA: 5.87

TD/INT 8/8

Fumbles/Rec 7/3

What I see is an improvement in 3 of the 4 major areas of a QB stats. This is all done again trying to learn a new offense, a new style (staying in the pocket instead of scrambling) and one of the worst offensive lines in football, that had to juggle 2 of the positions and insert a 7th rounder at another it was so bad.

If we talk about having "it", I don't even want to hear that crap. Very few QB's have "it" and must get by on their skillset. Everyone in the media said Matt Leinert had "it" after 2 games, but we see where that's got him. Maybe JP obtains "it" with experience and maybe he doesn't, but when you look at the definition of progress and regress, it is obvious that JP has improved the more he's played. The fumbles is an area he has to improve on. He's admitted it and he took a wicked shot in the back today and held the ball, yet no one brings that up and gives him credit for that.

Another area he has made progress in, is the respect of the teammates, esp on offense. I consistantly here these guys in interviews support JP and talk about the lack of protection he gets. That is a huge improvement over last year. Some QB's take a while. Everyone thought Hasselback and Brees were busts after a few years, and we see where they are now.

Since in my opinion JP has progressed (albeit not as quickly as we'd hoped), in the context of the literal definitions, he has progressed and not regressed, and according to the Bills coaching staff he is coming along (albeit slowly), I will no longer listen to you clowns who act as if JP Losman is the root cause of all evil with this team, and should be yanked immediately for a QB who hasn't even been able to take the 2nd string position on the depth chart.

I therefore, and hopefully many others, will continue to support the starting QB of the Bills, instead of hoping so badly we yank him, and therefore have to start over again next year trying to find a QB, when our offensive line is so obviously the problem it is not even funny. If the Bills coaching staff eventually decides that they will pull JP, then I will root for Craig Nall (or whomever they put in there) but until then, some of you just need to let it rest.

For those of you who can't support the starting QB, go somewhere else and quit trying to bring gloom and doom to this board. It's hard enough going through the rebuilding which we already new was happening anyways. This place used to be a forum for Bills fans to enjoy the games, help get through the hard times, but y'all are turning it into a crusade as to why the Bills will never be good again, and it's getting old.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

They need to let JP throw and not play so robotic. He's failing at this method. The coaching staff has had to rein in him so much it's embarrassing. I guess they're doing this to keep JP from losing the game. I'd rather see Mularkey coach him than have him regress like this. I understand what Jauron is doing. PLay conservative, mistake free football and capitalize with defense and special teams. He went 13-3 with Chicago doing this. Too bad it was mostly luck. You can't win consistently like this. This is the worst Bills offense in history and JP is a huge part of the problem. He still has not shown any ability to step away from pressure or sense where it even comes from? He seems to only read his primary receiver...he can't improvise. He pretty much can't read a defense. His deep ball sucks lately and worst of all, inside the opponents red zone he is an absolute disaster. The defensive coordinators out there have a field day with him. His abilities right now are that of a 3rd or low rated 2nd string QB. No other team would be starting him right now. Kyle Boller had better numbers than this and he was permanently benched to the 2nd string. I cannot even imagine how some people on this board defend JP. Did anyone watch other games today? I saw QB's in every game getting rushed, harassed, beaten on,....and some guys just make plays while some don't.

Did anyone watch other games today?  I saw QB's in every game getting rushed, harassed, beaten on,....and some guys just make plays while some don't.

834600[/snapback]

Evidently while watching all the other games you missed the fact that this was happening to JP on just about every attempt he went back to pass.

It's one thing to have it happen occasionally, and your right that all QB's =have to deal with it. But the majory of the good QB's do not have this happen to them all the time, and when it does happen they usually don't play that well.

Ever see Tom Brady have a bad day. I remember a 31-0 defeat at the bills. Last year vs Denver, last week against the Colts. What about Petyon against the Steelers or NE prior to the last couple years. If you harrass a QB it makes them make bad decisions. That is the exception for these guys. Imaging that being the norm for JP and he always has has someone in his face or hitting him as he throws. That's a bit hard for any QB to overcome, especially a young one.

Evidently while watching all the other games you missed the fact that this was happening to JP on just about every attempt he went back to pass.

It's one thing to have it happen occasionally, and your right that all QB's =have to deal with it.  But the majory of the good QB's do not have this happen to them all the time, and when it does happen they usually don't play that well. 

Ever see Tom Brady have a bad day.  I remember a 31-0 defeat at the bills.  Last year vs Denver, last week against the Colts.  What about Petyon against the Steelers or NE prior to the last couple years.  If you harrass a QB it makes them make bad decisions.  That is the exception for these guys.  Imaging that being the norm for JP and he always has has someone in his face or hitting him as he throws.  That's a bit hard for any QB to overcome, especially a young one.

834640[/snapback]

You have tunnel vision. Of course i see our O-line. They do not get beat on every pass play. What happened after the fake punt today when JP went deep to Evans? Lee had a step but the ball was 15 yds overthrown AND out of bounds. Why do JP supporters conveniently forget these types of plays? I give people like Brady a pass because he has had more good/great days than bad. JP needs to do something first before he gets a pass on anything.

Why do JP supporters conveniently forget these types of plays?

834669[/snapback]

I don't forget them. I never said he has been playing great. I think he has been mediocre this year, which is better than what he was last year. From what I've seen of him, once he gets a better offensive line around him, I think he will be an outstanding QB (maybe not all pro but better than we've had in a long time).

The guy has been taking a licking all year long. You don't think that is starting to where on a human being. People say he doesn't avoid pressure, but I think his touchdown last week was moving in the pocket to deliver the pass. A few weeks ago he was running around for this life all game avoiding pressure.

Anyways, we agree to disagree. I think the coaching staff sees the same things I do, and hopefully (for all Bills fans sakes) he proves all the naysayers wrong. I really want to see what this kid can do with an offensive line.