The Freeney Sack.

Bob in STL

problem in JPs case is that he rarely ever senses or avoids one. 

834535[/snapback]

This is an inaccurate statment and should be avoided. JP regularly avoids sacks. I've reviewed most of the games this season and he has stepped up, side stepped, or scrambled left/right several times every game. Granted he's done less the last 2 weeks, but he's dropped back less, as well.

Certainly, he doesn't avoid all sacks. But, to say he rarely or never avoids a sack is just not reality.

The problem with JP's sacks is that they're almost always exactly when we DON'T need one. It's almost as if the defense just sits back and picks and choosed when they want to get a sack. But, by the same token, opposing offenses seem to get the first down on our defense in a similar fashion; i.e. whenever thet really want to.

Terrence McGee?

834750[/snapback]

Hey, that's outside of the box thinking. Shades of Justin Bannan at offensive guard.

At least he might have been able to stay with Freeney, but I guess he has enough to do.

I think this was the play of the game.  My thoughts on it are:

1.  I did not like the call on 3rd and 5 but that is because I wanted to stay conservative.  I just don't trust Losman and too many things can go wrong on a pass play.  Unfortunately, one of them did. 

In reality, 3rd and 5 is a down where you should be able to pass or run.  Our offense is so flawed that any 3rd down play is a risk. 

2.  Dwight Freeney lined up way outside and completely beat the TE, not the LT.  The Colts were overstacked on our left, they have been looking  for a run to the left side.  Freeney blew by #84 (Royal) and JP had no chance.    JP's ability to sense the rush is not there.  Either that or the carpet must be very soft and quiet in the RCA dome. 

3.  Others are, but I cannot blame Jauron since Fairchild calls the play.  There are just so many missed assignments on the offense.  The right side of the line is very poor.  The TE's do not contribute.  The 2nd WR is a non factor.  Then you have Losman who still plays like a rookie. 

4.  I feel we were fortunate to only lose by a point.  Thanks to the defense and special teams for that.  I guess Jauron and staff did something right to keep us in the game. 

5.  There is lots of blame to go around if that is what you seek to do.  For me, it is  hard to judge Fairchild, Jauron, or even Losman when we have such a lack of talent on offense.

834497[/snapback]

Great summary. I too believe we make the kick without the sack.

TE Royal has been a bust. Can't block, catch, and is good for at least 1-2 five yard penalties per game