Born in 1960

dhgold

No!

After this year's draft I had the sinking sensation that the Bills will not have another good team for the rest of my life. What I've seen this season only strengthens that feeling.

Observations:

The Bills' strategy is to play well enough to not get blown out. The tactic they employ towards this end is to put the ball in the hand of their best player, Moorman. What does it say when the best player on the team is the punter?

The inevitable drive killing offensive penalties diminish what scant enjoyment exists in watching the team.

Is there a reason why journeyman/retread Thomas has looked at least as good as the self proclaimed star he is replacing other than that McGahee is overrated?

The Bills' biggest weakness is the offensive line. It's not a question of which smells worse, the rotten chicken or the rotten egg. As unpromising as Losman has been, the o-line has been even worse. Priorities 1,2 & 3 in the offseason should be signifigantly upgrading this unit; this doesn't mean shelling out chump change for the guard/tackle/center equivalent of Tripplet, it means spending real money and draft picks to to acquire legitimate talent and competitiveness. I sometimes wonder if the Bills don't sign top-tier free agents because players don't want to come to Buffalo, possibly the least desireable location in the league, and play for the new-millenium perenial loser Bills; but then I remember when then terrible Philly signed John Runyon away from then formidable Tennessee by paying above market rates and how well that move, criticized at the time, worked out for player and team.

Evans is the Bills second best player and possibly only blue chipper beside Moorman and probably Clements (who would probably be better if the team were more competive.) Bills need to sack up and pay Clements market rates; as someone said in another thread, they have to hold onto any real talent they have -- they are on the verge of becoming what the Clippers had been for the past three decades up to last year.

I currently live in CO where the only info I get about the Bills is from watching them in a sportsbar without sound, so my opinions are based on nothing but what I see.

Just had to vent.

No!

After this year's draft I had the sinking sensation that the Bills will not have another good team for the rest of my life.  What I've seen this season only strengthens that feeling.

Observations:

The Bills' strategy is to play well enough to not get blown out.  The tactic they employ towards this end is to put the ball in the hand of their best player, Moorman.  What does it say when the best player on the team is the punter?

The inevitable drive killing offensive penalties diminish what scant enjoyment exists in watching the team.

Is there a reason why journeyman/retread Thomas has looked at least as good as the self proclaimed star he is replacing other than that McGahee is overrated?

The Bills' biggest weakness is the offensive line.  It's not a question of which smells worse, the rotten chicken or the rotten egg.  As unpromising as Losman has been, the o-line has been even worse.  Priorities 1,2 & 3 in the offseason should be signifigantly upgrading this unit; this doesn't mean shelling out chump change for the guard/tackle/center equivalent of Tripplet, it means spending real money and draft picks to to acquire legitimate talent and competitiveness.  I sometimes wonder if the Bills don't sign top-tier free agents because players don't want to come to Buffalo, possibly the least desireable location in the league, and play for the new-millenium perenial loser Bills; but then I remember when then terrible Philly signed John Runyon away from then formidable Tennessee by paying above market rates and how well that move, criticized at the time, worked out for player and team.

Evans is the Bills second best player and possibly only blue chipper beside Moorman and probably Clements (who would probably be better if the team were more competive.)  Bills need to sack up and pay Clements market rates; as someone said in another thread, they have to hold onto any real talent they have -- they are on the verge of becoming what the Clippers had been for the past three decades up to last year.

I currently live in CO where the only info I get about the Bills is from watching them in a sportsbar without sound, so my opinions are based on nothing but what I see.

Just had to vent.

834394[/snapback]

Good post...My advice would be next time when your watching with the sound down at the bar put a paper bag over your head also..........That might make it a little easier. 0:)

.... Moorman.  What does it say when the best player on the team is the punter?

834394[/snapback]

This fact is sooo true and oh sooo sad at the same time. What other team in the league boasts about their punter?

The Bills' biggest weakness is the offensive line.  It's not a question of which smells worse, the rotten chicken or the rotten egg.  As unpromising as Losman has been, the o-line has been even worse.  Priorities 1,2 & 3 in the offseason should be signifigantly upgrading this unit; this doesn't mean shelling out chump change for the guard/tackle/center equivalent of Tripplet, it means spending real money and draft picks to to acquire legitimate talent and competitiveness. 

834394[/snapback]

Your mouth to Marv's ears. I cannot believe that we will go through another off season without significant upgrades to the O-line. If we go into next year without 3 new starters...

Meanwhile, teams (pats for instance) keep pluggin draft picks into the O-line without a dropoff. Perhaps the mouse is not all he was expected to be...