Any1 who thinks JP was the reason we lost

milfster1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good QB leads his team.  His team has confidence in him and plays well for him.  JP doesn't have the confidence of his teammates and doesn't lead the team.

834232[/snapback]

How can he be confident when he knows defenders will be in his face after a couple seconds?

How can he be confident when he knows defenders will be in his face after a couple seconds?

834236[/snapback]

I don't know. I'm not a head coach. What I do know is that I saw the same sh-- in Dallas and a change in QB solved the problem. We won't make the playoffs with this QB e basta.

Thanks for helping to prove my point. Green Bay had only two TD drives against Minnesota, one was only 22 yards after Brad Johnson fumbled and the other on a 82 yard pass on the third play of the drive. Clearly, Minnesota did not force Favre to drive the length of the field and they lost.

834084[/snapback]

Favre today: 24/42 347yds 2 TDs 0 Ints, ummmm yeah.

Don't bother trying to present an argument. He is incapable of formulating a response and instead will spout off more incomprehensible garbage. He is truly a moron.

834147[/snapback]

Kinda like folks who blindly defend the worst starting QB in the league?

I don't know.  I'm not a head coach.  What I do know is that I saw the same sh-- in Dallas and a change in QB solved the problem.  We won't make the playoffs with this QB e basta.

834241[/snapback]

Fix the O-Line = Fix the problem.

The success of the offense DEPENDS on it.

No he is a moron because he does not support arguments with evidence. When presented with evidence to contradict his garbage, he does not respond and instead starts with his "Loseman..." crap.

Losman has not been good. He has been decidely average. I can point to stats, but I doubt you will accept that. This week, like most weeks, the Bills were in position to win the game in the 4th quarter with Losman doing just enough to keep the game close and just enough not to give the game away. That is pretty average in my book.

834213[/snapback]

So you are saying that he is a game manager? Only one game manager in NFL history has won a Super Bowl and Trent Dilfer happened to have the best defense in the NFL when he did it. You can point to stats, but I don't think that you will find it there. There is a huge difference between having a QB that can win football games, and QBs that "don't lose" football games.

Doing just enough doesn't cut it when it is your job to make big plays.

A good QB leads his team.  His team has confidence in him and plays well for him.  JP doesn't have the confidence of his teammates and doesn't lead the team.

834232[/snapback]

:lol:<_<:D

I never thought I would see the day when I would possibly say this, but..

Meazza is right, I agree with him :(

:(

What makes him a moron...because he thinks JP Losman sucks and you don't? The bottom line is that we are not winning and, fair or not,  when teams don't win the QB typically shoulders the blame.

It is quite easy for us morons to come up with reasons why JP stinks.

Without blaming the offensive line or the coaches, can you please provide me with evidence that he is any good?

834202[/snapback]

Actually nothing makes him a moron.....he does it all of his own volition.

Just read his posts.....

BTW, to conclude that JP is....not is probably, or maybe, or looks like....but is never going to make it when there are so many variables involved is IMO moronic.

Again I state that most JP supporters are simply saying that assessing him is very difficult due to the negative factors around him. Anyone who actually believes he is 'good' at this point is obviously deluded.

How does quarter back confidence keep tackles and tight ends from wiffing on defensive ends?

834238[/snapback]

Levy and DJ know the problem and you will see it addressed in the offseason. Bill Polien (sp) and Levy built a great offence of line in the early 90's look for MArv to do it again. Especially after this season!

Favre today: 24/42  347yds 2 TDs 0 Ints, ummmm yeah.

834248[/snapback]

Yet he scored touchdowns on no long drives. What's to argue with? The Bills made him go the length of the field, and four separate times he made drive killing mistakes. He put up big yards last week, too.

Fix the O-Line = Fix the problem.

The success of the offense DEPENDS on it.

834250[/snapback]

Is there the possibility that the O-Line will play better for a better QB? Why is it other teams can plug in players and manage to get a decent passing game while we require the top 5 OL in the league before our passing/running game can be consistent?

:lol:  <_<  :D

I never thought I would see the day when I would possibly say this, but..

Meazza is right, I agree with him :(

:(

834254[/snapback]

I know my football, I'm just not the type to start looking for stats to prove my point.

Is there the possibility that the O-Line will play better for a better QB?  Why is it other teams can plug in players and manage to get a decent passing game while we require the top 5 OL in the league before our passing/running game can be consistent?

834272[/snapback]

Gawdammit, stop making sense. I find it disturbing that I have to keep agreeing with you <_<

So you are saying that he is a game manager? Only one game manager in NFL history has won a Super Bowl and Trent Dilfer happened to have the best defense in the NFL when he did it. You can point to stats, but I don't think that you will find it there. There is a huge difference between having a QB that can win football games, and QBs that "don't lose" football games.

Doing just enough doesn't cut it when it is your job to make big plays.

834252[/snapback]

Where did I say he is a game manager? I said he was average. He's made his share of big plays and mistakes but overall he is neither winning nor losing games for the Bills.

Yet he scored touchdowns on no long drives. What's to argue with? The Bills made him go the length of the field, and four separate times he made drive killing mistakes. He put up big yards last week, too.

834270[/snapback]

Hall of Fame veteran with a decent line a veteran RB and a couple good WR

Where did I say he is a game manager? I said he was average. He's made his share of big plays and mistakes but overall he is neither winning nor losing games for the Bills.

834277[/snapback]

Which is the problem. How many teams won a superbowl let alone were consistent without a QB winning them games. Not everyone could build a defence like the Ravens or the Bears.

Is there the possibility that the O-Line will play better for a better QB?  Why is it other teams can plug in players and manage to get a decent passing game while we require the top 5 OL in the league before our passing/running game can be consistent?

834272[/snapback]

I didn't say make it top 5.

I said fix it, which means make it better than what it is now.

Another problem I have with it...only 2 of the 5 starters on the line are draftees, and one is an undrafted free agent.

Isn't that a bit unsettling??

834272[/snapback]

Kind of like how the Dallas Cowboys offensive line got better when they changed QBs.

Forget it, it is a lost cause. So many people are holding out hope because if JP is not the answer, we will be screwed for at least another 3-5 years. Desperation has a funny way of clouding peoples judgement.

Any JP apologists should ask themselves one question. Would they bet their houses on JP turning out to be a good NFL QB. My guess is that most would say no.

834270[/snapback]

On their second TD Favre started at his own 3 yard line, a 97 yard drive. Don't let facts slow you down, you're on a roll!

834272[/snapback]

I don't know....

What I do know is that just because some teams can do something....or have success doing something....it does not mean that all can do it or have success with it. You could just as easily say.....

"Teams that have total garbage for an OL don't ever seem to be able to do anything consistant in either passing or running games regardless of who they put in.".....i.e. Raiders, Cardinals, Bills, Browns, etc

834277[/snapback]

You just did. Average QBs that don't win or lose games are called game managers.

On their second TD Favre started at his own 3 yard line, a 97 yard drive. Don't let facts slow you down, you're on a roll!

834286[/snapback]

That drive had 3 plays. 82 of those yards came on a slant to Donald Driver who took it the rest of the way. Nice, half-assed attempt. <_<

I didn't say make it top 5.

I said fix it, which means make it better than what it is now.

Another problem I have with it...only 2 of the 5 starters on the line are draftees, and one is an undrafted free agent.

Isn't that a bit unsettling??

834281[/snapback]

Yes it is unsettling, but I would be willing to bet that you put one of the NFL's elite QB's behind this line and they would get better production out of this offence. Of course I can't prove it, I'm willing to think that the OL would play better in front of QB that doesn't look like he's a frightened child when he's holding on to the ball.

I don't know....

What I do know is that just because some teams can do something....or have success doing something....it does not mean that all can do it or have success with it.  You could just as easily say.....

"Teams that have total garbage for an OL don't ever seem to be able to do anything consistant in either passing or running games regardless of who they put in.".....i.e. Raiders, Cardinals, Bills, Browns, etc

834287[/snapback]

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Browns go get a couple of decent OL this year. Like I said, I'm no Head Coach, there are many things you must analyze when you look at the performance of a QB but something tells me that JP is not the answer, and I was hoping by this point, that I would have been proven wrong.

But there is still time, ... who knows?

Ohhhh, so that wasn't a Farve led drive? My bad. <_<

834299[/snapback]

I was saying, and still am saying this:

"Absolutely not, it was because Brett Favre has proven that when you force him to drive the length of the field and string together 12 - 14 plays he will often make a mistake and turn the ball over."

You still have not shown that Favre put together a 12 - 14 play drive and still score a TD.

Again I state that most JP supporters are simply saying that assessing him is very difficult due to the negative factors around him.  Anyone who actually believes he is 'good' at this point is obviously deluded.

834256[/snapback]

And what better way to assess JP's shortcomings then try Craig Nall the next few weeks to see if he also can only throw under 100 yards a game in the same laboratory?

And what better way to assess JP's shortcomings then try Craig Nall the next few weeks to see if he also can only throw under 100 yards a game in the same laboratory?

834319[/snapback]

I find it hard to believe that a half decent QB would be our 3rd string backup. Seriously, I doubt the solution lies in our reserves.

I find it hard to believe that a half decent QB would be our 3rd string backup.  Seriously, I doubt the solution lies in our reserves.

834328[/snapback]

Exactly. If he can't beat out Holcomb then he probably is not the answer.

834319[/snapback]

This isn't a democratic thing. Just because you don't see how good/bad Nall is in practice & think "golly, we can't do much worse" does not mean that the coaches don't see how he is in practice. Nall is not even 2nd string. How do you think he has looks in practice if he can't even surplant Holcomb?