Oh Yeah!

Gotta Dream

How many of these can we have in a decade? I really thought JP was going to have a decent year. Especially with another year, new QB coaches and a new offense that would play to his strengths.

But come on! 83 yds passing? Couldn't some of you on this board have stats like that? How about a few screens to our speedsters? Slants? Something! He could at least rush the ball for more yards!

How many of these can we have in a decade?  I really thought JP was going to have a decent year.  Especially with another year, new QB coaches and a new offense that would play to his strengths.

But come on!  83 yds passing?  Couldn't some of you on this board have stats like that?  How about a few screens to our speedsters?  Slants?  Something!  He could at least rush the ball for more yards!

833808[/snapback]

Are you blaming JP for the play calling now?

This offensive gameplan was too conservative. My biggest issue is that when they want to attack the middle of the field they can. Look at the beginning or in the 4th quarter. But for most of the game they don't. Really if you shut down our running game, cover Evans, and take away our sideline passes you take away 95% of our playcalling.

No your right. It's not his fault. The kids got talent. A rocket arm. The coaches can't capitalize on that? I thought they set up the play action so well this game too. If they couldhave capitized on some of this, it would have been a different outcome. Awesome game for the D and ST.

But I am sick of Moral Victories! Just want some W's.....

Teams with QBs that can't throw for 200 yards do not win games. Even the coaching staff knows that Losman isn't the guy--there's a reason why he got so few attempts, and it's because he's not an NFL-caliber QB. This season's over, so you might as well run him out there for the rest of the year, but getting a FA or a high-round QB is a big priority in the off-season.

But come on!  83 yds passing?  Couldn't some of you on this board have stats like that?  How about a few screens to our speedsters?  Slants?  Something!  He could at least rush the ball for more yards!

833808[/snapback]

So whose mistake is that...Fairchild should be crticized for this.

Don't you have to place most of the blame on te QB for passing only 83 yards.  No pocket presence at all.  Taking bad sacks etc..---does Kelly Holcomb win that game for you?

833841[/snapback]

No, but how about Nall? He's just as much "the future" of the Bills as JP is. JP can watch and learn some more. JP might have the athletics skills to play, but does he have the head for it? Man do I miss Jimbo. Even at his worst, did he ever pass for less than 100 yds??

No, but how about Nall?  He's just as much "the future" of the Bills as JP is.  JP can watch and learn some more.  JP might have the athletics skills to play, but does he have the head for it?  Many do I miss Jimbo.  Even at his worst, did he never pass for less than 100 yds??

833880[/snapback]

Thats because Kelly had a better team then JP and they would let him pass more.

Everyone is crying that JP only attempted 13 passes, yet all week they were saying the Gameplan should be to run the ball all the time against the worst run defence in the league, and not pass against the 3rd best passing defence.

They do that, almost beat the top team in the league, and people still whine and B word?

Everyone is crying that JP only attempted 13 passes, yet all week they were saying the Gameplan should be to run the ball all the time against the worst run defence in the league, and not pass against the 3rd best passing defence.

They do that, almost beat the top team in the league, and people still whine and B word?

834327[/snapback]

Yes, you are right. Jimbo had a way better team, including an almost hall of fame OL. But, whining is ok with this team. We're just looking for the "W". Almost doesn't matter anymore. Unless we are that accepting of a less than mediocre team.

Lee Evans says it best...

The usually soft-spoken Evans provided the blunt assessment a day after the Bills increasingly inept offense failed to produce a touchdown in a 17-16 loss at Indianapolis.

"It's just been bad. And until we get that fixed, it's going to continue to be bad," Evans said, specifically referring to the Bills coming away with six points -- two field goals -- on three trips inside the Colts 20.

"When you're down in the red zone like that with opportunities to go up in the game and you don't do anything? It's bad," he added. "It's just bad all the way around."

Evans singled out the offense as the unit that held the Bills back in a game where defense and special teams put Buffalo (3-6) in a position to hand the Colts (9-0) their first loss of the season.

"Yeah, I'm mad," Evans said. "People talk about, 'Oh, you all played an 8-0 team.' It means nothing. Moral victories at this point in the season mean absolutely nothing.

"Right now, either you win or you're going home, period," he added. "It's too late in the season for moral victories. I think coach (Dick) Jauron said it best. He said: 'I love where we're going, not where we're at."'

Yes, you are right.  Jimbo had a way better team, including an almost hall of fame OL.  But, whining is ok with this team.  We're just looking for the "W".  Almost doesn't matter anymore.  Unless we are that accepting of a less than mediocre team.

With the changes the Bills have made to the OL and starting WR spots, not to mention limiting JP's passes instead of replacing him, suffice it to say that the coaching staff doesn't think there's a better QB on the roster, and THEY signed Nall and didn't inherit him from the previous regime.

Don't you have to place most of the blame on te QB for passing only 83 yards.  No pocket presence at all.  Taking bad sacks etc..---does Kelly Holcomb win that game for you?

833841[/snapback]

Which of his sacks was bad yesterday? The ball was snapped, he took a couple steps, and was drilled.

No other QB is going to have success with this offense either. The line is weak and the receivers are bad.

I think a really experienced QB would do better (not great) but we still wouldn't win a lot of games. Remember that JP is learning how to play in the NFL, learning a new offense this season, and playing with a bunch of guys who wouldn't start on most teams. And he's still doing OK, which is pretty much all you can ask for.

834327[/snapback]

I agree and we better get used to this style of game planning, since the bye week it has produced 1 win and 1 near win. Considering what happened in the weeks leading up to the bye, this appears to be our best chance to win with the lack of talent at all postions on offense.........

Play mistake free, get some turnovers and try and win the game late.

Hey just think we could have attempted 25-30 passes and givin up what 8-9 sacks, we've been there and done that already........

Which of his sacks was bad yesterday?  The ball was snapped, he took a couple steps, and was drilled. 

836219[/snapback]

There were two which were like you describe and two others where he held onto the ball for a lot longer then he probably should have.

Does this whole talk of moral victories sadly remind you of A&M as well?