Lost tonight

Well, there's a reason it's so convenient.  Because, if you didn't have a doctor, if you didn't have a radio tech, if you didn't strand a bunch of different skill sets together...then you'd have a bunch of useless slugs sitting on the beach staring out at the ocean until they keeled over from helplessness.  Not exactly a story worth telling...makes for boring TV.  :rolleyes:  (Kind of like when my brother bitches about aliens conveniently looking humanoid in science fiction shows.  Of course they look human...casting has a tough time finding five-eyed, nine-legged Denebian spider lizards with acting skills.)

As for someone knowing French...it's not exactly uncommon.  Lots of people take classes in high school or college.  And they specifically brought her along on the hike because she knew French.

I thought the dog whistle idea was pretty cool, myself.  Maybe a little contrived...but less because he could make one, and more because he thought of it.  Honestly...how many people do you know that would think "It's the only dog on the island, it's a big-ass island, so I'll make something that brings him to me rather than poke around in the bush for him."  Most contrived part of that is that he didn't call one of those mutant polar bears...

60130[/snapback]

Haven't watched any of it, but sounds like they need the Professor. Guy can make a nuclear reactor out of six seashells and a coconut, but can't fix a three foot hole in a wooden boat.

FYI to Tivo Users. Tivo has problems recording the full show at times. If you record with either season pass or just by selecting it make sure you change the options to start recording 2 minutes early and 5 minutes late. This way you won't miss a second.

FYI to Tivo Users.  Tivo has problems recording the full show at times.  If you record with either season pass or just by selecting it make sure you change the options to start recording 2 minutes early and 5 minutes late.  This way you won't miss a second.

60157[/snapback]

thanks.

I missed the last minute or so... not a big deal with the show, but i like the "Scenes from next week's... "

thanks.

I missed the last minute or so... not a big deal with the show, but i like the "Scenes from next week's... "

60161[/snapback]

The scenes from next week amounted to "They run out of food, the bald, dog-whistle guy acts kind of scary, and unseen beasties rustle the bushes.'

The scenes from next week amounted to "They run out of food, the bald, dog-whistle guy acts kind of scary, and unseen beasties rustle the bushes.'

60162[/snapback]

Two major concerns:

What happens when the a**hole guy runs out of smokes?

What happens when the british guy runs out of drugs?

"On a very special lost... two of our castaways need rehab"

It's a very good show. I've seen the last 2 episodes and the last 15 minutes of the first episode.

Supposedly the people behind it have said:

1. The island is a real place (i.e. not the matrix or whatever).

2. There are no dinosaurs on the island.

3. Everyone is really alive (i.e. this isn't some version of purgatory or the afterlife).

I'm interested in seeing where they go with it given those rules. The french recording thing in the second episode was very cool.