Rutgers!!!!!!!!!!!!&#3

IBTG81

Hey all, I'm back.

All I can say is, WOW.

I've never seen an atmosphere like I did tonight. Absolutely insane. McNabb was like 40 feet from where I was at one point. He had no security, and talked to people. Seemed like a cool guy, but I didn't want to bother him.

We almost beat ourselves. KO returned for a TD, the blocked XP, that roughing the punter call...I almost had a heart attack.

Teel played a GREAT game, as his stats would have been so much better if the RU receivers could hold on to the ball.

RU rah rah RU rah rah whoo rah whoo rah Rutgers rah!

:rolleyes::doh::lol:

Gratz again Ed

As a tried and true Penn Stater who bleeds blue and white that suffered thru the whole "JoePa must go" craze of the last couple years until they finished #3 last year, I understand how great it feels when your underappreciated team has a kickass year

Doubt the BCS computer will calculate it, but IMO you should be #3 and Boise State should be #4 til proven otherwise

Hey all, I'm back.

All I can say is, WOW.

I've never seen an atmosphere like I did tonight. Absolutely insane. McNabb was like 40 feet from where I was at one point. He had no security, and talked to people. Seemed like a cool guy, but I didn't want to bother him.

We almost beat ourselves. KO returned for a TD, the blocked XP, that roughing the punter call...I almost had a heart attack.

Teel played a GREAT game, as his stats would have been so much better if the RU receivers could hold on to the ball.

RU rah rah RU rah rah whoo rah whoo rah Rutgers rah!

:rolleyes:  :doh:  :lol:

831418[/snapback]

How about that Brian Leonard kid? That's the first time I've seen him play all year. He did a fine job blocking and picked up a key first down for his team. It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted next year. He seems like a great person. He grew up about 30 miles from me that's why I have interest in him.

Best part is (if they beat WVU), how can the BCS deny an undefeated team in a BCS conference the national championship game? secondly, this isnt Utah or Boise state, or TCU or whoever else has finished undefeated in past years. this is a team with a legit chance at a national championship, is a BCS school, and has beaten 2 top 10 teams (assuming again, they beat WVU). This could be the straw (no, elephant), that FINALLY breaks the BCS back. But they better beat WVU, or its all for naught IMO.

Congrats Ed!

This Rutgers team is a Cinderella...and it's not midnight yet.

As far as a bid to Glendale is concerned...run the table, and then we'll talk.

There have been other teams which finished undefeated that didn't get a chance to play for the title (Tulane in '98, Marshall in '99 and most notably, Auburn and Penn State, each a few years back), but if the Knights beat WVU, then they may well have an argument. But savor this win...big things like this don't happen very often.

I predicted Louisville by one, but I didn't predict this.

Doubt the BCS computer will calculate it, but IMO you should be #3 and Boise State should be #4 til proven otherwise

831496[/snapback]

Perhaps this isn't the thread for it, I should just say "Congrats" to Ed. Big win by Rutgers, nicely done and congratulations.

That said, Rutgers and BSU have no business being #3 and #4 in the country. I think the marquee Big East games on ESPN the last two weeks have shown how drastically overrated the top Big East teams were. In my opinion (again, opinion being the key word here) Louisville, Rutgers, and WVU are not top-10 caliber. I'm sorry, that's the way I feel. If going undefeated is all it takes to get into the BCS title game, why would Texas EVER play Ohio State? I think, more often than not, the BCS has done an adequate (certainly not great) job of getting #1 to play #2 in the title game. There is no way Louisville was the #2 team in the nation before last night, and there is no way Rutgers is the #2 team now. The only reason the Big East is a BCS conference is because the agreeement was signed when Miami, VT, and BC were a part of it. Today's Big East would be on the level of ConfUSA/WAC. A little harsh, but true.

Great story, great rebuilding job by the RU program, but let's be real. There are several 2-loss teams (LSU, Tennessee, Georgia Tech) who in my opinion are much better than undefeated Rutgers.

Nonetheless, congratulations Ed. Exciting times. What were you thinking when the dude yanked the first FG? What were you thinking at the end when the kick returner (who already had a TD) had a head of steam at the 40-yard line? The crowd looked crazy, and I think Rutgers is a good point of reference for UB as a successful 'turn-around' story. They were down in the dumps only a few years ago, and now they are looking at a major bowl berth. Congrats.

Congratulations Rutgers and Ed! They showed a lot of heart and hunger. It was obvious who wanted this game more. They deserve to be mentioned among the top teams this year.

That being said, I'd still love to lay serious money against them playing OSU, Michigan, Florida, Texas, Notre Dame and USC at a neutral site where thousands of Jersey Rutgers fans aren't dominating the atmosphere like it's a Bon Jovi/Springsteen 3 day concert.

They are good, and most likely the best team in the Big East. But that isn't enough, IMO, to get them into the NATL title game. Of course this can/will change in the near future as they start to string together successive winning campaigns and real bowl bids. Plus, they will get their chance to prove the doubters wrong by scheduling a big-time, non-conference game (ND in 2010?)

But take nothing from them, they are an excellent football team.

Nonetheless, congratulations Ed.  Exciting times.  What were you thinking when the dude yanked the first FG?  What were you thinking at the end when the kick returner (who already had a TD) had a head of steam at the 40-yard line?  The crowd looked crazy, and I think Rutgers is a good point of reference for UB as a successful 'turn-around' story.  They were down in the dumps only a few years ago, and now they are looking at a major bowl berth.  Congrats.

831572[/snapback]

I saw the flag thrown (I was on that side almost directly across from it) and saw the guy jump offsides, so it didn't bother me.

The kickoff: I was praying they would squibb it or kick it out of bounds. Being a Bills fan, I know all about kick returns at the end of a game. let's just say my heart stopped beating for about 20 seconds. <_<

They are good, and most likely the best team in the Big East. But that isn't enough, IMO, to get them into the NATL title game. Of course this can/will change in the near future as they start to string together successive winning campaigns and real bowl bids. Plus, they will get their chance to prove the doubters wrong by scheduling a big-time, non-conference game (ND in 2010?)

Can you imagine the hillarity if Rutgers beats WVU, goes undefeated. Ohio State beats Michigan. BCS decides to put Ohio State up against USC (or really any 1 loss team) and Rutgers vs. Michigan. USC beats Ohio State, Rutgers beats Michigan Rutgers has now beaten Louisville, WVU and Michigan and is undefeated, yet USC is the national champion. Oh, a man can dream cant he?

I really hate college football. The only reason I watch anymore is to root for the BCS to be as screwed up as possible. Every year I think I get my wish, and every year it just gets better. Get a playoff system NOW.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.