14 year old + Rich Daddy + 50K Mustang = MUAHAHA

Talonz

B-):D

My first car was a 1979 RX-7... Never forget learning stick on that... They didn't dummy proof the clutch back then... I almost went through the garage door because I forgot to throw the clutch in with the car in gear before I started it... The car lurched forward and stalled, barely missing the door...

He must have fell off the clutch...??? I assume all manuals have a saftey on the clutch now, where the car won't start unless the clutch is thrown in...

Why didn't he just jam both feet on the brakes?... The vehicle would have stalled.

:P

With that in mind...

What in the hell would possess you to let your under age kid park it in the garage?...

:w00t::huh:

i've never driven a mustang gt, but i have driven other high torque cars. they do not stall if you simply let the clutch out, even going slightly uphill. It's nearly impossible to stall the car in this mannor. I could totally see the kid doing that. he started the car with it in 1st and no parking break, got excited and popped the clutch, the rest was a lesson in reaction time.

i've never driven a mustang gt, but i have driven other high torque cars.  they do not stall if you simply let the clutch out, even going slightly uphill.  It's nearly impossible to stall the car in this mannor.  I could totally see the kid doing that.  he started the car with it in 1st and no parking break, got excited and popped the clutch, the rest was a lesson in reaction time.

824428[/snapback]

Sounded like he had his foot on the gas... I am not sure about the ultra new cars and traction control... But that older Mustang would have broke traction like a mad woman...

I can see the kid doing it too. It did look like he had enough time to stop... Yet, he was only 14... B-):D

Seems like the car got outta control far away... He was probably stunned in a very, VERY fast car... :w00t::huh:

Poor kid... :P:D

I dont know much about cars but it seemed like he had enough time to hit the brakes. That being said, judging by the house and daddys car next to him, it seems like he can afford to repair it.

824598[/snapback]

Yeah because everyone likes to burn money. Anyways he did pop the clutch.

Though this Mustang is the $50K  Shelby GT500 version, so you would need a bit of money to make this an easy purchase.

824635[/snapback]

Which is the price of a high end SUV. I didn't say it was a cheap car, but to say that the guy was rich because he bought a sports car.

:w00t:  :huh:

My first car was a 1979 RX-7...

No sh--?? So was mine! In fact I'm sitting about twenty feet from it right now B-) I was able to drive it to school my senior year.....it was niiiiiiiiice :D

No sh--?? So was mine! In fact I'm sitting about twenty feet from it right now  :huh:    I was able to drive it to school my senior year.....it was niiiiiiiiice  B-)

824645[/snapback]

You still have it :w00t: . It hasn't rusted like most Japs do lol.

You still have it  :w00t: .  It hasn't rusted like most Japs do lol.

824646[/snapback]

It definitely needs some work, but my brother (it's his car now) did drop a rebuilt engine in it a while back and fixed about half of what it needed done. I see them running around Atlanta every so often, actually....it's always cool to see them. I loved that little car. I remember the first time I had it tuned up. My dad took me over to pick it up, I got in and WOW did that thing fly! That Wankel rotary engine is the sh--!

It definitely needs some work, but my brother (it's his car now) did drop a rebuilt engine in it a while back and fixed about half of what it needed done. I see them running around Atlanta every so often, actually....it's always cool to see them. I loved that little car. I remember the first time I had it tuned up. My dad took me over to pick it up, I got in and WOW did that thing fly! That Wankel rotary engine is the sh--!

824649[/snapback]

My brother had the 1988 non turbo model. That thing did more mileage in the back of a tow truck than it did on its own lol

My brother had the 1988 non turbo model.  That thing did more mileage in the back of a tow truck than it did on its own lol

824667[/snapback]

Yep, I remember those....a friend of mine from Toronto had one and it seemed that every time he came down to hang out he had to drop his rx-7 off at the dealer :w00t:

You still have it  ;) .  It hasn't rusted like most Japs do lol.

824646[/snapback]

Exactly... :D

Even the gas tanks were known to rot away...

Mine was only 8 years old when I dumped it, though it was a fun car to drive... Great with the manual/auto choke, rotary engine would go through a quart of oil every 700-1k and always give you a lift when it would backfire on a cold morning... Not to mention the oversteer made you feel like you were playing Sonic drift (before that video game was even invented :) )... :D

Mine actually, (bought used back in 1985) had 15" BBS (style gold) rims with 50 series GoodYear Gatorbacks... Very fun on the 290 going to school in the winter... I remember going around in circles... :w00t::lol:

It also looked radically different because the "point" front end was covered with a color keyed air (fiberglass) dam, giving it a "front down" or "Porsche" look that was common back in the day (mid-1980's)... Pretty different look all together with the recessed spots for aux lights... Yet, approach angle was horrible and you had to be very, VERY careful approaching anything on the road...

:D

Yep, I remember those....a friend of mine from Toronto had one and it seemed that every time he came down to hang out he had to drop his rx-7 off at the dealer  :w00t:

824670[/snapback]

Believe it or not, the things have an oil-cutoff switch that will disable the vehicle if oil should get too low... For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why it stranded me one time... ;):)

The little knobs on the inside of the engine compartment? Seemed to adjust air/mixture of the Wankel? ???

Very interesting because the oil filter was also upright on top of the engine, very easy to get to...

Whoever had it before me really tricked it out or it was either crashed into Lake Erie... Because the thig was changed from white to red... :lol::D

Had the moon too... Whould severely kick its ass end out at high rpms, upshifting...

Literally, felt like driving a go-kart...

You are lucky, I wish I still had it today to fix-up... It was totally unique (with the front end...)

:D