More Buffalo

Heard this on WGR this morning.  Simon and White were butchering the pronunciation.  Wish I would have know about the Pierogy fest in down town Buff this past summer, good stuff...

824005[/snapback]

You didn't miss much - only 4 food stands, and I counted more judges than spectators/participants. Got a bit busier at noon when City Hall went on lunch break. Mrs. T's didn't even have a stand - probably 'cause they're the worst 'ersatz' pierogi you can imagine!

The funniest thing was when the polka guy announced that the Nowinski stand was giving out free pierogi and everyone rushed over to the that line, leaving the other 3 stands - who were charging $2 - completely abandoned. Don't ever tell those City of Buffalo employees, "There's no such thing as a free lunch!"

Oh well, at least we won...

City takes pierogy title - Buffalo beats out four other finalists

Bills 37

G.B. 0

Na Zdrowie! :devil:

In response, the mayor of Pittsburgh trashed Buffalo.

Something to the effect of, "They can have that, we are still the city of trees, intelligent children, and bridges. We'd like to invite them to lunch, so they can eat and look at our Super Bowl trophies."

I'll get the direct quote later.

In response, the mayor of Pittsburgh trashed Buffalo.

Something to the effect of, "They can have that, we are still the city of trees, intelligent children, and bridges. We'd like to invite them to lunch, so they can eat and look at our Super Bowl trophies."

I'll get the direct quote later.

824285[/snapback]

silly Pennsyltuckian, turn signals are for kids