Now THIS deserves press

I remember my fiance forwarding me an email saying that Bush is trying to start a mandatory draft of all Americans between 18-26. I'm 25, so she was all nervous. The email was supposed to turn that age group against Bush

Well well well...look who's responcible:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134546,00.html

The bills have lain dormant for nearly two years, but e-mails widely circulated on college campuses, which claimed that the Bush administration was trying to secretly revive the draft, prompted House Republicans to quash the issue by calling for a vote.

"Clearly these bills are filed not by Republicans, not on behalf of the administration, but by those who are being partisan Democrats about this and trying to scare people," said Sen. John Cornyn (search), R-Texas.

I remember my fiance forwarding me an email saying that Bush is trying to start a mandatory draft of all Americans between 18-26. I'm 25, so she was all nervous. The email was supposed to turn that age group against Bush

Well well well...look who's responcible:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134546,00.html

The bills have lain dormant for nearly two years, but e-mails widely circulated on college campuses, which claimed that the Bush administration was trying to secretly revive the draft, prompted House Republicans to quash the issue by calling for a vote.

"Clearly these bills are filed not by Republicans, not on behalf of the administration, but by those who are being partisan Democrats about this and trying to scare people," said Sen. John Cornyn (search), R-Texas.

59115[/snapback]

dude this is very old news. That racist rangle started this a long time ao claiming that without the draft there would be too many blacks in the military, and if that happened, it would be mean and evil.

look simply take a look at the numbers and see for yourself how the races breakdown in our military. It is not rocket science, just basic facts.

That e-mail has been circulated in an attempt to sway young college age voters who may not take the time beween parties and getting free underware from michael "I eat" moore.

I have three children currently in three different colleges, and all three of them have recieved this e-mail. That is not a mistake....it was an organized campiagn, by a bunch of America haters who simply want to take back control of this country so they can continue to push their insane agenda down our throats.

thank you for posting this, because there are still many on this board who actually believed the story. :w00t:

Of course, the left will remain silent on this. Mickey, Tenny, KTFABD, and the other misguided souls won't utter a peep.

Not really any need for the "other side" to chime in when Rich in OH has already stated the obvious. Charles Rangle drafted that bill (no pun intended) because he believes the military is disproportionately filled with poor and minorities. He is trying for shock value to make a point. The extremes on both sides of the spectrum always try to do these things but most of the time they never get put to vote.

Not really any need for the "other side" to chime in when Rich in OH has already stated the obvious.  Charles Rangle drafted that bill (no pun intended) because he believes the military is disproportionately filled with poor and minorities.  He is trying for shock value to make a point.  The extremes on both sides of the spectrum always try to do these things but most of the time they never get put to vote.

59174[/snapback]

Yeah, how terrible that we have an all volunteer military that gives the poor and minorities another avenue for opportunity towards a successful career and life. Let's send the rich kids to Iraq and let the poor kids become crack addicts in the ghetto. Good thinking Charlie!

Of course, the left will remain silent on this. Mickey, Tenny, KTFABD, and the other misguided souls won't utter a peep.

4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

59138[/snapback]

Remember the good old days when you were on the left, Ed? Why, that was just...last year, wasn't it? :D

Not really any need for the "other side" to chime in when Rich in OH has already stated the obvious.  Charles Rangle drafted that bill (no pun intended) because he believes the military is disproportionately filled with poor and minorities.  He is trying for shock value to make a point.  The extremes on both sides of the spectrum always try to do these things but most of the time they never get put to vote.

59174[/snapback]

Rangel's right. How many rich kids are going to enlist in the Armed Forces so they can be treated like a cockroach for a couple of years, eat stevestojantty food, live in a tent, get shot at, and be paid about $1000 a month for their troubles? No basis in reality, as usual.

What a douchebag.