Michael Irvin

H2o

I'm growing increasingly tired of Michael Irvin and his mouth. He makes the most ridiculous claims out of any "football analyst" on ESPN. From his comments about Tiki Barber(completely foolish, ignorant, and dumb they were), to his in general perspective on everything, and anything else he has to offer. Am I the only one who thinks this guy shouldn't be on any show at all or does anyone else have the same resevations about the guy? I know that I could go without hearing his "insight" for the rest of my days and not feel like I was missing out on anything.

he is exactly what ESPN wants, a guy that is loud, yells and starts controversy

how is he any different from Steven A Smith

ESPN has become a joke and amazingly gets worse and worse every day

in saying that Irvin is entitled to his opinion and I actually agree that Tiki should have kept his plans private because thats all thats being talked about now, the fact that the Giants are in first place is secondary

Tiki is doing a lot of crying for a guy that is planning on getting into broadcasting and currently has his own radio show on sirius...its an opinion Tiki, get over it

I can't wait to see Tiki make a comment like Irvin made and have a player flip out on him. Who cares Tiki. If what they said about your retirement announcement being a distraction to your team isn't true, then whats the problem?

Now I don't like Irvin, but he said that he believes that it is causing a pronblem in the lockerroom, he didn't come out and say it was pure facts, he just did like all the other "analysists" do and say what they believe. The other stories this week was that the "analysists" believed that Brunell and Losman would get benched after the bye week. There was no proof to that and they just stated opinions.

Agreed.

Tiki is being a crybaby about this (my previous post was deleted because it said bit*h)

I can't wait to see Tiki make a comment like Irvin made and have a player flip out on him. Who cares Tiki. If what they said about your retirement announcement being a distraction to your team isn't true, then whats the problem?

820991[/snapback]

I'm puzzled as to why people generally seem to believe that what Irvin said was either:

a. Without any factual basis

b. Wrong

...and yet some still criticize Tiki. He had no problem with Irvin's "right" to say anything. He had a problem with the truth and accuracy of a statement made by a person who had little or no understanding of what the reality is.

It's also continually comical how most everyone here doesn't miss a single opportuinity to trash ESPN and "experts" about their unfounded (and usually wrong) opinions, but yet when someone finally calls one of them out for it, he is castigated.

Irvin said something stupid. Tiki fired back. End of story.

I hate to be the one bringing this up.But for you guys to have such opinions about these guys it means you watch.And on top of that you have posted on a message board dedicated to the Bills.So I would say that ESPN is getting everything they could have wanted from these "idiots" because they have you talking about them.

On top of that if someone has been locked in a closet and didn't know who these guys were.They will most likely tune these "idiots" in just to see what all the fuss is about.

So in some sick twisted kind of way when you B word about these "idiots" you are just helping to sell the ESPN brand.You have to go off the theory that the only bad press is no press.So as it may make you feel better to complain about these "idiots" you are doing just what ESPN wants you to.

And by the way I hate these guys too.

I hate to be the one bringing this up.But for you guys to have such opinions about these guys it means you watch.And on top of that you have posted on a message board dedicated to the Bills.So I would say that ESPN is getting everything they could have wanted from these "idiots" because they have you talking about them.

On top of that if someone has been locked in a closet and didn't know who these guys were.They will most likely tune these "idiots" in just to see what all the fuss is about.

So in some sick twisted kind of way when you B word about these "idiots" you are just helping to sell the ESPN brand.You have to go off the theory that the only bad press is no press.So as it may make you feel better to complain about these "idiots" you are doing just what ESPN wants you to.

And by the way I hate these guys too.

821577[/snapback]

Not entirely true. I stopped watching ESPN because of these guys and the whole attitude of the channel. So I B word about them because they made me stop watching what should be good TV.

The only time I watch ESPN anymore is when an actual game is on.

821577[/snapback]

Um, no. I avoid ESPN's football coverage like it's a venerial disease. That network is basically dead to me unless they're doing something baseball related.

he is exactly what ESPN wants, a guy that is loud, yells and starts controversy

how is he any different from Steven A Smith

ESPN has become a joke and amazingly gets worse and worse every day

in saying that Irvin is entitled to his opinion and I actually agree that Tiki should have kept his plans private because thats all thats being talked about now, the fact that the Giants are in first place is secondary

Tiki is doing a lot of crying for a guy that is planning on getting into broadcasting and currently has his own radio show on sirius...its an opinion Tiki, get over it

820985[/snapback]

100% right. ESPN is loving Irvin. Why do you think they actually let him respond to Tiki's comments? He starts controversy > more people watch > people post on message boards > It gets Link'ed to ESPN.com > and the chain goes on.

100% right. ESPN is loving Irvin. Why do you think they actually let him respond to Tiki's comments? He starts controversy > more people watch > people post on message boards > It gets Link'ed to ESPN.com > and the chain goes on.

821647[/snapback]

Come on you have to know Irvin is only there because he's a minority. How many other employees would still have their job after getting caught red-handed with a crack pot and weed?

Was he crying the same things last year about Jerome Bettis when he was helping to lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl? No. Will Tiki lead the Giants to the Super Bowl this year? Only time and the rest of the season will tell. Tiki has mentioned this for a couple of years now. It's the same scenario as Jerome Bettis, but Irvin is tryin to turn it into something else with his goofy statements. He's a turd.