Is this what the Bills are missing?

MrLocke

I don't think it's the coaching at all. What the Bills are missing are 4 solid offensive linemen (Peters being the only keeper) and 3 solid defensive linemen (Schobel being the only keeper).

Right now, the jury's still out on McCargo and Williams so they may or may not be part of the solution. The Bills would do well to go after Julius Peppers in the offseason. Overpay him if neccessary to get him here. If that most unlikely FA pickup falls through and this year's rookies show nothing the rest of the season the Bills may have to use the first round pick if a stud DT or DE is there when they pick.

As for the offensive line, the Bills will need to go after the top FA offensive linemen and also draft one or two within the first three rounds of the 2007 draft.

As for Nate's eventual departure, I think the Bills will have to go the route of picking up a cheap veteran CB. Then cross their fingers that Youboty, McGee and the veteran can hold down the fort at CB.

The offensive and defensive lines are what this team needs to concentrate on. It will probably take a couple of years to get there.

821387[/snapback]

Really. Like George Siefert was a sociopathic chainsaw-wielding maniac. And Barry Switzer was the ball bearing in the middle of that Cowboys machine in (what year was it?) 1994. Give me a break. It ain't the coach, home dog.

It galls me to be thinking about NEXT YEAR in the eighth week, but I'm thinking monster DT so bad it hurts. Don't care if he's stupid, don't care if he's inbred. Just point him at the guy with the football over there with the different color jerseys and hit him like you did that guy that made that nasty comment about your momma....... :pirate:

The Bills would do well to go after Julius Peppers in the offseason. Overpay him if neccessary to get him here. If that most unlikely FA pickup falls through and this

As for Nate's eventual departure, I think the Bills will have to go the route of picking up a cheap veteran CB.

821387[/snapback]

In that unlikely scenario of Carolina letting Peppers test the waters of free agency which would you rather spend the money on? Peppers or retaining Clements and picking up another average free agent player? I know which I'd pick. I guess it's OK to daydream.

Peppers would be a dream come true.  But does anyone see him wanting to leave his home state for cold weather?

We'd have to throw a sh---ton of money at that.

822035[/snapback]

I don't think there's any amount of money that would bring Peppers to Buffalo.

I don't think it's the coaching at all. What the Bills are missing are 4 solid offensive linemen (Peters being the only keeper) and 3 solid defensive linemen (Schobel being the only keeper).

Right now, the jury's still out on McCargo and Williams so they may or may not be part of the solution. The Bills would do well to go after Julius Peppers in the offseason. Overpay him if neccessary to get him here. If that most unlikely FA pickup falls through and this year's rookies show nothing the rest of the season the Bills may have to use the first round pick if a stud DT or DE is there when they pick.

As for the offensive line, the Bills will need to go after the top FA offensive linemen and also draft one or two within the first three rounds of the 2007 draft.

As for Nate's eventual departure, I think the Bills will have to go the route of picking up a cheap veteran CB. Then cross their fingers that Youboty, McGee and the veteran can hold down the fort at CB.

The offensive and defensive lines are what this team needs to concentrate on. It will probably take a couple of years to get there.

821387[/snapback]

Although, I agree with most everything you said, wouldn't we be in much better shape had we hired Marvin Lewis instead of Gregg Williams ? Or John Fox ? This in my opinion is the reason the Bills stay near the bottom... management decisions.

Didn't you read a previous poster in this thread that said Gregg Williams was exactly the type of "in-your-face" intense coach that Jauron isn't, and he bombed in Buffalo.

There are successes and failures with both calm and intense coaching styles, neither is the right way.

820953[/snapback]

I'm not advocating a coach that makes the players feel threatened, I like a coach that has a tough love approach. Jauron to me seems like the type of coach that is always trying to remain neutral and safe with his players, the fans and his job.

I like a coach to show some emotion every now and then but not one that is controlled by anger (Coughlin comes to mind)

Also, if Gregg Williams was in my face screaming right now I'd probably have a hard time not laughing. He doesn't seem to have the physical stature to be an in your face crazy coach. :angry: