Music thread

IBTG81

Due to the music thread's we've seen recently, I'm curious as to what people like.

Hopefully, we won't get into bashing, but this is TBD, so, I expect it by the third post. :doh:

As for me:

My favorite bands/singers include: The Smiths/Morrissey, Coldplay, Ben Folds, BNL, Ben Lee, Nick Drake, Snow Patrol, The Postal Service/Death Cab For Cutie, Royksopp, Editors, and Fastball.

I like Indie-Rock, and some Electronica.

I also enjoy world music, such as Irish Folk, and native country music (Australian Didgeridoo comes to mind).

I love Classical (Satie, Vivaldi come to mind), and I love meditation music.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the music thread's we've seen recently, I'm curious as to what people like.

Hopefully, we won't get into bashing, but this is TBD, so, I expect it by the third post.  :doh:

As for me:

My favorite bands/singers include: The Smiths/Morrissey, Coldplay, Ben Folds, BNL, Ben Lee, Nick Drake, Snow Patrol, The Postal Service/Death Cab For Cutie, Royksopp, Editors, and Fastball.

I like Indie-Rock, and some Electronica.

I also enjoy world music, such as Irish Folk, and native country music (Australian Didgeridoo comes to mind).

I love Classical (Satie, Vivaldi come to mind), and I love meditation music.

817263[/snapback]

Deep Purple. NOFX. Wu Tang Clan. Adriano Celentano. Black Sabbath. Led Zepplin.

Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, Brand New, Chris Tomlin, Story Of The Year, Hillsongs

817273[/snapback]

I saw MCR last year in Montana (visiting a buddy of mine). While I was at The Warped Tour there was a band called Gogol Bordello. They were amazing live, and the best one there by far.

Right on, Ed....can never have enough of these topics :doh:

My favorites - in no particular order - are....

Amos Lee, Flaming Lips, Radiohead, Van Morrison, Jeff Buckley, Elliott Smith, Eagles, Queen, Aerosmith, Martina McBride

Love a little classical once in a while, too....Mozart (Aine Kline Nacht Musik), Smetana (The Moldau), Vivaldi

Right on, Ed....can never have enough of these topics :doh:

My favorites - in no particular order - are....

Amos Lee, Flaming Lips, Radiohead, Van Morrison, Jeff Buckley, Elliott Smith, Eagles, Queen, Aerosmith, Martina McBride

Love a little classical once in a while, too....Mozart (Aine Kline Nacht Musik), Smetana (The Moldau), Vivaldi

817277[/snapback]

I have a string quartet do OK Computer (Radiohead). Awesome stuff. I also have a string quartet do a tribute to Coldplay. PM me if you're interested (free of charge, of course)

Right now:

moe

Allman Brothers

Little Feat

Al di Meola

Bob Marley

Mozart

Primus

Tomorrow:

Who knows.

817282[/snapback]

You're the fourth person now I know who likes moe. What do they sound like?

You're the fourth person now I know who likes moe. What do they sound like?

817285[/snapback]

Hard to say. They're a jam band that's a cross between the Dead, Phish, country and blue grass. Great live with 30+ minute jams. And they got their start in Buffalo so how bad can they be. Click link below and scroll down to listen to the live show.

moe Live