I Am Really Worried That Buffalo

The weather, reputation of nothing to do and the state of this team does not bode well for the "A" list free agents. This has become a trend and the only thing that will change it is overpaying which we know will not happen (nor should it)

816732[/snapback]

With a lot of these guys, it all comes down to money and then money. We have so many holes that we need to bring in a few key role player type guys that will get the job done. I don't think any single "A" lister can help us.

With a lot of these guys, it all comes down to money and then money. We have so many holes that we need to bring in a few key role player type guys that will get the job done. I don't think any single "A" lister can help us.

816741[/snapback]

Right on! It is all about the benjamins. Free Agents and players in general talk about winning, but at the end of the day..most go where the money is.

I actually see many FAs wanting to come here.

1. Jauron has a reputation as a player's coach and operates a relatively light off-season regiment.

2. Look at how the front office OVERPAID for the likes of Tripplett, Davis, Bowen, Price, as well as some of our own. Marv is likely to be viewed as a sugar daddy...

The weather, reputation of nothing to do and the state of this team does not bode well for the "A" list free agents. This has become a trend and the only thing that will change it is overpaying which we know will not happen (nor should it)

816732[/snapback]

Well we managed to bring in guys like Fletcher, Spikes, Sam Adams, Troy Vincent, and Lawyer Milloy.

That got us exactly nowhere.

If you pay them, they will come.

It could be argued that going into last season the most unattractive team for a free agent to sign with was New Orleans. Questionable stadium conditions, zero commitment from the owner on the long term future of the team in the city, and a complete losing culture....yet one of the premier free agents signed there ( Drew Brees).

The Bills are just going to have to pay fair market price for every player they want......and they will have to be the highest bidder...because in case of a tie...Buffalo will probably lose out.

Regardless, this current front office seems to believe in winning with a collection of decent to pretty goods as opposed to making an effort to get a few playmakers.

One thing that will help Buffalo attract potential free agents is a strong finish. Final record aside.....if Buffalo finishes this season looking like a team on the come.....then that will help their image in free agency. Look at 2002. They finished 8-8...but they were a feasting ground for free agents.

Clements is not a shutdown corner ( I am of the belief that there are really only a couple of shutdown cornerbacks left in football), but you will have to pay shutdown price for him as he is seemingly overrated. He is a good cornerback, and good cornerbacks are hard to find.....so it just comes down to how much the Bills are willing to pay for a good cornerback who thinks he is great.

Buffalo will have to pay and not be shut out. What happens when a FA sees Buffalo sign another top FA it says Buffalo is committed to getting a winner. When they see us sign second tier FA's , it speaks volumes. You can say all you want about Donahoe but he was able to lure top talent to Buffalo. His problem was they were close to the downside and when they didn't win imediately, we became old quickly. That combined with not addressing the lines with top FA's, instead going for LBs, or skill posions in the draft.

Our desire for instant gratification hurts us too. We are so sick of losing we cannot accept the growing pains of youth through the draft. It can't be fixed in one year. I think Marv learned a lesson this year. He did fair in the draft but learned that we need some studs to make things work. Everything will get better when we address 2 OLmen , a run stuffer, and a LBr through FA and fill in through the draft. Immediate impact will be made through FA because we need proven players and cannot wait for draftee development or a miss. Marv has got to do better this year with plenty of money, and old Ralph better be willing to spend it, no holding back like this year of trying to do it on the cheap.

Buffalo I believe is becoming the new Bengals in terms of recruiting free agents. The team has the longest playoff drought of all NFL teams and is in obviously rebuilding mode yet again. I believe the bills will most likely lose Clements and either London Fletcher or Takeo Spikes or possibly both will be gone next year as Fletcher's skills are starting to decline and Takeo will never be same after his injury. Moreover, Losman hasn't shown enough to cement him as the starter next year so the QB position will be up in the air again next year. The Bills most likely will have to offer significantly more money than other teams to get top tier free agents and the organization is not willing to do that. So don't expect to see any blockbuster free agent signings next year.

Buffalo I believe is becoming the new Bengals in terms of recruiting free agents.  The team has the longest playoff drought of all NFL teams and is in obviously rebuilding mode yet again.  I believe the bills will most likely lose Clements and either London Fletcher or Takeo Spikes or possibly both will be gone next year as Fletcher's skills are starting to decline and Takeo will never be same after his injury.  Moreover, Losman hasn't shown enough to cement him as the starter next year so the QB position will be up in the air again next year.  The Bills most likely will have to offer significantly more money than other teams to get top tier free agents and the organization is not willing to do that.  So don't expect to see any blockbuster free agent signings next year.

817284[/snapback]

We better trade Spikes if anything ... dont just cut him.