Romo is in..See ya Bloody Toe

erynthered

Still not getting the point ... are you?

How about Manning? He is a statue .... I believe they carve him before every game.

815065[/snapback]

NO!!!!! Manning has great pocket awareness. A statue has no mobility nor pocket awareness.

Check out the colts sacks stats prior to Manning & post Manning. There was a massive difference to their sacks allowed.....just as their was in NE post Bledsoe.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!!!!!  Manning has great pocket awareness.  A statue has no mobility nor pocket awareness.

Check out the colts sacks stats prior to Manning & post Manning.  There was a massive difference to their sacks allowed.....just as their was in NE post Bledsoe.

815076[/snapback]

Are you kidding. I was playing along this entire time for fun, but this is where you lose me. Manning has one of the best lines in the NFL. Period. Pocket awareness my butt. He seems to lose his "pocket awareness" everytime he is in the playoffs.

Maybe you should turn ESPN on now. Their talking about how bad Dallas's line sucks. Letting Arrington into the backfield, allowing Bledsoe ZERO time to throw. Another play where they let 3-4 defenders in which resulted in a failed flee flicker. Another sack where Bledsoe had about 2 seconds to throw.

ESPN > teach Bart

No my point was that you can have a good running line and a bad pass-blocking line. Thus look at the Bills. Not matter how McGahee got the yards, he is STILL in the top 5 in the league ... yet JP routinely has little time to throw. Thus my point. You can have a good running line (or just a darn good running back), and a bad-blocking line.

BTW: The more mobile Tony Romo has been intercepted once because of immediate pressure, and sacked twice in 2 quarters of play ...

Question: Did you watch that safety play?

815075[/snapback]

Obviously you can have good run blockers and bad pass blockers, but it does not change the fact that Bledsoe gets sacked more than other QBs with the same line.

I did not watch the safety play. I have seen enough of Drew over the years to understand that he is clueless in the pocket. He can be very good if he has a very good o-line, but regardless, the fact is that he makes the line worse and is much worse at avoiding sacks than the average QB.

Are you kidding. I was playing along this entire time for fun, but this is where you lose me. Manning has one of the best lines in the NFL. Period. Pocket awareness my butt. He seems to lose his "pocket awareness" everytime he is in the playoffs.

815078[/snapback]

The Steelers game last year wasn't exactly the same old script even though it was the same result. The NE debacles were more about choking/accuracy and less about pressure.

815078[/snapback]

Harbaugh 1997 41 sacks

Manning(ROOKIE) 1998 22 sacks

ONLY 22 sacks as a rookie!!!!

If I had called you out on just arguing to be a prat, would you have admitted it or would you have kept it up like the thread last week?

Obviously you can have good run blockers and bad pass blockers, but it does not change the fact that Bledsoe gets sacked more than other QBs with the same line.

I did not watch the safety play.  I have seen enough of Drew over the years to understand that he is clueless in the pocket.  He can be very good if he has a very good o-line, but regardless, the fact is that he makes the line worse and is much worse at avoiding sacks than the average QB.

815081[/snapback]

Not gonna debate that ...

Harbaugh 1997 41 sacks

If I had called you out on just arguing to be a prat, would you have admitted it or would you have kept it up like the thread last week?

815084[/snapback]

Thread last week?

I would have to see who the Colts signed as far as offensive lineman in the 1997 off-season ... Manning also had nearly 30 Interceptions that year. Sounds to me like he threw the ball away when their was pressure and it was intercepted..

Manning has one of the best lines in the NFL. Period. Pocket awareness my butt. He seems to lose his "pocket awareness" everytime he is in the playoffs.

815078[/snapback]

;) What's that got to do with his pocket awareness?

So his "one of the best" OL crumbles in the playoffs? <_<

It's all subjective to why he crumbles in the playoffs.....IMO his brain freezes just enough that his normally brilliant playcalling is hindered....thus reducing the entire offences effectiveness.

Not matter how McGahee got the yards, he is STILL in the top 5 in the league

815075[/snapback]

Please stop saying this! He has played 1 extra game than the top 5 rushers in the AFC and the NFL. His yards per game (which is the only meaningful stat here) is the worst of the top 5 in the NFL by over 15 yards per game!

You are basing your argument on an artificial statistic.

:( What's that got to do with his pocket awareness?

So his "one of the best" OL crumbles in the playoffs? <_<

It's all subjective to why he crumbles in the playoffs.....IMO his brain freezes just enough that his normally brilliant playcalling is hindered....thus reducing the entire offences effectiveness.

815087[/snapback]

No my point is that his 0-line constantly blocks for him in the regular season but gets overwhelmed in the playoffs when they are constantly blitzed. Its not that his pocket awareness was any better or worse. His statue-ness is just truly being shown.

Please stop saying this! He has played 1 extra game than the top 5 rushers in the AFC and the NFL. His yards per game (which is the only meaningful stat here) is the worst of the top 5 in the NFL by over 15 yards per game!

You are basing your argument on an artificial statistic.

815090[/snapback]

Those 15 yards are exactly why our line sucks right? ;)

Harbaugh 1997 41 sacks

815084[/snapback]

Bledsoe as a rookie was sacked 16 times. I posted about Bledsoes regression on a previous page, but thru his first few seasons bledsoe was rarely sacked

Thread last week?

815086[/snapback]

Sorry....a few days ago....my mistake.

You know the one I ended saying.....

"I just don't understand why you would throw out an idea that you have said multiple times is a waste of time(with your initial post being neutral to the idea) & then argue against the obvious with it....& take offence when people point out what it is you are doing."

If you simply must argue for the sake of arguing you could at least acknowledge the oppositions points as being valid when you know it to be true.

I personally like the arguments on this board so as to hear others opinions & if the arguments are good....I'll change or adapt mine based on the new thoughts. You seem just to argue to maintain an argument regardless of the points being made.

link

Those 15 yards are exactly why our line sucks right?  ;)

815093[/snapback]

15 yards per game? Yeah, I'd say that 105 yards makes a difference.

But not as much as the 1 lousy touchdown McGahee has managed and the pitiful 3 rushing TDs that the entire team has to this point.

But other than that...yeah, we've got a tremendous rushing O-line. <_<

Bledsoe as a rookie was sacked 16 times. I posted about Bledsoes regression on a previous page, but thru his first few seasons bledsoe was rarely sacked

815094[/snapback]

I didn't say Bledsoe as a rookie.....when I refered to Bledsoe & sacks I was refering to when Brady replaced Bledsoe....which now I look it up was not that much different anyway <_<

Sorry....a few days ago....my mistake.

You know the one I ended saying.....

"I just don't understand why you would throw out an idea that you have said multiple times is a waste of time(with your initial post being neutral to the idea) & then argue against the obvious with it....& take offence when people point out what it is you are doing."

If you simply must argue for the sake of arguing you could at least acknowledge the oppositions points as being valid when you know it to be true. 

I personally like the arguments on this board so as to hear others opinions & if the arguments are good....I'll change or adapt mine based on the new thoughts.  You seem just to argue to maintain an argument regardless of the points being made.

link

815100[/snapback]

Uhm . Look below .

What type of message does that send to the judge and/or jury? It shows that you give credence to the validity of the oppositions case. When you do that, it makes you less believable. Period.

15 yards per game? Yeah, I'd say that 105 yards makes a difference.

But not as much as the 1 lousy touchdown McGahee has managed and the pitiful 3 rushing TDs that the entire team has to this point.

815104[/snapback]

105 yards spread over 7 games is not to great ... sorry but 15 yards a game does not seperate a winner and a loser. In the Bills situation atleast.

If you look at other running backs TD's they usually come from 1-5 yard plunges from within the redzone. Heck, S. Alexander had (well it seemed like) 20, 1 yard Td's last season. Jacobs has 7, 1 yard TD's (according to todays broadcast. Tiki Barber has 0 Td's. So whats your point again? Tiki Barber sucks>?