Salary Cap Picture for 2007

Billsdaily.com has an extremely outdated view of the salary cap for next year.

I know we still have a long season left but after the last 3 horribly played games by the Bills and their 2-5 record, one can't help but wonder what the future looks like for next year.

It says something like Mike Williams and Eric Moulds account for 5.9 and 5.3 Million Dollars in Dead Cap Money.

It also has

Bennie Anderson - 1 Mil

Lawyer Milloy - 1.25 Mil

Sam Adams - 375,000

Mark Campbell - 237,500

all players with dead cap money.

That all translates into 14 MILLION DOLLARS OF EXTRA CAP SPACE NEXT YEAR from these players alone.

Also, I have no idea on what cap relief (if any) we will get on the Troy Vincent and

Jeff Posey release from this year.

I'm still not sure what the thinking is on Nate Clements although I can't see them paying him what he "thinks" he is worth.

London Fletcher and Chris Kelsey? Who knows if they'll be back or not?

Please release Matt Bowen and Tim Anderson. One is hurt all the time throughout his career and the other is a "college only" great player.

I have to believe that once and for all, management will see that the game is won in the trenches and finally pay strict attention to upgrading our lines on both sides of the ball through free agency and the draft. The only problem is that we won't be the only team bidding for the marquee players on the market and I'm not even sure what players that will be that are out there for the taking.

Can anyone please give some accurate information of what our salary cap looks like for next year and what upcoming free agents will be available in 2007.

Thanks

One of the other posts on here or the Bills website board was $30 million...dunno about the accuracy or where they got it from, but we are like $7 million under now... with clements $7mil and the $14mil you give above...$30 million sounds about right...

WOW! Sounds great to me. I gotta believe Ralph WILL open his purse strings and dough out some money for top notch lineman because he wants to see a winner before he leaves the "playing field". Hell, he's not gonna take any money with him! He also mentioned it was a mistake to let people like Pat Williams go and that he feels bad for the people of Buffalo who come out to witness these sub par performing games and that the fans deserve better. Ralph will do something about it this mess, I'm almost sure of it. I just wish they would have hired Mike Sherman last year instead of Juaron. I like Jauron but I just think Sherman is a winner who gets things done.

One of the other posts on here or the Bills website board was $30 million...dunno about the accuracy or where they got it from, but we are like $7 million under now... with clements $7mil and the $14mil you give above...$30 million sounds about right...

814089[/snapback]

Ralph will spend, of that I'm positive. From his recent quotes, he wants to win a SB more than anything in life...

"What really upsets me the most: Before Marv and Dick came in, we regressed so badly," Wilson said. "We let players go. We let Pat Williams go. We let Ruben Brown go. There seemed to be too many personalities involved. People say, 'Hey, forget it, Ralph. Look forward. Be optimistic.' But I can't help but look back and say that at my age, I threw five years away."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p.../610230332/tbd/

Ralph will spend, of that I'm positive.  From his recent quotes, he wants to win a SB more than anything in life...

"What really upsets me the most: Before Marv and Dick came in, we regressed so badly," Wilson said. "We let players go. We let Pat Williams go. We let Ruben Brown go. There seemed to be too many personalities involved. People say, 'Hey, forget it, Ralph. Look forward. Be optimistic.' But I can't help but look back and say that at my age, I threw five years away."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p.../610230332/tbd/

814157[/snapback]

This team needs Pat Williams. The D would be very solid if we had Pat on the dline. Losing Pat was a kick in the balls!