The Bills deserve this. The fans don't.

LevysEraII

The Bills as an organization deserves eveything that is happening to them right now. Bill Polian built our Super Bowl team and was fired. Look at the way they handled the release of Bruce Smith, Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas. Look at how Flutie was benched when they sat him to give him a so called break after he took us all the way to the playoffs. Wade Phillips was fired for no good reason. You wanna talk about karma? There's your karma right there.

The Flutie thing I cant argue too much. That was weird. But a lot of what led to that decision was Wade Phillips' doing. So how can you say "what they did to Flutie was wrong", but then say that the guy who did it too him "shouldnt have been fired"?

That doesnt make sense.

Thurman, Reed, et al. Those guys were done as Bills. What did the organization "do" to them that was wrong?

Wasn't Wade canned because he didn't want to fire his friend who was a O-line Coach? Carl Mauck? our oline has been terrible for years.....even before TD it was not that good..

813898[/snapback]

No it was his special teams coach to be exact.

The Flutie thing I cant argue too much. That was weird. But a lot of what led to that decision was Wade Phillips' doing. So how can you say "what they did to Flutie was wrong", but then say that the guy who did it too him "shouldnt have been fired"?

That doesnt make sense.

Thurman, Reed, et al.  Those guys were done as Bills. What did the organization "do" to them that was wrong?

813893[/snapback]

What they did that was so wrong was not letting the players know they will be released. thurman Thomas found out by watching ESPN. Is that the correct way to handle the release of 3 of the greatest Bills' ever? I think not.

That doesnt make sense.

Thurman, Reed, et al.  Those guys were done as Bills. What did the organization "do" to them that was wrong?

813893[/snapback]

If you remember correctly, there were whispers that the decision to start RJ in the playoffs was RW's not Wade's. I'm not too sure if there's any truth to that rumor though.

The Fans don't deserve it?

The same fans that turn on the team every chance they get? The fans that will turn on the owner who is one of the only things keeping the team in Buffalo?

Every loss we get posts about how this person is horrible or this player whould be released. Management is too old, the owner is senile and too cheap.

If a fan is negative towards the team they are Realists, and if they see any positives they are "drinking the team Kool-aid"

Give me a break, the fans deserve it just as much. They have the cheapest tickets in the NFL for a game and then whine because they didn't spend a ton of money on a head coach, or didn't throw millions at player X. They have no patience to see a GM or coaches plan unfold. JP was considered a bust since he was drafted. Fans have been calling for his head since his first year playing. No one expected the team to do well this year and yet now everyone is shocked they lost to a good team.

The same fans that turn on the team every chance they get? The fans that will turn on the owner who is one of the only things keeping the team in Buffalo?

Every loss we get posts about how this person is horrible or this player whould be released. Management is too old, the owner is senile and too cheap.

If a fan is negative towards the team they are Realists, and if they see any positives they are "drinking the team Kool-aid"

Give me a break, the fans deserve it just as much. They have the cheapest tickets in the NFL for a game and then whine because they didn't spend a ton of money on a head coach, or didn't throw millions at player X. They have no patience to see a GM or coaches plan unfold. JP was considered a bust since he was drafted. Fans have been calling for his head since his first year playing. No one expected the team to do well this year and yet now everyone is shocked they lost to a good team.

813920[/snapback]

Hey, Kool-Aid!!!!!

The fans dont deserve this?

There are 1st page threads calling for the firing of jauron, fairchild, and fewell. There have posts burning players at the stake for not playing like HOFers.

And finally, go back and read the draft day threads and come back and try and tell me the fans dont deserve this.

The fans dont deserve this?

There are 1st page threads calling for the firing of jauron, fairchild, and fewell. There have posts burning players at the stake for not playing like HOFers.

And finally, go back and read the draft day threads and come back and try and tell me the fans dont deserve this.

814077[/snapback]

I thought the "fans don't deserve this" statement was a flame retardant. I guess I was wrong.

I thought the "fans don't deserve this" statement was a flame retardant. I guess I was wrong.

814092[/snapback]

Ok, i'll correct myself. The typical fan that sits at home on sunday and watches the Bills, and goes to a game or 2 a season doesnt deserve this.

90% of the posters on this board who act like morons and retards after every single game, and go off on rants about how so and so sucks and should be cut/fired DO deserve this. All the doom and gloomers are getting their wish, and soon we'll be seeing the "i told you so" posts.

Ok, i'll correct myself. The typical fan that sits at home on sunday and watches the Bills, and goes to a game or 2 a season doesnt deserve this.

90% of the posters on this board who act like morons and retards after every single game, and go off on rants about how so and so sucks and should be cut/fired DO deserve this. All the doom and gloomers are getting their wish, and soon we'll be seeing the "i told you so" posts.

814100[/snapback]

What he said.

What gets me is fans who live close enough to go to games and have the money, whine about how the owner isn't spending enough on coaches. What also gets me is seeing the stands filled with opposing teams' fans against the more popular opponents, because tix are cheap and they can make some money off of them. And another thing is that in the history of the Bills, there have only been 3 seasons in which tix were fully purchased by fans. This despite the Bills decreasing the stadium size by about 5,000 seats after the 1998 renovation.

The sad reality is that with the new CBA giving more money to the players, once Ralph passes, few owners will spend upwards of $800M and keep the team in a market that can't support a new stadium, which is where the additional money is being made. Ralph bought the team for $25K so anything he makes is gravy. He's not making as much as Kraft was when HE threatened to move, or Modell when he DID move, Davis, Frontiere, etc. I've even given up hope for Golisano because that's a lot of coin without much return, which trumps sentimentality.