The official let's fire Steve Fairchild thread.

weak points of this team and mularkism's

What was that snap to Reed all about ? Wasted play in the red zone.

Also with a bad OL he calls deep drops ? What ?

He should be calling more roolouts, short quick slants, lots of run plays with WM. Until we get a decent OC we will continue to struggle.

Fire Fairchild now Marv !

He should be calling more roolouts, short quick slants, lots of run plays with WM. Until we get a decent OC we will continue to struggle.

813504[/snapback]

I really, really, really would like to know what the snap to Reed was supposed to accomplish, even in theory. I think that the only thing to change this year is that we have a new set of dumb bunnies in charge.

My point is when will he establish any sense of consistensy on offense and develop an identity? It's like watching a rookie Madden player who just runs a play from every formation in the book and while they may get a few good plays here or there, they become predictable after while. If they stick to a base group and develop a chemistry and an identity they would be more consistent and better off.

and the lackidasical attitude of the offence down by 15 in the last quarter...why no hurry up...and why go back to evans(?) right after he dropped a catchable TD in the endzone...f-him, he should not have been involved in the next play

813504[/snapback]

I really wouldn't mind if the entire coaching staff and front office got fired and we just started over from scratch as if it were the offseason again. Marv had no experience as GM and didn't focus enough on improving the lines in the offseason. We just assume that he'll take care of it next offseason, but maybe not. Maybe he's just incompetent. Why wait? Shouldn't you build football teams inside out? Then, he goes and hires a retread loser like Jauron, who in turns hires two coordinators without any experience. Fairchild comes from a deep passing game background, which completely clashes with the lack of talent we have on the o-line. Meanwhile, Fewell implements the stupid a$$ Tampa 2 which is going to take years to properly stock with top rate defensive talent before it becomes effective, and that's assuming no busts along the way, which is unlikely since Marv went and did something stupid like draft a first round DT, which has a high bust rate. Odds are McCargo is a bust or will take years to develop and they already know it, and now they'll go and waste another high pick on DT when what they should do with that position is try to trade for or sign other team's DTs that have already gone through the typical 3-year gestation period in the NFL before they become effective and prove they can play.

I really, really, really would like to know what the snap to Reed was supposed to accomplish, even in theory.  I think that the only thing to change this year is that we have a new set of dumb bunnies in charge.

813522[/snapback]

The snap to Reed was a running play that got the Bills a yard or two. If it was McGahee running the ball in the red zone and getting that same yard or two, nobody would complain.

If the worst thing that can be said about Fairchild is that one of his calls resulted in a two yard running play in the red zone, that's not too bad. It's not like he turned the ball over by having Travis Henry drop back for a pass.

I don't see a huge need to blame Fairchild for a running play in the red zone, even if Josh Reed was the one running it. I tend to focus more on that short shovel pass that turned into a long gain. This isn't the first time we've seen plays that were like this. Without an offensive line, you have to look for ways to help the WR do things after the catch, and I see Fairchild doing exactly that.

The snap to Reed was a running play that got the Bills a yard or two. If it was McGahee running the ball in the red zone and getting that same yard or two, nobody would complain.

If the worst thing that can be said about Fairchild is that one of his calls resulted in a two yard running play in the red zone, that's not too bad. It's not like he turned the ball over by having Travis Henry drop back for a pass.

I don't see a huge need to blame Fairchild for a running play in the red zone, even if Josh Reed was the one running it. I tend to focus more on that short shovel pass that turned into a long gain. This isn't the first time we've seen plays that were like this. Without an offensive line, you have to look for ways to help the WR do things after the catch, and I see Fairchild doing exactly that.

813702[/snapback]

Thanks. I'll remember that play when we need to get a yard or two in the red zone. I'm sort of more interested in the kind that we get 18 or so.

I vote we just decide not to hire coaches and players anymore.  It'll save us the disappointment.

813731[/snapback]

:P:blink::blink:

Love it.

When we, the fans, realize that Ralph is 100% correct in his observation that we have no talent, we'll be all better off.

When you wiff at the top of the draft (Williams, Bledsoe, Parrish, Reed, etc) it takes YEARS to reverse the damage.

I really wouldn't mind if the entire coaching staff and front office got fired and we just started over from scratch as if it were the offseason again.  Marv had no experience as GM and didn't focus enough on improving the lines in the offseason.  We just assume that he'll take care of it next offseason, but maybe not.  Maybe he's just incompetent.  Why wait?  Shouldn't you build football teams inside out?  Then, he goes and hires a retread loser like Jauron, who in turns hires two coordinators without any experience.  Fairchild comes from a deep passing game background, which completely clashes with the lack of talent we have on the o-line.  Meanwhile, Fewell implements the stupid a$$ Tampa 2 which is going to take years to properly stock with top rate defensive talent before it becomes effective, and that's assuming no busts along the way, which is unlikely since Marv went and did something stupid like draft a first round DT, which has a high bust rate.  Odds are McCargo is a bust or will take years to develop and they already know it, and now they'll go and waste another high pick on DT when what they should do with that position is try to trade for or sign other team's DTs that have already gone through the typical 3-year gestation period in the NFL before they become effective and prove they can play.

813585[/snapback]

Why weren;t they fired after that loss in NE to start the season.

Every time we lose a game in a rebuilding year we should just clean house cause obviously the GM and coaches have no idea what they are doing.

Half way through a season and the jobs of the new coaches and GM is being called for. This has to be a new record. By the way, your hot pocket is done

813702[/snapback]

wow, i actually agree with you on something.

Whayt boggles my mind as well is why we arent putting our WR's in a position to run after the catch. We have a bunch of speedsters, so were are the quick slants, the posts, short flips (like the one to willis yesterday)? If you've got the wR speed, get them the ball in space. The TD pass to roscoe against the jets was probably the only slant i have seen thrown all season.

wow, i actually agree with you on something.

Whayt boggles my mind as well is why we arent putting our WR's in a position to run after the catch. We have a bunch of speedsters, so were are the quick slants, the posts, short flips (like the one to willis yesterday)? If you've got the wR speed, get them the ball in space. The TD pass to roscoe against the jets was probably the only slant i have seen thrown all season.

813951[/snapback]

We've thrown more WR screens than is typical of most teams this year, and the Roscoe TD vs. the Jets wasn't a slant.

We've thrown more WR screens than is typical of most teams this year, and the Roscoe TD vs. the Jets wasn't a slant.

814014[/snapback]

yes it was. Losman checked off at the line, they saw the blitz, and he hit roscoe on a quick slant which roscoe took to the house.

Why weren;t they fired after that loss in NE to start the season.

Every time we lose a game in a rebuilding year we should just clean house cause obviously the GM and coaches have no idea what they are doing.

Half way through a season and the jobs of the new coaches and GM is being called for. This has to be a new record.

813950[/snapback]

Nope - not calling for their jobs since they deserve a chance to fail over two or three seasons. Just re-pointing out that we didn't exactly hire one person that inspires confidence. I wouldn't mind if they rewound the tape and chose over.

Why was fairchild so successful in st. louis? BECAUSE HE HAD PLAYERS. Why does fairchild suck in buffalo? BECAUSE HE DOESN"T HAVE PLAYERS. Firing fairchild is not the answer. You can't make gold out of poo.

814026[/snapback]

You have to run plays that the players can execute is my point. He insists on running plays that we dont have the players for. He needs to adjust the plays to what these can execute successfully.

You have to run plays that the players can execute is my point. He insists on running plays that we dont have the players for. He needs to adjust the plays to what these can execute successfully.

814146[/snapback]

I hear what you're saying, playing to the players' strengths. What io'm saying is the strengths parts: there aren't many.