JP Losman

Mikie2times

So many on here just want to cut, or demote Losman. IMO last weeks game against the Lions was a microcosm of the entire situation. I was at the game; he had very few open options in the passing game. You couldn't see that on TV. He made some plays, a highlight one to Parrish. He made some mistakes by throwing a bad INT. I judged his performance as decent considering all the variables. Just not yet good enough to sell me. 

What keeps me patient with JP is what you would have to admit if you want him benched or cut.  You would be saying we can find a QB that can win with an average to below average supporting cast, now, or by 2007. Who's that guy? Nail, a FA, a draft pick? Consider how unlikely it is we can find a QB that can win in this situation from those choices by 2007. Marv doesn't overreact to fan pressure, and considers the long term effects of a move. You can choose to not support JP, but unless a QB falls in our lap he will be a starter in 2007. Given that I'll choose to support him as the starting QB of my team.

813024[/snapback]

I agree 100%

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd consider Schaub for a first rounder.  I agree with you on Mr. Quinn.  Stanton is good, and Troy Smith has been impressing me more over the past few weeks.

813606[/snapback]

Over the off-season I said I would look at Schaub for a 1st, 100% for a 2nd. I was practically laughed off the board.

Crazy game in Lincoln yesterday huh?

I'd consider Schaub for a first rounder.  I agree with you on Mr. Quinn.  Stanton is good, and Troy Smith has been impressing me more over the past few weeks.

813606[/snapback]

I wouldn't consider Schaub for any first rounder, much less OUR first rounder, which is going to be top 15 for sure. Any time I spend a first rounder on a QB, I would want the entire package: brains, arm, mobility. Schaub is immobile, which probably would kill him behind Buffalo's line.

You've got it, basically.  We've got to see if the kid can learn.  I do think the team has to look at a guy like Schaub, if JP can't do better than this in the second half.

813626[/snapback]

Schaub's fine. It would be a bold move, that’s why I don't expect it, but he would be a legitimate prospect. I would deal next years first round pick for him, thinking his presence and the additional help would only make it a mid level pick instead of top 10 this year.

Schaub's fine. It would be a bold move, that’s why I don't expect it, but he would be a legitimate prospect. I would deal next years first round pick for him, thinking his presence and the additional help would only make it a mid level pick instead of top 10 this year.

813635[/snapback]

We can't afford to lose another 1st on a QB. This line just needs too much help. Both of them do, really, though you have to hope McCargo comes back inspired next year.

I don't think there is anyone else at this point. However I think Losman has proven he doesn't have what it takes, at least for now. He clearly is not ready to be a starting QB in the NFL. He might be someday though. I would try to find a decent proven QB in free agency this offseason and make him the starter next year. Losman or Nall can sit on the bench and watch for 2 or 3 years and then see what we have. It may take that long to get the defense ready to compete in the NFL.

We can't afford to lose another 1st on a QB.  This line just needs too much help.  Both of them do, really, though you have to hope McCargo comes back inspired next year.

813637[/snapback]

Oh I agree, especially DL. I just think we can do a lot in FA this off-season, and we will have a high draft choice. Over next year, and the following off-season both lines could be heavily retooled. I'm completely against drafting a QB, but if we can trade for a guy that has a good chance to beat out JP, along with Nail, I’m confident we will eventually solve our QB dilemma. That’s a big piece of the championship puzzle. Plus the improved QB play would alleviate some pressure in the passing game. Prove you can beat the blitz, and you won't see the blitz as often.

We can't afford to lose another 1st on a QB.  This line just needs too much help.  Both of them do, really, though you have to hope McCargo comes back inspired next year.

813637[/snapback]

I don't think you're going to see ANOTHER 1st Rd DT taken this year unless there's a real stud.

With John McCargo and Kyle Williams still trying to get their feet wet in the NFL, it wouldn't make sense to bring in another DT who will be wet behind the ears. I think you'll see us sign or trade for another veteran to put beside Tripplett.

I think our 1st Rounder next year has to be on the offensive side of the ball with the lack of attention it recieved in last year's draft.

I don't think you're going to see ANOTHER 1st Rd DT taken this year unless there's a real stud.

With John McCargo and Kyle Williams still trying to get their feet wet in the NFL, it wouldn't make sense to bring in another DT who will be wet behind the ears. I think you'll see us sign or trade for another veteran to put beside Tripplett.

I think our 1st Rounder next year has to be on the offensive side of the ball with the lack of attention it recieved in last year's draft.

813681[/snapback]

I haven't paid attention to college AT ALL this year so I am just speaking in the abstract. If there was a Bruce Smith game-changing type DE out there I'd take him in a heartbeat if he fell to where the Bills were drafting. I think Williams and McCargo will be OK/ need to be given time. Tripplett's pretty blah.

I haven't paid attention to college AT ALL this year so I am just speaking in the abstract.  If there was a Bruce Smith game-changing type DE out there I'd take him in a heartbeat if he fell to where the Bills were drafting.  I think Williams and McCargo will be OK/ need to be given time.  Tripplett's pretty blah.

813685[/snapback]

If there was a Julius Peppers/Mario Williams guy coming out this year, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Especially since Chris Kelsay is a FA after this season. But I think the trade for Anthony Hargrove may nix that idea.

813637[/snapback]

He was talking about trading the Bills' first round pick of 2008 for Shaub, which would still leave the entire draft of 2007 to be used on the OL or elsewhere.

I agree the line is a mess, and that it needs to be a huge priority in the off-season. At the same time, quarterbacks take a while to develop. If Losman isn't the answer, I'd like to get an early start on developing the guy who will be.

Over the off-season I said I would look at Schaub for a 1st, 100% for a 2nd. I was practically laughed off the board.

Crazy game in Lincoln yesterday huh?

813619[/snapback]

I hate our offensive coordinator. Throw the screen pass and designed QB draw in the Red Zone more why don't you? :P

He was talking about trading the Bills' first round pick of 2008 for Shaub, which would still leave the entire draft of 2007 to be used on the OL or elsewhere.

I agree the line is a mess, and that it needs to be a huge priority in the off-season. At the same time, quarterbacks take a while to develop. If Losman isn't the answer, I'd like to get an early start on developing the guy who will be.

813693[/snapback]

Oh god, I agree with HA, lol. :blink:

I wouldn't consider Schaub for any first rounder, much less OUR first rounder, which is going to be top 15 for sure.  Any time I spend a first rounder on a QB, I would want the entire package: brains, arm, mobility.  Schaub is immobile, which probably would kill him behind Buffalo's line.

813631[/snapback]

The most important skill a QB needs is a brain that allows him to quickly process info and make decisions.

Without it, all of the other "tools" become wasted.

Whoever the Bills bring in to play QB needs a working brain.

813606[/snapback]

If we spend our first round pick on Schaub, Quinn, or Smith, then we're basically just admitted we're the dumbest GD team in football.

Once again, for everyone not paying attention, the Bills have:

no offensive line

no fullback

no tight end

one wide receiver

Go ahead, bring any new young quarterback onto this team and watch him get murdered.

If we spend our first round pick on Schaub, Quinn, or Smith, then we're basically just admitted we're the dumbest GD team in football.

Once again, for everyone not paying attention, the Bills have:

no offensive line

no fullback

no tight end

one wide receiver

Go ahead, bring any new young quarterback onto this team and watch him get murdered.

813907[/snapback]

Frame this post and hang it on the wall...

The most important skill a QB needs is a brain that allows him to quickly process info and make decisions.

Without it, all of the other "tools" become wasted.

Whoever the Bills bring in to play QB needs a working brain.

813848[/snapback]

You've hit the nail squarely on the head, and have driven it cleanly into the wall.