Losman's lack of play clock awareness

LabattBlue

This is becoming a very disturbing trend(several times this year already) where JP is unaware of the play clock winding down or one of his teammates bails him out and calls timeout. I would like to believe that a QB in his 3rd year would not struggle with such a basic function.

I'm not jumping off the JP bandwagon, but I am started to worry that he is the answer. If JP continues to have more steps backwards than forwards, I can see the coaches giving Nall a chance in week 12 or beyond.

:angry:

Yeah, is he just that stupid or what? It's the first quarter and he has no idea of how much time he has...He's a key reason why the Bills are tied for 2nd most penalties in the league pre-snap.

I'm really ready for them to find another QB. People have been telling us for a while now that he's awful. I'm starting to really see it.

I was in Penn State for the weekend so I didnt have a chance to go to the game ... blah ... but Murph said on the radio that he thinks the playclock wasnt reset. Anyone know?

812908[/snapback]

i thought it ran out pretty quick... but really have no idea.

I was in Penn State for the weekend so I didnt have a chance to go to the game ... blah ... but Murph said on the radio that he thinks the playclock wasnt reset. Anyone know?

812908[/snapback]

I don't know but I thought the same thing. I'll go back and check.

This is a two fold problem. JP isn't paying attention to the clock and the Bills coaching staff is taking forever getting the plays called into the huddle. There's no reason why the team should be walking up to the LoS 3 times a game with the playclock approaching 5 seconds.

This is a two fold problem.  JP isn't paying attention to the clock and the Bills coaching staff is taking forever getting the plays called into the huddle.  There's no reason why the team should be walking up to the LoS 3 times a game with the playclock approaching 5 seconds.

812929[/snapback]

Doesn't matter if the play is coming in slow, when the play clock hits 1 or 2, the QB has to call timeout. He has no other choice unless he is not paying attention to it. :angry:

Doesn't matter if the play is coming in slow, when the play clock hits 1 or 2, the QB has to call timeout.  He has no other choice unless he is not paying attention to it.  :angry:

812941[/snapback]

As I stated, it's a two fold problem.

This is becoming a very disturbing trend(several times this year already) where JP is unaware of the play clock winding down or one of his teammates bails him out and calls timeout.  I would like to believe that a QB in his 3rd year would not struggle with such a basic function.

I'm not jumping off the JP bandwagon, but I am started to worry that he is the answer.  If JP continues to have more steps backwards than forwards,  I can see the coaches giving Nall a chance in week 12 or beyond.

:angry:

812890[/snapback]

I agree 100%. JP was servicable at the beginning of the year, but things have gone downhill fast.