VP Debates

Cheney is hammering Edwards.  That said,  I doubt enough people are watching this thing for it to make any kind of difference. 

The sad thing is that I now believe both of these guys are actually better candidates for their parties than either Bush or Kerry.  Granted,  its not necessarily because they're all that great themselves (although Cheney is giving a very good accounting of himself and his positions tonight).

58471[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing my self. Cheney has been around a long time ,tonight you can see why.

a funny thing happened tonight...i sat down to watch Cheney debate Edwards and apparently Clay Aiken from American Idol sat in for Edwards.

this guy had more weird grins, winks, smirks and facial distortions than anyone i know.

I think Edwards was overmatched throughout the debate....but there were a number of times Cheney avoided a direct answer.

Cheney's line about meeting Edwards for the first time tonight was classic!

i thought it was funny when this lady Gwen whatever her name is, in so many words asked Cheney to respond to a question because "he" (Edwards) didn't.

Cheney blistered Edwards for the first hour of this debate.  Edwards came back a little toward the end.  The domestic piece got into taxes and deficits early on,then Edwards proceeded to promise big program after big program.  I think anyone who stuck around for the end probably saw the vast gap between these two Kerry/Edwards positions.  Overall, Cheney looked liked a statesman ready to fill the Oval Office, Edwards looked like less than that.

Can Bush carry the torch now.  In all honesty, I'm more than a little concerned.

By the way, is there any way to have the moderator for this debate made the permanent moderator?  She blew away Lehrer with the questions she chose and the way she handled the candidates.

58540[/snapback]

I agree, Cheney clearly got the better of Edwards during the 1st half. But then he backed off a bit...I'm not sure why.

Also agree that the moderator was awesome. She asked very tough, but balanced questions.

...Overall, Cheney looked liked a statesman ready to fill the Oval Office, Edwards looked like less than that...

58540[/snapback]

Then why isn't Cheney running for prez.?

So we are supposed to elect a puppet? Anybody should be able to get a good job because they have a great asistant? Who is running this show?

???

Cheney's line about meeting Edwards for the first time tonight was classic!

58560[/snapback]

A great line, but another bold face lie from Cheney tonight. One of the networks (MSNBC I think) showed a montage of at least four instances of John Edwards and Dick Cheney talking, and shaking hands....Cheney is an imposing figure, but I think, all and all, Edwards did all right for himself. He didn't embarass himself like GW did last week. I thought Cheney really just continued his talking in hyperbolie, on the whole issue of Iraq. Edwards may not have dazzled anyone, but this debate only re-inforced in my mind that Dick Cheney is a very shifty character...

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
A great line, but another bold face lie from Cheney tonight.  One of the networks (MSNBC I think) showed a montage of at least four instances of John Edwards and Dick Cheney talking, and shaking hands....Cheney is an imposing figure, but I think, all and all, Edwards did all right for himself.  He didn't embarass himself like GW did last week.  I thought Cheney really just continued his talking in hyperbolie, on the whole issue of Iraq.  Edwards may not have dazzled anyone, but this debate only re-inforced in my mind that Dick Cheney is a very shifty character...

58670[/snapback]

How can you vote AGAINST a Martin Luther King holiday? Anyone who votes against that might as well not be American... someone check the guys birth cerrtificate!!! :w00t:

How can you vote AGAINST a Martin Luther King holiday? Anyone who votes against that might as well not be American... someone check the guys birth cerrtificate!!!  :w00t:

58738[/snapback]

I would bet a large percentage of the people who voted in favor of a Martin Luther King Holiday did so merely for political reasons.

Like most here I was unimpressed with Edwards.

I thought his demeanor would be much better due to his experience as a trial lawyer. He had smug, stupid looking grins all night and I swear his hands were shaking several times.

His content, even though I had very low expectations, was disappointing. It was right out of Doonesbury and with a little less backup data than Trudeau offers.

Lame.

As for Cheney I was also disappointed. Although I thought he "won" the debate, he clearly missed several opportunities to crush Edwards. I thought he was less in command than he normally is, and basically won by default.

Overall, I think the topic of Iraq/terror has both sets of candidates reeling. Many of the reasons for going into Iraq are not public. That is clear from the war itself, but also from the actions of both tickets. It must be hard jockeying for votes but only being able to use half of the facts you know.

How can you vote AGAINST a Martin Luther King holiday? Anyone who votes against that might as well not be American... someone check the guys birth cerrtificate!!!  :o

58738[/snapback]

Heck yeah, who wouldn't vote for another three day weekend!!!!!

:w00t: