The, official, official, official, official

erynthered

Okay, time to think about the rest of the season and I see some promise:

Sun., Nov. 5  GREEN BAY PACKERS - this is a should win

Sun., Nov. 12 at Indianapolis Colts - this will be a light version of the Bears clubbing

Sun., Nov. 19  at Houston Texans* - we better win this game

Sun., Nov. 26  JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS* - this is a should win

Sun., Dec. 3  SAN DIEGO CHARGERS* - loss

Sun., Dec. 10 at New York Jets* - this is a should win

Sun., Dec. 24 TENNESSEE TITANS - this is a should win

Sun., Dec. 31  at Baltimore Ravens* -loss

So, if this comes to pass we could be 7-9 on the season, which, wouldn't be all too terrible.

Then comes some very hot stove football  :o

812582[/snapback]

HOU is up 24 - 7 over JAX with 10 min. left in the 4th. Amazing.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, time to think about the rest of the season and I see some promise:

Sun., Nov. 5  GREEN BAY PACKERS - this is a should win

Sun., Nov. 12 at Indianapolis Colts - this will be a light version of the Bears clubbing

Sun., Nov. 19  at Houston Texans* - we better win this game

Sun., Nov. 26  JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS* - this is a should win

Sun., Dec. 3  SAN DIEGO CHARGERS* - loss

Sun., Dec. 10 at New York Jets* - this is a should win

Sun., Dec. 24 TENNESSEE TITANS - this is a should win

Sun., Dec. 31  at Baltimore Ravens* -loss

So, if this comes to pass we could be 7-9 on the season, which, wouldn't be all too terrible.

Then comes some very hot stove football  :o

812582[/snapback]

I see only 3 possible wins GB, Houston, and Titans. With what we're showing we'll have to go some to get that 3.

When are people going to realize it's not all JP, they all stink

812593[/snapback]

You're right, but JP has got to show the mechanics of a QB who is learning. Too often he telegraphs and makes bad decisions in the pocket. It is hard to complete passes when your line protection breaks down in 3 seconds, but he has got to start showing better composure, or this will be his last in Buffalo.

Not yet, Dbacks are the hardest to develop.  Winfield and Clements were not good in their rookie years.

812588[/snapback]

Thanks for the comment Mrs. Simpson. Winfield was pretty darn good as a rookie. Clements isn't any good now. Simpson stinks - no instincts in coverage and shys away from contact.

Thanks for the comment Mrs. Simpson.  Winfield was pretty darn good as a rookie.  Clements isn't any good now.  Simpson stinks - no instincts in coverage and shys away from contact.

812602[/snapback]

Hardy Har HAR :o - rookie DB's make g-d awful mistakes. Ko has made some doozies, but he is far from terrible at this point in his career.

The offensive coordinator.

A QB can only do so much if the other players around him are not executing.  He can't catch the ball for Evans, he can't block the guy for Villarial.  He can not telegraph the pass, which is where he needs to improve, but it's Fairchilds job to get this unit to exectute better, not JP's. 

If you remember a while back in 87, a certain QB named Jim Kelly tried to get on his teammates about not executing, and we ended up with the Bickering Bills for the next year.  The coaches are responsible for putting the players in a situation to succeed, and then each player needs to execute, so quit putting it all on the QB.  It's an 11 man team on offense.

812587[/snapback]

I think the year of the bickering Bills was crucial in their development. If Kelly hadn't gotten on their cases and made individual accountability - including his - a public issue, I don't think they would have stepped up.

Yeah, I'd give Houston the edge on us at their place.  GB, Tenn, and hopefully 1 upset along the way for 5-11.

812606[/snapback]

I forgot about Miami....so 4 possible.

I finally gotta say JP needs to start showing a little more. It's not all his fault and his supporting cast could be a lot better, but he has to start making some better throws, clean up his mistakes more, and perform a little better under pressure.