Carolina at Buffalo tonight, HSBC Arena

smokinandjokin

The Canes are finding their groove after going winless in their first few starts. I expect they will come to play tonight, as everyone wants to give an undefeated team their first notch in the loss column. Add to that motivation the fact that the Sabres spoiled their banner raising by winning on their ice a few weeks ago, and I'm sure Carolina will be fired up.

I'm sure the Sabres fans will be fired up too. The playoff loss is fresh in our minds, and I think with Buffalo's offense clicking on all cylinders, and actually facing Carolina with an NHL defense, the crowd wants to see another beatdown.

I will be there, looking forward to it. I say Sabres win 5-2.

I will be there, looking forward to it.  I say Sabres win 5-2.

811414[/snapback]

Eat some nachos for me.

I hope the Sabres win 312-0. The Canes are the least legitimate champions I can remember. They beat Montreal after Saku Koivu suffered an eye injury that left him (temporarily) blind. They beat the Sabres after the Sabres lost four of their defensemen. They beat the Oilers in seven games but didn't beat their no.1 goalie, Dwayne Roloson, in any of those games because he was hurt in game 1 of that series.

Eat some nachos for me.

I hope the Sabres win 312-0.  The Canes are the least legitimate champions I can remember.  They beat Montreal after Saku Koivu suffered an eye injury that left him (temporarily) blind.  They beat the Sabres after the Sabres lost four of their defensemen.  They beat the Oilers in seven games but didn't beat their no.1 goalie, Dwayne Roloson, in any of those games because he was hurt in game 1 of that series.

811420[/snapback]

True. They did win four games in every series however, which is all that's required. I really didn't have any hatred for the Canes until game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals, when Doug Weight was out with an injury. It was the first man-game lost due to injury for the Canes in the playoffs (minus Erik Cole of course, who missed much of the regular season but did end up returning for games 6 & 7 of the Finals.)

Anyways, in the lead-in to game 6, I heard the announcer say, "Can the bruised and battered Carolina Hurricanes finish off the Oilers to win the Cup tonight?"

And THAT'S when I got pissed. Bruised and battered??? Puh-lease. They beat a team missing their entire starting defense in the conference finals, they're playing a team with a backup goalie in the Finals, but all of the sudden THEY are 'bruised and battered' when they lose their 36-year old worthless forward? Oh man, I'm getting fired up over here....

True.  They did win four games in every series however, which is all that's required.  I really didn't have any hatred for the Canes until game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals, when Doug Weight was out with an injury.  It was the first man-game lost due to injury for the Canes in the playoffs (minus Erik Cole of course, who missed much of the regular season but did end up returning for games 6 & 7 of the Finals.)

Anyways, in the lead-in to game 6, I heard the announcer say, "Can the bruised and battered Carolina Hurricanes finish off the Oilers to win the Cup tonight?"

And THAT'S when I got pissed.  Bruised and battered???  Puh-lease.  They beat a team missing their entire starting defense in the conference finals, they're playing a team with a backup goalie in the Finals, but all of the sudden THEY are 'bruised and battered' when they lose their 36-year old worthless forward?  Oh man, I'm getting fired up over here....

811434[/snapback]

Well said.

Eat some nachos for me.

I hope the Sabres win 312-0.  The Canes are the least legitimate champions I can remember.  They beat Montreal after Saku Koivu suffered an eye injury that left him (temporarily) blind.  They beat the Sabres after the Sabres lost four of their defensemen.  They beat the Oilers in seven games but didn't beat their no.1 goalie, Dwayne Roloson, in any of those games because he was hurt in game 1 of that series.

811420[/snapback]

I hear you, but you have to realize that the REAL reason the Canes won is because they managed to find a goaltender that was solid and composed enough to lead them to the finals. Only one other rookie goaltender has ever done that and he went on to win 3 more after that.

I hear you, but you have to realize that the REAL reason the Canes won is because they managed to find a goaltender that was solid and composed enough to lead them to the finals.  Only one other rookie goaltender has ever done that and he went on to win  3 more after that.

811564[/snapback]

Yeah and Ryan Miller would have done it if Kalinin's leg didn't break, Tallinder's arm didn't break, McKee's leg didn't get infected, or Numminen's groin didn't explode like the Death Star.

Sabres didn't lose last year because the Canes had better goaltending. They lost because they had no one left to make the first pass coming out of their own zone in game 7.

What a friggin joke.

I hear you, but you have to realize that the REAL reason the Canes won is because they managed to find a goaltender that was solid and composed enough to lead them to the finals.  Only one other rookie goaltender has ever done that and he went on to win  3 more after that.

811564[/snapback]

Please. Cam Ward is no Patrick Roy. No way Carolina eliminates us if we have even half of our hurt DMen playing.

Ward is a good goalie. But the REAL reason the Canes won is because the Sabres lost their top 4 defensemen and because the Oilers lost their starting goalie. And even WITH those things happening, both teams took them to game 7's.

Please.  Cam Ward is no Patrick Roy.  No way Carolina eliminates us if we have even half of our hurt DMen playing.

811573[/snapback]

Give me one! Give me one of those four guys I mentioned in Game 7 and we take the whole thing.