Thought this needed to be posted

Tortured Soul

We are talking about a 2 year old being questioned by police. It is hard to determine what is truth and what is fiction when dealing with a witness of this age.

I think the guy over-reacted, but I don't have any kids. Hence, I would not know how I would react if my child told me something like this.

We are talking about a 2 year old being questioned by police. It is hard to determine what is truth and what is fiction when dealing with a witness of this age.

I think the guy over-reacted, but I don't have any kids

I'm sure they did more than just question her to determine what happened. And I don't buy the "you don't have kids so you don't understand" cop-out. You don't go and kill someone without proof. Even with proof, it's questionable.

As an aside, why is it so hard for people to make useful thread titles? :lol:

I think the guy over-reacted, but I don't have any kids

I'm sure they did more than just question her to determine what happened. And I don't buy the "you don't have kids so you don't understand" cop-out. You don't go and kill someone without proof. Even with proof, it's questionable.

As an aside, why is it so hard for people to make useful thread titles? :lol:

811022[/snapback]

What else are you going to do to a 2 year old. They probably made her draw pictures of what happened. I've seen the process of how sensitive authorities are when dealing with a victim of such a young age. There have been instances where authorities almost make a child believe there was some kind of altercation.

I also don't justify the accusations of a two year as a reason for murder. I said the guy overreacted. Plain and simple. If you take the law into your own hands, you open yourself up to the same criminal system that could have provided this guy with justice.

And if you ask anyone on this board if something like this happened to thier children, how they would react. If they had the opportunity to inflict bodily harm on the person who did inappropriately touch their child, I'm sure they would. That is why things are different if you do have a child. I don't so I can't accurately say.

[wingnut]

He deserved it, regardless.

[/wingnut]

811054[/snapback]

I do actually know people who would say, not "He deserved it", but "It's constructive, because even if he was innocent, it highlights the problem of child abuse, so the father shouldn't be convicted, and he wasn't innocent anyway..."

I tend to not take such people seriously...but I do know a few.

hmmm....I hate to say it but I can understand the fathers rage.....

810920[/snapback]

Yes, I can too - but not his actions. I have four kids, so I understand the protective instinct - but to kill a man based on what a TWO year old "said"?

Call the cops - definitely.