QB dilemma

ricojes

The team I am playing this week has both QB's (Bulger & Grossman) on a bye. He's going to have to drop Grossman and pick up a QB. the QB's available are:

Charlie Frye

David Carr

Damon Huard

Bruce Gradkowski

Joey Harrington

My question is, should I pick up one of these QB's to block my opponent from getting him? Looks like Harrington against the Pack may be the pick. Or do I just pick up grossman after he drops him (My backup QB is Alex Smith, who is on a bye)?

The team I am playing this week has both QB's (Bulger & Grossman) on a bye.  He's going to have to drop Grossman and pick up a QB.  the QB's available are:

Charlie Frye

David Carr

Damon Huard

Bruce Gradkowski

Joey Harrington

My question is, should I pick up one of these QB's to block my opponent from getting him?  Looks like Harrington against the Pack may be the pick.  Or do I just pick up grossman after he drops him (My backup QB is Alex Smith, who is on a bye)?

810070[/snapback]

You got to go for the jugular! Pick up his best option and don't look back! I did this one year, the week of the playoffs. My oppenent had someone (McNabb I think) as his starter all year, with no backup. His QB got hurt, there were two viable options on the free agent list that week...he was slow to the draw...I picked them both up (using neither) and whooped his ass! Trade deadline had long passed...I guess it just depends on how competitive your leauge is...ours was very nasty that particular year...

I did something very similar this week - my opponent's D was on a bye and he had no backup. So I dropped my backup TE and backup K to pick up the 2 best defenses available. I offered him a trade but he ended up getting the Jets' D :doh:

He's got Payton Manning & Marvin Harrison so he'll probably kick my a$$ anyway but we'll see how this pans out.

The difference between all these guys is so negligable that I don't understand why you'd waste a roster spot picking up one of them unless you have a totally useless scrub on your bench already.

810307[/snapback]

Turned out to be the move of the year. In our league we get a bonus for 300 yard passing days and a bigger bonus for 400. Harrington ended up with 70 points, wish I would have started him!! Johnson ended up with 29. I am up by 20 going into tonights game. He has Plax and 2 and I have Eli. Well worth the roster spot!!

Turned out to be the move of the year.  In our league we get a bonus for 300 yard passing days and a bigger bonus for 400.  Harrington ended up with 70 points, wish I would have started him!!  Johnson ended up with 29.  I am up by 20 going into tonights game.  He has Plax and 2 and I have Eli.  Well worth the roster spot!!

813904[/snapback]

God, I love sh-- like that....it makes playing FF all the more fun...awesome! Somewhere George Steinbrenner is shedding a tear of happiness! :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.