HS Talent

You know today I was talking to some and friends about playing pickup games when we were in High School and it occured to me that we have a lot of talent comming out of where I'm from. I'm 28 and have lived in West Palm Beach most of my life.

I remember playing pick-up games in the Riveara Beach area (not the greatest of areas) that involved Fred Taylor, Reidel Anthony, James Jackson, Johnny Rutledge, Anquin Boldin, Vince Wolfork and Vinny Sutherland. There were a group of younger kids that wanted to play but we never let them. It wasn't untill today during conversation That I relized in that group of kids were Devin Hester and Santonio Holmes.

Needles to say Friday night games are a big deal around here. I was wondering if anyone else has stories of playing pickup games w/ players who were NFL bound.

pete holohan and tim green from my little bayberry community in Liverpool NY, chris gedney, chris richardson and a few others also came out of that area as well but they were a bit younger than me

You know today I was talking to some  and friends about playing pickup games when we were in High School and it occured to me that we have a lot of talent comming out of where I'm from.  I'm 28 and have lived in West Palm Beach most of my life.

I remember playing pick-up games in the Riveara Beach area (not the greatest of areas) that involved Fred Taylor, Reidel Anthony, James Jackson, Johnny Rutledge, Anquin Boldin, Vince Wolfork and Vinny Sutherland. There were a group of younger kids that wanted to play but we never let them. It wasn't untill today during conversation That I relized in that group of kids were Devin Hester and Santonio Holmes.

Needles to say Friday night games are a big deal around here.  I was wondering if anyone else has stories of playing pickup games w/ players who were NFL bound.

808214[/snapback]

You know today I was talking to some  and friends about playing pickup games when we were in High School and it occured to me that we have a lot of talent comming out of where I'm from.  I'm 28 and have lived in West Palm Beach most of my life.

Needles to say Friday night games are a big deal around here.  I was wondering if anyone else has stories of playing pickup games w/ players who were NFL bound.

808214[/snapback]

I played HS ball with Jamie and Darren Sharper and also Shawn Barber. They are all younger than me, but I remember that Darren Sharper was the smallest kid on JV and got picked on terribly...

Darien Barnes, the FB on Dallas. He's a cool guy.

I've also been in classes with LJ Smith (Philly) and our very own Ryan Neil.

LJ was funny, always cracking jokes and stuff like that. Ryan was very quiet. Very nice, too.

I got dunked on by Mike Mamula....I think he had a mustache in 11th grade...

808518[/snapback]

I met one of tater's buddies at a Sabres game last year who said he dunked on me in high school. I didn't remember that specific incident, but I've played in thousands of basketball games, organized and pickup, and I top out at 5'11". I'm not sure the "I've Dunked on S'n'J" club is too exclusive! (BTW tater, it must've been a close game or else I would've fouled that bastard hard!)

BTW Boldin is the best athlete hands down over any of those guys. The guy played QB in HS along w/ playing corner and he was awesome at both I mean AWESOME. I wish I had stats but I seen him make some amazing plays. He layed such a hit on Travis Henry in this one playoff game that Henry had to sit the rest of the game.

Lets see, went to school with a bunch of the WVU guys that played from 2001-2004. Rasheed Marshall lived in the apartment next to me for a year. Quincy Wilson was a pretty cool guy I got to know in class. Chris Henry is the biggest thug wanna-be I ever met, glad he got booted from the team.

Played hoops with Mike Gansey and Pat Beilen at the rec center a few times.

A junior college buddy of mine went on to play in Croatia's Pro basketball league, Rok Smaka...tried to get him to walk on at WVU, but he didnt.

Theres my little claim to fame I guess.

Lets see, went to school with a bunch of the WVU guys that played from 2001-2004.  Rasheed Marshall lived in the apartment next to me for a year.  Quincy Wilson was a pretty cool guy I got to know in class.  Chris Henry is the biggest thug wanna-be I ever met, glad he got booted from the team.

Played hoops with Mike Gansey and Pat Beilen at the rec center a few times.

A junior college buddy of mine went on to play in Croatia's Pro basketball league, Rok Smaka...tried to get him to walk on at WVU, but he didnt.

Theres my little claim to fame I guess.

809319[/snapback]

My sisters ex-boyfriend is WVU's punter, Scott something. Really nice kid a little too clingy she said though. I got to wear his Big East champoinship ring a few months ago. Its too bad she broke up w/him I'd like to wear his national champ ring if they go all the way. I told him I'd date him if he makes it to the NFL.