Tarditious Extrapolation

ajzepp

Too many people are guilty of this and it's really getting to be out of hand....

Why is that so many people on here cannot just observe and accept something for what it is instead of having to make some grand conclusion that goes WAY above and beyond what actually happened?

It can't be that matt Leinart has had a couple of good games against a couple of relatively good teams....no, sir! It has to be that he's GREAT and is already headed to the HOF. Bills beat up Miami and have a strong showing agaisnt the Pats? SUPERBOWL, BABY! Lose to Detroit a few weeks later? Hell, how many years was it some of you said we're screwed for now? 2? 3? 5?

Believe it or not, sometimes things are nothing more than what they actually seem to be. It's asinine to keep changing your three-to-five year outlook on the Bills, or any other aspect of what's goign on in the NFL, on a game to game basis.

Just say 'no' to tardism.

Too many people are guilty of this and it's really getting to be out of hand....

Why is that so many people on here cannot just observe and accept something for what it is instead of having to make some grand conclusion that goes WAY above and beyond what actually happened?

It can't be that matt Leinart has had a couple of good games against a couple of relatively good teams....no, sir! It has to be that he's GREAT and is already headed to the HOF.  Bills beat up Miami and have a strong showing agaisnt the Pats? SUPERBOWL, BABY!  Lose to Detroit a few weeks later? Hell, how many years was it some of you said we're screwed for now? 2? 3? 5?

Believe it or not, sometimes things are nothing more than what they actually seem to be. It's asinine to keep changing your three-to-five year outlook on the Bills, or any other aspect of what's goign on in the NFL, on a game to game basis.

807818[/snapback]

This is a brilliant post. In fact, I think you are the most brilliant poster in this forum. What's more, you are ten times better than JDG or JSP or any other J that you care to mention. The other J's don't deserve to carry your jock!. You my friend are going to the HOF off of this post alone!

:P

This is a brilliant post.  In fact, I think you are the most brilliant poster in this forum.  What's more, you are ten times better than JDG or JSP or any other J that you care to mention.  The other J's don't deserve to carry your jock!.  You my friend are going to the HOF off of this post alone!

:doh:

807827[/snapback]

:P

it's society...full of tards and stooges...My theory.."all people are idiots until they prove otherwise"

807832[/snapback]

We actually use that very same approach in the hospital...so I concur :P

Thank you, Mr. Twain.  :P

807859[/snapback]

Mr. Twain must have come across the ancestors of some TBD posters as he traveled along the river.

807818[/snapback]

I agree, I hate how one week Losman is the savior of the franchise and we are going to the Super Bowl, and then he throws an interception and "the team is not progressing" and we ask ourselves "are we the worst team in the nfl" :P

Tarditious? Is that a Doctor Who reference? (Claims that are bigger on the inside than the outside??)

By the way, I agree with your post, and the Canonization / Demonization of players based on the most recent week's performance is probably my biggest TSW pet peeve.

I agree, I hate how one week Losman is the savior of the franchise and we are going to the Super Bowl, and then he throws an interception and "the team is not progressing" and we ask ourselves "are we the worst team in the nfl"  :P

807868[/snapback]

exactly....it happens every single week, no matter how the team played. Until you have sufficient evidence of something, you run the risk of thrwing the baby out with the bath water. Even with just the Leinart/JP thing....can anyone really not understand that Leinart was one of the most NFL-prepared QBs to come out of college EVER? Clearly JP was MUCH more raw, and it takes time to coax that "upside" out of players like that.

I understand being frustrated, and I know exactly how everyone on here feels when we lose a game such as we did against Detroit. But one game does not a season make, and although it's entertaining at times, it just gets ridiculously old when you have people talking about how this loss means that Jauron is a bust, Ralph is cheap, Marv is senile, and we're going to be rebuilding for the next five years :doh:

The term in psychology is "catastrophizing", but I wanted to come up with my own term :doh:

Not to be too specific, the quote is originally attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

807874[/snapback]

Mr. Lincoln must have come across the ancestors of some TBD posters when he was traveling in...um...wherever he traveled.

Tarditious?  Is that a Doctor Who reference?  (Claims that are bigger on the inside than the outside??)

By the way, I agree with your post, and the Canonization / Demonization of players based on the most recent week's performance is probably my biggest TSW pet peeve.

807870[/snapback]

Mine too....it never used to be a huge deal, cause it was more like the (five-headed) village idiot running around that everyone laughed at, and that was that. But now we have this influx of all these people who do this week after week, and it's damn near maddening! Hell, just the other day Tater had to scope out a thread to make sure it was safe to come in w/out a helmet...that's just not right!

Tarditious?  Is that a Doctor Who reference?  (Claims that are bigger on the inside than the outside??)

I was thinking of going with "tarditive"....