Losman stats ... his YPA is

Although I am still on the fence about Losman, I'm happy to see he's still standing after 6 games and we should know what we have by the end of the year if he keeps playing.

Looking at his stats, he seems to be roughly the 20th best QB in the league, his completion% is above 60 and his rating is above 80 (both barely). If you had asked me at the beginning of the season if I would be happy with his current stats after 6 games I would definitely have said yes.

His YPA is low but ahead of Brady, Favre, Leinart and Plummer.

I am personally approving the Losman experiment for the remainder of the season. ;) Losman has 4 or 5 more games in my opinion before I wipe the slate clean and he starts his audition for next year. I firmly believe that the last quarter of the season will determine his future in Buffalo.

Although I am still on the fence about Losman, I'm happy to see he's still standing after 6 games and we should know what we have by the end of the year if he keeps playing.

Looking at his stats, he seems to be roughly the 20th best QB in the league, his completion% is above 60 and his rating is above 80 (both barely).  If you had asked me at the beginning of the season if I would be happy with his current stats after 6 games I would definitely have said yes.

His YPA is low but ahead of Brady, Favre, Leinart and Plummer. 

I am personally approving the Losman experiment for the remainder of the season.  ;)  Losman has 4 or 5 more games in my opinion before I wipe the slate clean and he starts his audition for next year.  I firmly believe that the last quarter of the season will determine his future in Buffalo.

807793[/snapback]

As we have seen so far in Matt Leinart and Bruce Gradkowski, a QB's stats doesnt mean anything in terms of leading their teams to victory. Im a big stat guy myself, and I would love for JP to be up there among the tops, but we need a leader, someone who has a presence in the huddle. Leinart has it. I dont know what it is about him but his team feels confident around him. There is something about QB's that cant be measured, Tom Brady has it, Peyton Manning has it, and Joe Montana had it. I dont know what it is but it definitely cant be measured by statistics. Although Losman might be the 20th rated QB, our team is one of the worst.

As we have seen so far in Matt Leinart and Bruce Gradkowski, a QB's stats doesnt mean anything in terms of leading their teams to victory. Im a big stat guy myself, and I would love for JP to be up there among the tops, but we need a leader, someone who has a presence in the huddle. Leinart has it. I dont know what it is about him but his team feels confident around him. There is something about QB's that cant be measured, Tom Brady has it, Peyton Manning has it, and Joe Montana had it. I dont know what it is but it definitely cant be measured by statistics. Although Losman might be the 20th rated QB, our team is one of the worst.

807800[/snapback]

Fair enough - I'm not willing to annoint him yet, but I'm also not willing to give up on him based on his performance to date. In fact, I will go so far as to say I feel sorry for Losman and the disaster that has been his pro career to date.

Since Phillips left, the Bills have been a team that players go to disappear - rotating schemes, coordinators, head coaches and GMs make it almost impossible to be successful.

If Losman appears like a top 20 QB at the end of the year then I'm willing to fix the other parts of the team before addressing the QB and allowing Losman another year. If Losman doesn't continue to improve over the season then I'm not willing to give him another year.

Leinart is 0-2 as a starter & his team is 1-5.  How is this better then Losman/bills position?

807836[/snapback]

Because Leinart and Losman are in the same situation right now........ except Leinart hasnt been in the league for 3 years :P

Because Leinart and Losman are in the same situation right now........ except Leinart hasnt been in the league for 3 years  :P

807842[/snapback]

Did you watch the game last night? Leinert looked like a vet, and he was really composed and making great plays under pressure, with no run game to speak of at all.

Compare that to JP's performance after we recovered the onside kick a couple games ago. He had no clue how to manage the clock or take charge in the huddle for the last minute or so.

Did you watch the game last night?  Leinert looked like a vet, and he was really composed and making great plays under pressure, with no run game to speak of at all.

Compare that to JP's performance after we recovered the onside kick a couple games ago.  He had no clue how to manage the clock or take charge in the huddle for the last minute or so.

807854[/snapback]

I know, but I figured that i would be arguing he was better than JP, and then he would argue that he was not, and we would get nowhere. So i figured that i would give him the benefit of the doubt and just say Losman has had 3 more years :P

I am not even sure why this comparison. Losman was touted as a 1st round QB on the draft day (if the Bills did not pick him, he was going to be selected by the Packets). There are other NFL teams that thought Losman was a 1st round pick.

Now the cirucmstances of Leinart in Arizona and Losman in Buffalo are completely different and are not a apples to apples comparison.

Losman was a raw QB when he entered the NFL, much more raw than a polished Leinart who has played in a pro-style offense at USC for three years. Losman two years in Buffalo before this season is pretty much a wash considering how he has been introduced to the NFL.

Both are playing for teams that have no OL, poor Defense and average STs. Both teams are foolish to gameplan wherein they are putting the game in the hands of their young signal caller. Considering that Leinart has had more success in a pro-style offense than Losman, isn't it fair that Leinart is going to be more composed in the offense than JP....

Finally, what matters is what JP can show to his coaching staff and players....I am sure there is a Pat Kirwan fan here who is still going to whisper that the players after week 6 feel that they would rather have a Holcomb leading this offense, even when Holcomb himself might come out and say that JP is the best player to lead this offense.

For a blueprint, look at what Pittsburgh did this week at home.....Thye RUN THE DAMN BALL......take the pressure off the young QB....and take the responsibility of winning the game away from their QB by letting him throw only 19 times.......The result was they were able to go up 21-0 and then the defense was able to dominate....

The bills needs to run that kind of game plan....Unfortunately their OL nor DL can hold a candle to the Steelers OL or DL.....Until they fix that problem none of it really matters....

As equally some one can post that Losman sucks or is responsible for the loss, the same could be said for the WR or RB.....McGahee got 66 tough yards, but why no blame on him for breaking a long one......Losman had 9 catches....but did he have a game changing play.....Why wasn't Evans asking to run the deep pattern on the final play of the game......why was it Andre Davis...Is Davis faster than Evans....Bottom line is the whole team played bad.....Until they can fix that the Bills are going no where.

i'm not a pro leinart or anti losman guy, but just from watching what i see on the screen i think that matt is simply a better qb than jp.

jp's running and cannon arm have just not been a big enough impact in enough games so the advantages that jp has over matt aren't getting used anywhere near enough to overcome the shortcomings that jp has vs matt.

combine that with the fact that zona doesn't have a good line or running game, and that matt is a pure rook, you've got a comparison that makes jp look below average at best and matt like a future star

combine that with the fact that zona doesn't have a good line or running game, and that matt is a pure rook, you've got a comparison that makes jp look below average at best and matt like a future star

807952[/snapback]

I don't care if my QB looks average or a future star from stats perspective. For me bottomline is that the bills walk out with their name in the Win column after each game. At this point both are starting NFL QBs that are struggling on a struggling teams.

If you want to crucify JP for the fumbles/INTs please do take into account the same things for Leinart too....

807952[/snapback]

Leinart seems to me like the QB flavor of the week. Hopefully he turns into a good pro - Arizona needs good stories as much as we do. Fortunately, Leinart's success or failure has nothing to do with how good Losman can become. Losman is only 25 years old and still has "potential." I think he deserves the opportunity to complete this season before we write him off as average.

I'm hoping Losman stays healthy enough to start and somehow the line comes together enough to allow a healthy mix of run / pass. If the left side of the line continues to play down to its current level, Losman may be happy to leave the Bills. The question is, who would want to come in?

Did you watch the game last night?  Leinert looked like a vet, and he was really composed and making great plays under pressure, with no run game to speak of at all.

Compare that to JP's performance after we recovered the onside kick a couple games ago.  He had no clue how to manage the clock or take charge in the huddle for the last minute or so.

807854[/snapback]

And yet Leinart is still 0-2

Arizona has no run game? The brought in Edgerrin James who I would assume with hte attitude of about 90% of posters here is a far superior back then McGahee and both teams don't have an O-Line

It amazes me that Everyone is so quick to write off JP and yet declare Leinart a HOFer after 2 games.

JP has had one bad game this year against the Bears (Leinart and JP's stats this week weren't much different except Losman threw an INT and Leinart fumbled for a Bears TD) Sure Leinart is a rookie and has looked good, but its not like a rookie QB has never come out and had a good first year and then not work out.

Losman is pretty much a 2nd year player seeing as how he missed almost all of his rookie year with an injury, and now the new coaching staff is trying to undo the damage from last year and MM. The guy is finally starting to show signs that he is starting to become a good QB and one mistake and the "fans" are trying to run him out of town

I can't wait to see who the next flavour of the week QB is going to be next week that Buffalo was too stupid to get. Maybe Rogers will play in the Green Bay game this week and throw a nice pass, then we'll get to hear how he has "IT" and how stupid the Bills were for taking JP.