Bush for McGahee

Arkady Renko

Someone just proposed this trade to me. Me: giving him Reggie Bush. Him: giving me McGahee. Who gets the better end of this deal?

801774[/snapback]

Bush may have better long term potential (I say "may") but Willis is the only real running threat for the Bills. Bush will share the ball with McAlister, a pretty legit, good #1 RB in his own right. I have both McGahee and Bush on my team. While they both seem to rarely score td's, McGahee, right now, gives you a better chance of scoring a td, or gaining 100 yards.

Unless you are set at running back, I would keep McGahee. Bush would only be a decent "flex" start at this point. We don't have a flex player in my leauge.

Bush may have better long term potential (I say "may") but Willis is the only real running threat for the Bills.  Bush will share the ball with McAlister, a pretty legit, good #1 RB in his own right.  I have both McGahee and Bush on my team.  While they both seem to rarely score td's, McGahee, right now, gives you a better chance of scoring a td, or gaining 100 yards.

Unless you are set at running back, I would keep McGahee.  Bush would only be a decent "flex" start at this point.  We don't have a flex player in my leauge.

801796[/snapback]

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I currently have Bush and the other guy is offering me McGahee so that he can have Bush.

So I should give up Bush for McGahee?

In my league, catches are 1 pt....so Bush is really valuable. He's only going to get better too. I'm gonna go against the grain here and say stick with Reggie. Even if you don't get catches, I'd still keep him. It's not like Willis has shown a nose for the endzone this year....and Bush will improve as the year goes on I believe.

Also look at total yards and TDs...not that much of a difference.

Willis: 491 (439 Rush + 52 Rec.) + 1TD

Bush: 420 (170 Rush + 250 Rec.) + 1TD

Plus, Reggie is finally healthy (ankle) and is always a HR threat (on runs, catches AND punt returns).

Is this a keeper league? If no, then do it immediately. Bush is still sharing the load in NO and Willis will pile up more yards this year even if he has less ESPN highlights.

If it IS a keeper league, I would lean towards keeping Bush. I believe he is the real deal and will be more valuable than Willis in the future.

Is this a keeper league?  If no, then do it immediately.  Bush is still sharing the load in NO and Willis will pile up more yards this year even if he has less ESPN highlights.

If it IS a keeper league, I would lean towards keeping Bush.  I believe he is the real deal and will be more valuable than Willis in the future.

802221[/snapback]

Exactly (Although I wouldn't call him the "real deal" at all yet)

I don't look at the Saint backfield as a "split" situation. I think Deuce and Bush stand alone and both are viable weekly plays.

802409[/snapback]

What is the definition of "split"? Duece is avering 16 carries a game and Bush 11. McGahee? 23

There are only so many offensive plays to go around.

What is the definition of "split"?  Duece is avering 16 carries a game and Bush 11.  McGahee?  23

There are only so many offensive plays to go around.

802762[/snapback]

Right. But Deuce is averaging 4.8 ypc and WM 3.9. I own Deuce and would not trade him for WM. WM will get more carries, DM will more effeciently outpoint WM.

Therefore, Bush and Deuce stand alone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.