J P critics

vegas55

<_< Lets slow down here; JP did not have a good game - big deal, that happens to every QB, every weekend in the NFL. Check out the performances of Bledsoe Ben R and Chad pennington yesterday. Of course read the News this morning and see the reporters blame JP for the second interception because he "missed a wide open Parrish" Wrong again morons. JP threw the ball to spot where Parrish was supposed to be, via a sight adjustment on a blitz. Parrish, for all his great athletic ability, continues to be held back by his inability to grasp the offense. His quickness and athleticism also come with a wonderlick score of 9.

Lets not annoint the Bears Superbowl champs just yet, yesterday was a classic example of getting on a roll, with a few breaks and the ensuing snowball effect.

Coaching staff did a fine job but there are a few red flags out there. After 15 penalties against the Vikes last week, the amount and type of penalties yesterday was unacceptable. Shelton has a simple job; know the snap count and hit the first guy he sees. He now has three false start penalties this year, two in consecutive games. Thats a complete joke, and the coaches should deal with that severely. As far as game management, Jauron has to stay on top of the situation, and see the big picture, so it is just flat out dumb to continue to have one of your STARTING cornerbacks risk injury by continuing to return kick offs in a game thats a complete blowout.

<_<  Lets slow down here; JP did not have a good game - big deal, that happens to every QB, every weekend in the NFL.

799764[/snapback]

The problem is that the good games happen to every QB, every weekend in the NFL - except, perhaps, for JP Losman. I mean, what's JP Losman's best game as a pro so far? A game in which we scored 17 points, including a scintillating 10-play drive for a whopping 22 yards and a field goal? Or was it a game in which the coaches kept him on a tight leash, and he passed for a grand total of eighty-three yards, in a tough road win? Oh boy!

Look, I'll be the first person to admit that its unfair to bash Losman for Sunday's performance. Losman was playing in one of the toughest road venues in the NFL, with a game plan that did not put him in a position to succeed, but instead asked him to carry this team on his shoulders. I can't hold that too much against him, and its unsurprising that the end result was three pretty bad interceptions in a blowout loss, without ever showing any signs of mountain a comeback.

At the end of the day, though, I can't get optimistic about Losman's future with the Bills until he puts together an outstanding complete game. Three years and fourteen games into the Losman era, I think that I'm still waiting for that signature game from Losman.

JDG

The problem is that the good games happen to every QB, every weekend in the NFL - except, perhaps, for JP Losman.  I mean, what's JP Losman's best game as a pro so far?    A game in which we scored 17 points, including a scintillating 10-play drive for a whopping 22 yards and a field goal?    Or was it a game in which the coaches kept him on a tight leash, and he passed for a grand total of eighty-three yards, in a tough road win?    Oh boy!

Look, I'll be the first person to admit that its unfair to bash Losman for Sunday's performance.  Losman was playing in one of the toughest road venues in the NFL, with a game plan that did not put him in a position to succeed, but instead asked him to carry this team on his shoulders.  I can't hold that too much against him, and its unsurprising that the end result was three pretty bad interceptions in a blowout loss, without ever showing any signs of mountain a comeback.

At the end of the day, though, I can't get optimistic about Losman's future with the Bills until he puts together an outstanding complete game.    Three years and fourteen games into the Losman era, I think that I'm still waiting for that signature game from Losman. 

JDG

799779[/snapback]

He only has 14 starts so give him a break. But yesterday he mostly has himself to look at in the mirror for his performance yesterday as he was given time in the pocket. And while we didn't run the ball enough, the fact that JP turned the ball over given the Bears a short field added to the running game being a nonfactor. This will just be a game he will have to learn from as he is a young QB. But at the same time no one should make up excuses for his performance yesterday as he flat out sucked.

The problem is that the good games happen to every QB, every weekend in the NFL - except, perhaps, for JP Losman.  I mean, what's JP Losman's best game as a pro so far?    A game in which we scored 17 points, including a scintillating 10-play drive for a whopping 22 yards and a field goal?    Or was it a game in which the coaches kept him on a tight leash, and he passed for a grand total of eighty-three yards, in a tough road win?    Oh boy!

Look, I'll be the first person to admit that its unfair to bash Losman for Sunday's performance.  Losman was playing in one of the toughest road venues in the NFL, with a game plan that did not put him in a position to succeed, but instead asked him to carry this team on his shoulders.  I can't hold that too much against him, and its unsurprising that the end result was three pretty bad interceptions in a blowout loss, without ever showing any signs of mountain a comeback.

At the end of the day, though, I can't get optimistic about Losman's future with the Bills until he puts together an outstanding complete game.    Three years and fourteen games into the Losman era, I think that I'm still waiting for that signature game from Losman. 

JDG

799779[/snapback]

Summary for those of you uninterested in blather:

Until JP puts up 500 yards, t5 TDs and 0 INTs, I'm not going to be happy.

JDG

799779[/snapback]

So as opposed to getting a bunch of B's and B+ 's you need to see an A+ even if it's surrounded by F's

I really hope that you get your Jollies by being provacative on a message board as opposed to really having such a one track, tunnel visioned persona

He only has 14 starts so give him a break. But yesterday he mostly has himself to look at in the mirror for his performance yesterday as he was given time in the pocket. 

799785[/snapback]

After reviewing each interception, it appeared that he was throwing with someone in his face. At least at those times he didn't have a lot of time.

Also, noticed PP dropping two balls early which would have been first downs.

Finally, watched the defense drop two interceptions that would have resulted in Chicago not scoring the first 6 points.

Yeah, I can see where JP lost this game.

At the end of the day, though, I can't get optimistic about Losman's future with the Bills until he puts together an outstanding complete game.   

799779[/snapback]

can you do us all a favor and please define this exactly...that just seems to be an amorphous statement....we all need to see what exactly he needs to do...and does he only need to do it once? <_<

can you do us all a favor and please define this exactly...that just seems to be an amorphous statement....we all need to see what exactly he needs to do...and does he only need to do it once? <_<

799804[/snapback]

With all due respect to Losman and his bad game........

Peyton Manning had a dreadful game against a terrible Titans defense!

Point being all QB have bad days, JP just had one against the NFL's best team and the NFL's toughest defense! However I did see Losman make some nice throws to his WR's along with the bad decisions! But I also seen some dropped balls that should have been caught....

So as opposed to getting a bunch of B's and B+ 's you need to see an A+ even if it's surrounded by F's

799792[/snapback]

The problem is that Losman has a handful of B's surrounded be a bunch of F's.

All I"m saying is that I'd feel more optimistic about Losman if he put together one A game. He'll have many more opportunities this season, if he stays healthy - is just one "A" game too much to ask before becoming optimistic?

JDG

This line really starts to get old.

So 8 games down the road if JP still looks like sh--, are you going to still be saying.

"AH COME ON, the kids only started 22 games in the NFL just give him some time!"

Im not sure what Losman will look like down the road, but JDG makes a good point.

One things for sure, the Offense is whats holding this team back right now.....And that falls squarley on the Quarterbacks shoulders.

799841[/snapback]

Hooray! All three of the JP-bashing trinity in ONE THREAD!

How lucky are WE?

799804[/snapback]

I think we'll know it when we see it. A game where JP Losman plays generally well, and then leads a 4th quarter comeback would qualify. A game the Bills win and score 20+ points and where Losman passes for 60%+ and somewhere in the vicinity of 250-300 yards would qualify. Certainly, a game like Donovan McNabb had yesterday against the Cowboys would qualify. Leading a tough road win against an opponent that is playing well could also qualify if Losman plays well too. I could even see Losman playing well in a shoot-out, where our defense fails us in the end as qualifying. I'm not going to necessarily lay down specific benchmarks, because I think there's a couple different ways that Losman could play well - and I don't want to necessarily tie him to one thing.

As I see it, Losman has two B+ games, the Minnesota game and the Houston game last year (vs. the worst team in football), and maybe also the Kansas City game as a third. I also see four "F" games on the resume from last year, and you could argue that Sunday's debacle as a fifth, but I'd probably give him a "D" or a "C-" for that one, given the gameplan and things generally getting out of hand. I'm not saying that Losman should never have an "F", heck even Peyton Manning and Tom Brady toss the occasional "F" - they also toss the occasional "A", and I'm just not sure that we've seen an "A" game from Losman just yet.

JDG

Jeez, you lunatics, Brett Favre is a legend and has bad games all the time. Jim Kelley, Dan Marino, John Elway are all Hall of Famers and all took some seasons to develop and even when they were living legends had bad games. Peyton Manning is a lock for the Hall of Fame and has a few clunkers. JP is still developing and so is his team. What he does have, and not all talented QBs do (Jeff George) is a burning need to get better every game. Thats the kind of personality an offese, even a team will rally around when things look hopeless.

Which QB was it who said during the final 2 minutes of the game, down on points with 98 yards to drive and no time-outs, "We got 'em right where we want 'em" Elway, Montana? I forget. But thats the kind of personality JP has. Give him a little time to develop. He's already got that swagger, he just needs a little seasoning.

This line really starts to get old.

So 8 games down the road if JP still looks like sh--, are you going to still be saying.

"AH COME ON, the kids only started 22 games in the NFL just give him some time!"

Im not sure what Losman will look like down the road, but JDG makes a good point.

One things for sure, the Offense is whats holding this team back right now.....And that falls squarley on the Quarterbacks shoulders.

799841[/snapback]

Despite the incredible different number of ways you find to say the exact same thing, the reality is that most fans see a marked improvement in JP's play this year, and are all willing to give him a full year at the helm to see what develops.

On the otherhand, I'm not sure why I keep responding to your posts when you come up with a nonsensical comment like "the quarterback is the offense, and the offense sucks, ergo the quarterback sucks."

I suspect you've been following this game for as many games as JP has starts because you seem to have absolutely, positively NO grasp of this game at all.

I'm still waiting for that signature game from the entire TEAM. Except that I expect it to come next year.

He only has 14 starts so give him a break. But yesterday he mostly has himself to look at in the mirror for his performance yesterday as he was given time in the pocket. And while we didn't run the ball enough, the fact that JP turned the ball over given the Bears a short field added to the running game being a nonfactor. This will just be a game he will have to learn from as he is a young QB. But at the same time no one should make up excuses for his performance yesterday as he flat out sucked.

799785[/snapback]

Isn't that about the same number of starts Grossman has had?

After reviewing each interception, it appeared that he was throwing with someone in his face. At least at those times he didn't have a lot of time.

Also, noticed PP dropping two balls early which would have been first downs.

Finally, watched the defense drop two interceptions that would have resulted in Chicago not scoring the first 6 points.

Yeah, I can see where JP lost this game.

799796[/snapback]

I didn't say that he didn't have a helping hand in the loss. The defense was a bigger letdown than JP was; even though the turnovers left them with short fields to defend. I want to defend JP but deep down I can't as he only has himself to blame for his poor play yesterday. This wasn't one of those games where he had no time in the pocket and when he did throw a good pass half were dropped. He had good pass protection most of the afternoon playing against a good defense and while Price dropped 2 passes it was not as if they were for big gains or TDs. The only pick yesterday in which he had a hand in his face was the blind screen pass he attempted in which defenders are let free so the lineman can block downfield. Face it: Losman had a bad game; all QB's do. But don't make up excuses for his play. I'll bet most on this board (including myself!) isn't making up any excuses for Bledsoe's performance yesterday agasint the Eagles and he had half the time in the pocket that JP had yesterday! Face it: the kid had a bad game along with the team as a whole, no excuses and let's move on to Detroit!

Sorry, if that's what you're taking offense at, I agree he didn't look like Montana.  But a team's record is ALL on the QB, right?  Nope, which is the point I'm trying to make.

800199[/snapback]

I won't disagree with you on the latter.... but my point was to take issue with JSP's comment that any QB with that defense would look like Joe Montana....

JDG