Spikes Question For All

Mike F

........has anyone, even privately, considered that Spikes may be staging his own "silent protest" over the way the Bills dealt with Troy Vincent?

Takeo was outspoken about the transaction, and has since been quite both on (meaning he has not played) and off the field.

I am not questioning his heart, nor am I saying he is completely healthy. Recovering from his Achilles surgery, and his tweaked hamstring is not easy.

But...............it also would not surprise me if he was able to play, but instead, was choosing no to as a message.

Mike

........has anyone, even privately, considered that Spikes may be staging his own "silent protest" over the way the Bills dealt with Troy Vincent?

Takeo was outspoken about the transaction, and has since been quite both on (meaning he has not played) and off the field.

I am not questioning his heart, nor am I saying he is completely healthy.  Recovering from his Achilles surgery, and his tweaked hamstring is not easy.

But...............it also would not surprise me if he was able to play, but instead, was choosing no to as a message.

Mike

797488[/snapback]

Who is he sending the message to, and what does it get him? I am amazed that anyone anywhere questions Spikes' want to play football in any game. It's astounding.

Mike

797488[/snapback]

Yeah, he was outspoken. Someone asked him if it sounded like the Bills were rebuilding, he said, in short, "Yeah." But he also said (the part of his answer that no one seems to remember): "The thing now is do you complain and worry and go off on a rampage? No. Regardless of what may happen, we'll bring everyone together and still work toward that common goal (to win)." Sounds exactly like someone starting a "silent protest." :devil:

I am not questioning his heart, nor am I saying he is completely healthy.  Recovering from his Achilles surgery, and his tweaked hamstring is not easy.

Mike

797488[/snapback]

Lets be honest here, Crowells numbers are just as good, and Ellison has really played well, where paying spikes huge money, and could use it for some line depth, If somebody else steps up as a leader how much are we going to miss him?

Lets be honest here, Crowells numbers are just as good, and Ellison has really played well, where paying spikes huge money, and could use it for some line depth, If somebody else steps up as a leader how much are we going to miss him?

797517[/snapback]

:devil:

Sadly, this is not the first time I have seen this sentiment on this board. Takeo Spikes was a top 3 OLB before his injury, had an absolutely beautiful 2004 season AND in his only action THIS YEAR, he got a sack and forced a fumble that was returned for a TD.

IF he can return to his pre-injury form, then he is our best defensive player, and possibly best player overall. PERIOD. His salary is big because he deserves it.

797517[/snapback]

Honest?

:devil::lol:

Please insert the word 'logical' or 'knowledgeable' instead of the word 'honest' & you'll end up with a statement that would 'honestly' sound as if it is dripping with sarcasm.

How much are we going to miss him?

How much do we miss him?

There is a huge difference between 'making plays'....& a 'play-maker'. Crowell has been making plays.....TKO is a play-maker.

I know the dude personally... and the answer is simple:

no.

Mike

797488[/snapback]

Mike

797488[/snapback]

Is it impossible. Well no but probably less than 2% chance of it.

Spikes tells it like it is and that is why when asked about TV being IRed he said he did not like the move b/c it hurt what he considered the best chance to win now. Spikes wants to play. Spikes is what he is. A football player (warrior too!) not a guy that plays around.

797517[/snapback]

Uh, we're over $10 million under the cap now. WTF would more money do for us?

Takeo Spikes is a fukkin WARRIOR. Anyone who disagrees should punch themselves in the tooth.

Mike

797488[/snapback]

:lol: Are you on drugs?

(not that there is anything wrong that)

Mike

797488[/snapback]

Not a bad question but I think the most important question with TKO right now is how much longer he's going to be playing football in the NFL.

I don't personally question his motivation or work ethic, I just wonder if his body is going to allow him to play.

I did not say that is definitely what is taking place, nor did I say it was the only reason why he is sitting out (still). My question was fair and it is possible that Spikes is pissed at the Bills management for the handling of Troy Vincent.

God forbid anyone proposes a topic for conversation that runs counter to the popular belief on this board. You would have thought that I linked Takeo with Al Qaeda.

Gotta love the Two Bills Drive "attack the poster, not the topic" M.O.

:D

Absolutley Not!  Put the pipe down

798128[/snapback]

I do think that the Vincent issue, perception of rebuilding, and Spikes' injury could marginally affect his willingness to play hurt and come back to the field too soon, which many players try to do. I think this is probably of benefit to the Bills, because we need him 100% healthy for this year and beyond.

But I think that the idea of silent protest or anything else is clearly not the case. TKO is an absolute warrior who can't wait to get back on the field, and when he does he will have a huge impact as one of our very best football players. If he makes it back at 100% in a couple weeks and we are 4-4 he could be the spark the team needs to pull off a couple of upsets and carry playoff hopes a little later into the season.