Bears/Bills :

Buffan00

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuJq...v=tsn&type=lgns

Come on Lock of the week?? That is NO respect at all! Man If there was ever a "statement game" this would be it! Lets shock the football world this week. What say you? :rolleyes:

795371[/snapback]

Sorry, but the Bills haev not earned the right to have a statement game. We lost that right by collapsing at home to the Jets. If we do beat the Bears it will simply be an upset.

Sorry, but the Bills haev not earned the right to have a statement game. We lost that right by collapsing at home to the Jets. If we do beat the Bears it will simply be an upset.

795382[/snapback]

It will still be a statement that we beat a #1 team at THEIR house!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuJq...v=tsn&type=lgns

Come on Lock of the week?? That is NO respect at all! Man If there was ever a "statement game" this would be it! Lets shock the football world this week. What say you? :rolleyes:

795371[/snapback]

I 100% agree with that being the lock of the week, and my money will follow that.

Well, I'll go with reality and "trooth" on this one. Bears in a sone cold lock over the Bills this weekend. I may be a Bills fans, but I'm a human first, and if I use my brain as God intended, all the evidence I've seen points to a Bears victory. This Bears team looks like a SB team. This Bills team resembles nothing like that, right now. Bears earned respect by winning and a stout defense. The Bills will get respect as soon as they deserve it.

It will still be a statement that we beat a #1 team at THEIR house!

795390[/snapback]

It would be a nice win and an upset, but not a statement. If we were 3-1 and still underdogs, then yes, it would be a statement saying that we are for real. However, we are 2-2 and choked one away against the Jets. The win would turn some heads, but would not be making a statement.

The Patriots had a statement game against the Bengals.

It would be a nice win and an upset, but not a statement. If we were 3-1 and still underdogs, then yes, it would be a statement saying that we are for real. However, we are 2-2 and choked one away against the Jets. The win would turn some heads, but would not be making a statement.

795402[/snapback]

pffft!! :rolleyes: whatever

I wish Buffalo could have faced GB and Detroit to open the season too, maybe then they would be 3-1 or 4-0

Buffalo loses to NE (in a close game) beat the Dolphins in a game most thought was a loss for Buffalo against the hot SB pick this year, Lose a close one to the surprising Jets (who played well against Indy last week) and beat the Vikings (a team the Bears almost lost to)

The Bears are good, but not as good as their record shows. They got to feast off some week teams to start the year and make them look better then they really are. But I guess most people just look at the record and think "SB, here they come!"

795402[/snapback]

Your logic makes as much sense as Haynesworth's stomp ... records dont matter when it comes to statement games. There have been VERY GOOD teams in years past that started out 1-3 and then went to the playoffs. It didnt mean they werent a good team. Just means they had a bad start. Just because the Bills are 2-2 instead of 3-1 does not mean that this is not a statement game. Thats ridiculous. The Bills very well should have beaten the Patriots.

795402[/snapback]

You are being incredibly ticky tacky here. Are you really trying to draw a distinction between "turning some heads" and "making a statement." Why do you get define what is and isn't a statement? Why are you even arguing this?

The point the author of this thread was trying to make is that beating the Bears this weekend, in their own house, after the way they beat the Seahawks, would draw some attention and change the way the Bills are viewed. That is a correct statement.

You're argument is pure semantics and irrelevant. Stop being so nitpicky.

Your logic makes as much sense as Haynesworth's stomp ... records dont matter when it comes to statement games. There have been VERY GOOD teams in years past that started out 1-3 and then went to the playoffs. It didnt mean they werent a good team. Just means they had a bad start. Just because the Bills are 2-2 instead of 3-1 does not mean that this is not a statement game. Thats ridiculous. The Bills very well should have beaten the Patriots.

795428[/snapback]

exactly!!!!!!

You are being incredibly ticky tacky here. Are you really trying to draw a distinction between "turning some heads" and "making a statement." Why do you get define what is and isn't a statement? Why are you even arguing this?

The point the author of this thread was trying to make is that beating the Bears this weekend, in their own house, after the way they beat the Seahawks, would draw some attention and change the way the Bills are viewed. That is a correct statement.

You're argument is pure semantics and irrelevant. Stop being so nitpicky.

795430[/snapback]

:rolleyes: he just dosent get it man!

:w00t:  he just dosent get it man!

795434[/snapback]

I get it just fine. Here is what I am saying.

The Patriots are a Dynasty and have been one of the best teams in football for the last 5 years. They barely got past us, barely got past the Jets and lost to the Broncos. They then went into Cincy, some peoples pick to win the Super Bowl, as Under Dogs and kicked the crap out of them. That is a statement to the league saying that they are the Patriots and should still be feared, despite people writing them off.

We are the Bills. If or when we beat Chicago it would be a great victory and an upset, but at the end of that game, we will not suddenly be viewed as a force to be reckoned with or a team to fear. One win against the Bears does not earn that for the Bills.

I guess that what I am saying is that we are not quite good enough to make a statement yet. That doesn't mean that later in the year we might have a chance, but right now, I am sorry, that is not the case.

I 100% agree with that being the lock of the week, and my money will follow that.

795393[/snapback]

Is the line still Bills +9.5?

I think that is a bad bet :w00t:

If it is down around 6 I would take it.