Sun Times writer mocks the Bills

1billsfan

Last two games:

Losman (who currently has a 90.7 passer rating) - 550 yards passing

McGahee (who currently leads the league overall) - 228 yards rushing

Evans (is best receiver the Bears will have faced) - 197 receiving

So neither of our hands are tied behind our back and we'll be the first team with a balanced offesive attack to go up against the Bears. None of the teams that Chicago has played compares to what the Bills will be bringing to the field on Sunday. I stand by my point that this will be the Bears the first true test of the season. Do the Bills still have to figure out how to translate yards into more points? Sure they do, but they also have been able to win games by holding onto the ball and moving the chains. I'm sure the Bears will be more than capable of holding the Bills in check for most of the game, but please don't tell me the Bills are lacking offensive firepower. They can be dangerous, especially for a team that may be taking them lightly.

795387[/snapback]

You're forgetting to mention that those last two games were both at home. The Bills have been more conservative on the road and much less productive. Being at home helps an offense tremendously.

If this game was in Buffalo I’d give the Bills a decent shot at winning (though I wouldn’t consider them favorites). On the road the task becomes much, much more difficult.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vikes gave the Bills two gifts on Sunday. A stop on third and short. Then a breakdown on a busted play. I don't see the Bears being in that giving of a mood on Sunday.

The Bears are physical. It's not a good fit for a smallish Bills defensive line and a QB who doesn't thrive under pressure.  :devil:

794439[/snapback]

Did you watch the Vikings game?? Gifts??? I think the Bills gave all the gifts that got handed out!! They should of barried the Viqueens late in the third,but the play calls got to concervative.

The Vikes gave the Bills two gifts on Sunday. A stop on third and short. Then a breakdown on a busted play. I don't see the Bears being in that giving of a mood on Sunday.

The Bears are physical. It's not a good fit for a smallish Bills defensive line and a QB who doesn't thrive under pressure.  :devil:

794439[/snapback]

Didn't the team we just beat the VIKINGS give the Bears a gift when they beat them 2 weeks ago?

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/r...0060924_CHI@MIN

As stated by (former ESPN primetime co-host) Mr. Chris Berman --- THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::w00t:

Every team has a bad game, even if they are as dominate as the Bears. They all have bad games!

The one thing that has me thinking the Bills can win is that this offense sees the same type of defense the Bears run everyday! They have seen it all camp.....they go against it all the time.

By playing with 2 deep safties, that tells me the middle of the field is wide open! We must take what they give us!

Im just not ready to chalk it up as a loss right now, I just cant do it.

The one thing that has me thinking the Bills can win is that this offense sees the same type of defense the Bears run everyday!  They have seen it all camp.....they go against it all the time.

796138[/snapback]

I hope you are right... However, DC Pewell mentioned yesterday that the difference between the bears D and our D is that they are more stronger and more faster and quicker. Which means JP will get that fraction of second lesser to throw the ball and McGahee will have that fraction of second lesser to run through the hole. If they can adjust to that extra second, then they should do ok.

The one thing that has me thinking the Bills can win is that this offense sees the same type of defense the Bears run everyday!  They have seen it all camp.....they go against it all the time.

796138[/snapback]

Doesn't that work both ways?

You're forgetting to mention that those last two games were both at home.  The Bills have been more conservative on the road and much less productive.  Being at home helps an offense tremendously.

If this game was in Buffalo I’d give the Bills a decent shot at winning (though I wouldn’t consider them favorites).  On the road the task becomes much, much more difficult.

795710[/snapback]

First two games with a new system on the road is reason to be triply conservative. I don't think you'll see the same mindset in Chicago. It'll be there, but it won't be as close to the vest.

Make no mistake, Jauron wants this one, bad.

Frankly, I've been extremely impressed with Losman's ability to stand in the pocket, take a hit but still deliver the ball. I wouldn't say he thrives under pressure, but he sure the !@#$ isn't afraid of it.

794497[/snapback]

I hope he can handle it better than Hasselbeck did because he ended up looking like a deer in the headlights after a while.Then after the game he looked like a sparring partner that went too many rounds.I'm getting close to believing that this defence we have now is in ways better than the 1985 defence,and it's just starting to gel.

You are right to jump his ass though.Your the kind of fan a team needs not the defeatests."On any given Sunday"Any team can beat any team,has happened and does happen.I don't think this is the week...but still :devil:

Don't be so sensative.

Yes the Bills are improving on offense but they are hardly and offensive

juggarnaut.

The Bears have the best defense in the nfl.

That sentence is not terrible unfair considering the Bears have allowed

5.5 points a game (I think) at soldier field.

The Bills may come out and score a lot of points. But I think we all agree that is highly unlikely.

From Brad Briggs-

"...This Sunday's meeting with Buffalo could be difficult as it has the potential to be a classic trap game that teams sometimes fall into when they get too high after a huge victory. But do you really think the Bills are going to come in and score?"

Yes I do. Poor Brad, he doesn't realize the Bears are going to finally play a team without a hand tied behind it's back on offense. Oh well, go ahead and mock our team. It will make the touchdown pass to Evans that much sweeter!

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear03.article

794402[/snapback]

I'm thoroughly confused...I thought it was 2006? But, apparently we are living in the year 1985 once again. Unless Jim McMahon is handing off to Walter Payton this Sunday, and J.P. is being harrassed unmercifully by Wilber Marshall and Otis Wilson, I believe the Bills most certainly have a very good chance to not only be competitive in this game, but maybe, dare I say, WIN this game!? Now concerning the "Bruschi" factor- yes, we must be very wary of this...we know the awe-inspiring strength and vitality of the mighty and powerful Brushi. Let us hope that the Bruschi factor is really just a figment of our warped imaginations.

I'm thoroughly confused...I thought it was 2006? But, apparently we are living in the year 1985 once again. Unless Jim McMahon is handing off to Walter Payton this Sunday, and J.P. is being harrassed unmercifully by Wilber Marshall and Otis Wilson, I believe the Bills most certainly have a very good chance to not only be competitive in this game, but maybe, dare I say, WIN this game!? Now concerning the "Bruschi" factor- yes, we must be very wary of this...we know the awe-inspiring strength and vitality of the mighty and powerful Brushi. Let us hope that the Bruschi factor is really just a figment of our warped imaginations.

796283[/snapback]

What exactly do past Chicago teams (20 years past for that matter) have to do with this game? I keep hearing this...over and over. "These aren't the 85 Bears!"

Well no sh--!

Again, what does that have to do with Sunday? We are still talking about one of the best defenses in the league, at home, against a young QB with a weak OLine who has shown that he will turn the ball over when pressured (no matter whose fault the pressure may be). Yes, our defense is showing speed, talent, and heart, but their offense is no slouch either.

No, these aren't the 85 Bears, but we're not the early 90's Bills either.

I hope the Bills win, and I'll be watching and cheering my team on this Sunday, but I don't understand why people feel that they have to overlook the facts of these two teams in order to be better fans and hope the Bills will win.

Last two games:

Losman (who currently has a 90.7 passer rating) - 550 yards passing

McGahee (who currently leads the league overall) - 228 yards rushing

Evans (is best receiver the Bears will have faced) - 197 receiving

So neither of our hands are tied behind our back and we'll be the first team with a balanced offesive attack to go up against the Bears. None of the teams that Chicago has played compares to what the Bills will be bringing to the field on Sunday. I stand by my point that this will be the Bears the first true test of the season. Do the Bills still have to figure out how to translate yards into more points? Sure they do, but they also have been able to win games by holding onto the ball and moving the chains. I'm sure the Bears will be more than capable of holding the Bills in check for most of the game, but please don't tell me the Bills are lacking offensive firepower. They can be dangerous, especially for a team that may be taking them lightly.

795387[/snapback]

Yards don't win the game. Willis is leading the league in rushing but has 1 TD. he's been great between the 20's. Losman is averaging 1 TD a game both passing and rushing. Evans hasn't come close to sniffing the end zone yet o a ball he actually caught, there were what 2 PI calls in his favor?

My entire point was that we've been moving the ball and not scoring against lesser competition, I don't see that translating well against a Bears defense who will likely shut us down much more often than any defense we've faced yet.

Our offense, improved though it is, isn't scaring anyone. It won't until those 3's become 6's on a regular basis.

Yards don't win the game.  Willis is leading the league in rushing but has 1 TD.  he's been great between the 20's.  Losman is averaging 1 TD a game both passing and rushing.  Evans hasn't come close to sniffing the end zone yet o a ball he actually caught, there were what 2 PI calls in his favor?

My entire point was that we've been moving the ball and not scoring against lesser competition, I don't see that translating well against a Bears defense who will likely shut us down much more often than any defense we've faced yet.

Our offense, improved though it is, isn't scaring anyone.  It won't until those 3's become 6's on a regular basis.

797261[/snapback]

You say that our offense isn't a test and isn't scaring anyone. I hope that the Bears also are feeling that way. McGahee has been getting better each week, Losman has been getting better each week and Evans is already there. It hasn't shown in numbers on the scoreboard but I see this as a matter of "when" not "if" it will happen. I see these baby Bills as having the confidence to go and do some damage (yes this means getting points) in Chicago. I think they have it in them to get 17 to 21 points on Sunday. My only reasoning is from what I've seen from our offense every week leading up to this game and a gut feeling that Chicago is going to have a letdown after what they did to Seattle last week. We shall see.