the heart of this team

Chicago is the best team in the NFL right now, hands-down. Their defense is superb, as always, but their offense, especially their passing game, has really been clicking lately. They throw the ball down the field a good amount during the game which really puts pressure on the secondary. Grossman is fearless. Really, they're clicking on all cylinders, and they're even more difficult at home.

Buckle up.

If these Bills want to really know where they stand, they'll give it their all on Sunday and see where the chips fall (was that 3 cliches in 1 sentence?). 15 penalties will not get it done against the Bears. What I'm looking for is some physical play to match the Bears' intensity, good tackling, and hustle. I don't expect a win, but I also don't think the Bills will be embarassed - I hope. Let's see how good these guys really are.

By the way, even the Kelly-led Superbowl Bills typically laid an egg in this type of game - I remember 24-3 blowouts in Arrowhead and Pittsburgh. Hopefully this team will put up a better showing.

Finally, I'll say it again - this schedule is just BRUTAL. I cannot believe these guys still have to play in Chicago, Indy and Baltimore, and at home against San Diego and Jacksonville. BRUTAL. At the very least, this season is going to be an amazing learning experience for all of these young guys, Losman especially.

Chicago is the best team in the NFL right now, hands-down.  Their defense is superb, as always, but their offense, especially their passing game, has really been clicking lately.  They throw the ball down the field a good amount during the game which really puts pressure on the secondary.  Grossman is fearless.  Really, they're clicking on all cylinders, and they're even more difficult at home.

Buckle up.

If these Bills want to really know where they stand, they'll give it their all on Sunday and see where the chips fall (was that 3 cliches in 1 sentence?).  15 penalties will not get it done against the Bears.  What I'm looking for is some physical play to match the Bears' intensity, good tackling, and hustle.  I don't expect a win, but I also don't think the Bills will be embarassed - I hope.  Let's see how good these guys really are.

By the way, even the Kelly-led Superbowl Bills typically laid an egg in this type of game - I remember 24-3 blowouts in Arrowhead and Pittsburgh.  Hopefully this team will put up a better showing.

Finally, I'll say it again - this schedule is just BRUTAL.  I cannot believe these guys still have to play in Chicago, Indy and Baltimore, and at home against San Diego and Jacksonville.  BRUTAL.  At the very least, this season is going to be an amazing learning experience for all of these young guys, Losman especially.

793269[/snapback]

Baptism by fire, for a very young team.

If we make the playoffs, we'll be the most battle tested team, that is for sure.

I'd rather have a good season with this schedule, then a great season with a weak schedule.

Come playoff time, the first scenario will have me feeling confident.

In saying all that, I'll be happy with 8-8 and continued progression from our young players and staff.

Chicago is the best team in the NFL right now, hands-down.  Their defense is superb, as always, but their offense, especially their passing game, has really been clicking lately.  They throw the ball down the field a good amount during the game which really puts pressure on the secondary.  Grossman is fearless.  Really, they're clicking on all cylinders, and they're even more difficult at home.

Buckle up.

If these Bills want to really know where they stand, they'll give it their all on Sunday and see where the chips fall (was that 3 cliches in 1 sentence?).  15 penalties will not get it done against the Bears.  What I'm looking for is some physical play to match the Bears' intensity, good tackling, and hustle.  I don't expect a win, but I also don't think the Bills will be embarassed - I hope.  Let's see how good these guys really are.

By the way, even the Kelly-led Superbowl Bills typically laid an egg in this type of game - I remember 24-3 blowouts in Arrowhead and Pittsburgh.  Hopefully this team will put up a better showing.

Finally, I'll say it again - this schedule is just BRUTAL.  I cannot believe these guys still have to play in Chicago, Indy and Baltimore, and at home against San Diego and Jacksonville.  BRUTAL.  At the very least, this season is going to be an amazing learning experience for all of these young guys, Losman especially.

793269[/snapback]

Chicago 28-13

JP looked a lot better this game. Good for him. Pretty boring game though all around. Price had a nice TD and Willis was strong. Reed and Lee were catching balls all over the place. When will the coaches stop calling the same play 3 times in a row? Willis up the middle for 1 or no gain. Change it up!!!! Is it that hard? Try a screen, run to the outside, not the same damn play over and over when it doesn't work.

Unfortunately, I think they will get crushed by Chicago next week. Stay tuned.

Actually, this team should be 3 and 1; possible 4-0 without the Ref follys at Gillette Stadium, those Fuc$^%@#@!(!ING jerks.

Buckle up.

793269[/snapback]

Also, throw in the other difficult games at NYJ and home versus NE and we have 7 tough games left and 5 very winnable games. There is no way we win all the winnable games and lose all the tough ones but if so we'd obviously be 7-9. That would be better than the Experts (and I 0:) ) predicted. If they take care of business on those five and surprise a team or two they could end up in the hunt going to 12/10 matchup versus the Jets which would be way fun with a nice young team!

JP looked a lot better this game. Good for him. Pretty boring game though all around. Price had a nice TD and Willis was strong. Reed and Lee were catching balls all over the place. When will the coaches stop calling the same play 3 times in a row? Willis up the middle for 1 or no gain. Change it up!!!! Is it that hard? Try a screen, run to the outside, not the same damn play over and over when it doesn't work.

Unfortunately, I think they will get crushed by Chicago next week. Stay tuned.

Actually, this team should be 3 and 1; possible 4-0 without the Ref follys at Gillette Stadium, those Fuc$^%@#@!(!ING jerks.

793287[/snapback]

But it did work. Conservative boring winning football versus Miami and Minni. I bet you would have been very happy to see a pick back to Willis for a HB pass on that play he score on, right?

Let's face. We will almost assuredly see the Bills fall behind but a decent amt this Sunday and if so the Bills will have to come out of their comfort zone. With our fair Oline and that D, we could be wishing for 3 and outs as a much better option in a game under double digits for both teams.

I think the only way we win this one is a special teams TD or at least a huge St play couple with a +2 turnover margin and capitalizing on the chances we get even if we only get 10 out of 2+ TO's.