2nd and 10 at the Bills 38 with 1:10 left Sunday

....i really can"t believe the way the rain started coming down.....

789727[/snapback]

I didn't realize the 'NFL is rigged' conspiracy theory went all the way to the top.

It starts pouring with rain just as we start our final come from behind drive???

Very hard to believe.

Totally right about the little extra cushion Bob, good point. I forgot about that one and yes you really don't know what could have happened.........but, the receiver could have even broke a tackle to get the first down. Just curious though, when you saw McGahee go up for that pass and land on his back with no chance of gaining yardage and (or) stopping the clock, didn't you say to yourself.....What are you doing??? I would have preferred Losman throw it at his feet incomplete or get out of the pocket and throw it away...........anything to stop the clock and regroup to get ready for the next attempt at a 1st down conversion.

Anyway you slice it, Losman had some incredibally crappy conditions on that last drive and he looked pretty decent for someone with such little NFL experience.

He looks alot different then the passer we saw from 2006 and I think he's starting to gain his teammates confidence. I know he's starting to gain mine.

Yes, your right he should have deliberately not tried to catch it {sacasm intended}    <_<

If it was 3rd and 10, rather than 3rd and 13, the defense would not have given the receiver a 10 yead cushion, so you don't know.   

I was there ... The winds were very high and the rain was coming down hard.  The Jets were in a prevent and all Losman could find were guys behind the line of scrimmage.  The entire offense did not have it together at that point in the game.  Maybe someday soon the offense will pull one out.

789757[/snapback]

Bob, I forgot to ask you.........................were the receivers getting open on that last drive or did Losman just have no one to throw to on those last 3 plays?

Totally right about the little extra cushion Bob, good point.   I forgot about that one and yes you really don't know what could have happened.........but, the receiver could have even broke a tackle to get the first down.  Just curious though, when you saw McGahee go up for that pass and land on his back with no chance of gaining yardage and (or) stopping the clock, didn't you say to yourself.....What are you doing???  I would have preferred Losman throw it at his feet incomplete or get out of the pocket and throw it away...........anything to stop the clock and regroup to get ready for the next attempt at a 1st down conversion.

Anyway you slice it, Losman had some incredibally crappy conditions on that last drive and he looked pretty decent for someone with such little NFL experience.

He looks alot different then the passer we saw from 2006 and I think he's starting to gain his teammates confidence.  I know he's starting to gain mine.

789844[/snapback]

Bob, I forgot to ask you.........................were the receivers getting open on that last drive or did Losman just have no one to throw to on those last 3 plays?

789847[/snapback]

The Bills recievers were wide open on the first two series of the game. It looked likes the Jets way over stacking for the run and Losman was going to feast on this. The Jets staff made some great adjustments to improve their coverage. These adjustments did allow us to run the ball as witnessed by McGahee's 150 yards. We just did not convert in the red zone.

Coming away with 0 points on the 2nd drive took away some momentum. Once we fell behind it got much more difficult to throw. Overall I was impressed on the time that Losman had, he often had time to look off the 1st and 2nd receivers. I thought that the WRs did a poor job of getting opened once their routes were finnished. It looked to me like the WRs would stop and leave JP hanging. JP had opportunities to run himself and elected to pass. He decision making often shows his lack of experience. I attribute some this to a lack of chemistry between the WRs and JP.

On the last drive it was so hard to say who was open and for how long. No one was wide open that I could see. It sure seemed like throwing downfield was a better option than 4 passes sideways. The rain and wind were major obstacles, I don't think that came out on TV. I saw the middle of the field wide open at times. It looked like we wanted to hit sideline passes to stop the clock and reduce the turnover opportunities. The Jets played that very well. With one minute and one timeout left, I think we could have sent the WRs deep and to the sidelines and then tried to split the seam over the middle with Royal or Everett but heck ... I'm just a fan.

Again, the Jets staff made some excellent adjustments and deserve credit, and the weather got very bad right after the on-sides kick.

Super feedback Bob! Yes, the weather looked horrible on T.V. as well and it was unreal with the timing involved..............just when we are making our final push.

I think the line did a nice job as well and the only real protection breakdowns I saw was with McGahee failing to pick up the blitz two times. I also agree with the chemistry thing and I really feel Losman and the rest of the offensive are only going to get better with time. The way they are playing, I think it will be "sooner" rather then "later". Its much better these days in Bills country being IN every game right to the finish. JUST PLEASE FIND WAYS TO IMPROVE IN THE RED ZONE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

The Bills recievers were wide open on the first two series of the game.  It looked likes the Jets way over stacking for the run and Losman was going to feast on this.  The Jets staff made some great adjustments to improve their coverage.  These adjustments did allow us to run the ball as witnessed by McGahee's 150 yards.  We just did not convert in the red zone. 

Coming away with 0 points on the 2nd drive took away some momentum.  Once we fell behind it got much more difficult to throw.  Overall I was impressed on the time that Losman had, he often had time to look off the 1st and 2nd receivers.  I thought that the WRs did a poor job of getting opened once their routes were finnished.  It looked to me like the WRs would stop and leave JP hanging.  JP had opportunities to run himself and elected to pass.  He decision making often shows his lack of experience.  I attribute some this to a lack of chemistry between the WRs and JP. 

On the last drive it was so hard to say who was open and for how long.  No one was wide open that I could see.  It sure seemed like throwing downfield was a better option than 4 passes sideways.  The rain and wind were major obstacles, I don't think that came out on TV.  I saw the middle of the field wide open at times.  It looked like we wanted to hit sideline passes to stop the clock and reduce the turnover opportunities.  The Jets played that very well.  With one minute and one timeout left, I think we could have sent the WRs deep and to the sidelines and then tried to split the seam over the middle with Royal or Everett but heck ... I'm just a fan. 

Again, the Jets staff made some excellent adjustments and deserve credit, and the weather got very bad right after the on-sides kick.

789901[/snapback]

I didn't realize the 'NFL is rigged' conspiracy theory went all the way to the top.

It starts pouring with rain just as we start our final come from behind drive???

Very hard to believe.

789796[/snapback]

dibsy...i think any objective person would read my comments and concede i implied no such conspiracy. on the other hand, if i was a conspiracy minded person, i wouldn't imply it anyways, since if you subscribe to the theory, in most cases you WOULD think it went all the way to the top. that's the whole point of a conspiracy theory.

or is it?

to clarify my point for you, i thought it was raining pretty hard.

dibsy...i think any objective person would read my comments and concede i implied no such conspiracy.  on the other hand, if i was a conspiracy minded person, i wouldn't imply it anyways, since if you subscribe to the theory, in most cases you WOULD think it went all the way to the top.  that's the whole point of a conspiracy theory.

or is it? 

to clarify my point for you, i thought it was raining pretty hard.

789949[/snapback]

No, no, no....no implications on you intended at all....I was just having a joke.

My point was obviously directed towards the church(any denomination will do).

The NFL has to be in cahoots with the big guy upstairs....how else do you explain such obvious 'bad luck' for us.

It makes perfect sense when you think about it.... <_<

No, no, no....no implications on you intended at all....I was just having a joke.

My point was obviously directed towards the church(any denomination will do).

The NFL has to be in cahoots with the big guy upstairs....how else do you explain such obvious 'bad luck' for us. 

It makes perfect sense when you think about it.... <_<

789982[/snapback]

you know, at first i read your post and missed the context. i wrote something that i thought was funny and edgy, but the potential for misunderstanding would have been there. thanks for the follow up note. i'm serious though about conspracies...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean somebody isn't after you...

have a good day.

tim

I agree with everything you said Simon, nice post.

Considering the weather conditions, lack of experience, etc....

Losman did make some nice strides on Sunday.  I really think its only a matter of time before the entire offense starts putting it all together and things really begin to click.  Its alot better then seeing Bledsoe get dumped with the game on the line against a top defensive team over and over and over again.  <_<

789753[/snapback]

I think this offense will truly start clicking when the TE is introduced in the passing play and Gandy doesn't have to require another player (TE) to protect the left side.