Could it be the coach?

Frez

Great question. Admittedly my answer is only instinctive, but I think not. I just get the feeling that MM is already better than GW.

That said, Gray must go. He has some good players, and they are not getting it done on 3rd and 4th downs.

56761[/snapback]

Gray must go? I don't know man, I think he's doing ok.

Who else can we fire? :angry:

You know, our last two HCs also lost their first three games. Wade won in his fourth game (San Fran '98), GW his fifth (Jax '01). There is hope.

As for Gray, we'll see what happens when Milloy comes back. (Good players make coaches better, no?) I know, Vincent's out now.... but to be honest, I think McGee has the step TV seemed to have lost. Yeah, Patten was his guy on that one TD, but NE did a good job of running crossing patterns and picking McGee off - he had to detour around another one of our DBs, didn't catch who. Not a lot of deep safety help all day.

Agreed, though, NO more prevent defense. Argh. That was definitely on him, even if Clements blew the 4th-and-14.

When was the last time you felt good about a 3rd or 4th down? The jax game was bad Bro.

56770[/snapback]

Bill, I don't feel very good when.................

Travis Henry carries the ball in a pile (Mr. Fumble)

Lindell lines up for a extra point or field goal.

When Mike Mularkey challenges a call on the field.

If the Bills are in a 3rd and 1

When the other team has a 3rd and 21

If the Bills are down a few points and Bledsoe is driving for a score in the 4th quater.

I see Lee Evans and Willis on the bench together playing thumb wrestling.

Go ahead, feel free to add to this list.

My stomach has been twisted already through these first 3 games.

Really? I haven't seen a challenge from MM I've disagreed with yet. Is that left over from GW?

56797[/snapback]

The one in Oakland in the second half that burned our last T.O.

I just can't understand burning TOs the way it happens today. I'd rather take the 5 yards and punt the damn ball than not have them at the end of close games.

Really? I haven't seen a challenge from MM I've disagreed with yet. Is that left over from GW?

56797[/snapback]

Yes you are right Lori, it's my memory from GW.

How about everytime a flag is thrown you just know it's on london Fletcher!

Is this team going through the lows of having a rookie head coach?

Could it be?

56753[/snapback]

Yes it could. The Bills, yet again, cut corners with the coaching staff. Sure will let you cut your teeth with the Bills. Heck your a bargain having no proven track record. Maybe in 4 or 5 years you will be a decent head coach. To bad it will be with a different team by then. One that will pony up a little cash. That may happen. Probably not becuause you never really hear of Bills ex coaches after they are here. Hank Bullough? Kay Stephenson? Jim Ringo? Legends all :angry:

History keeps repeating. Thats whats so frustrating about this organization right now.

The one in Oakland in the second half that burned our last T.O. 

I just can't understand burning TOs the way it happens today.  I'd rather take the 5 yards and punt the damn ball than not have them at the end of close games.

56800[/snapback]

Hmmm.. OK, that was the game I watched on tape after I got home from work that night. I must be blanking on that play.

Actually, even though the announcers kissed up to Belichick and thought it was a good challenge on the Moulds TD, I was surprised about that one. On the radio, think it was Alex who said "if they overturn this TD, there ought to be an investigation". I rewatched the tape of that play after I got home, and I can't imagine what he (or whoever told him to challenge it) was thinking.

As it turns out, throwing away their last challenge didn't end up burning them - but if Fletch doesn't cough up the fumble return, WE'RE certainly not going to review that pass to find out it was incomplete.....

Yes it could. The Bills, yet again, cut corners with the coaching staff. Sure will let you cut your teeth with the Bills. Heck your a bargain having no proven track record. Maybe in 4 or 5 years you will be a decent head coach. To bad it will be with a different team by then. One that will pony up a little cash. That may happen. Probably not becuause you never really hear of Bills ex coaches after they are here. Hank Bullough? Kay Stephenson? Jim Ringo? Legends all  :angry: 

History keeps repeating. Thats whats so frustrating about this organization right now.

56813[/snapback]

Who did they not hire that was willing to come here? If you're going to make such statements, offer up something reasonable that could have happened.

Yes it could. The Bills, yet again, cut corners with the coaching staff. Sure will let you cut your teeth with the Bills. Heck your a bargain having no proven track record. Maybe in 4 or 5 years you will be a decent head coach. To bad it will be with a different team by then. One that will pony up a little cash. That may happen. Probably not becuause you never really hear of Bills ex coaches after they are here. Hank Bullough? Kay Stephenson? Jim Ringo? Legends all  :angry: 

56813[/snapback]

You were probably knocking TD for not hiring Marvin Lewis or John Fox under similar circumstances, right? Hey, even Marv Levy had a *losing* NFL record before coming to the Bills. What did you think of that hire?

Please.

MM has put together a pretty decent staff, something GW never did. Wyche, McNally and April all came with pretty good track records. Give 'em a chance.

You were probably knocking TD for not hiring Marvin Lewis or John Fox under similar circumstances, right? Hey, even Marv Levy had a *losing* NFL record before coming to the Bills. What did you think of that hire?

Please.

MM has put together a pretty decent staff, something GW never did.  Wyche, McNally and April all came with pretty good track records.  Give 'em a chance.

56824[/snapback]

Im not sure how much Levy cost. If he was pricey big deal. One exception in the last 30 years. Im proud of Ralph. Marv sucked anyway. Hey im not saying Mularkey isnt capable. But no one knows and thats my point. When have the Bills last gone out and got a proven winner as head coach? Seriously ,you said it yourself. Marv had a losing record when he came to Buffalo(31-42).

Who did they not hire that was willing to come here?  If you're going to make such statements, offer up something reasonable that could have happened.

56823[/snapback]

What are you saying? That no one wants to coach here? The situation is even worse than I thought. Thats all BS. Enough money and you can get who you want. The will has to be there though but its not with the Bills ownership. Ralph just cant bring himself to hire a good head coach. He doesnt want to pay for it.

That tells me everything I need to know about you.

The NFL H.O.F. in Canton just called.  They disagree with you.

56840[/snapback]

Marv was a "decent" head coach. He had fantastic offensive talent here and that did his coaching for him. Any coach that loses 3 of the last Super Bowls the way he did is nothing special IMHO. He made no adjustments in those games to help and his teams never looked prepared. I know I will draw alot of flack but its the way I feel. I could care a less about the Hall of Fame.

What are you saying? That no one wants to coach here? The situation is even worse than I thought.  Thats all BS. Enough money and you can get who you want. The will has to be there though but its not with the Bills ownership. Ralph just cant bring himself to hire a good head coach. He doesnt want to pay for it.

56843[/snapback]

WHO? WHO are you proposing should have been hired this offseason? It shouldn't be hard to give out a name.