I just got offered a crazy trade...

Phlegm Alley

Here is my roster:

QB: McNabb, Favre, Brees

RB: LT, Ronnie Brown, Gore, Chester Taylor

WR: Holt, Roy Williams, Donald Driver, Antonio Bryant, Lee Evans

I just got offered Plaxico Burress, Caddilac Williams, Marc Bulger, and Michael Turner (LT's handcuff)

FOR

Favre, Roy Williams, Frank Gore

After seeing Gore fumble the first 3 games and twice on the goaline, I think Michael Robinson might get GL carries. Roy Williams is injury prone, inconsistent, etc. Favre is off to a great start so far, but will he continue to be this good???

Would you guys pull the trigger on this trade?

I think it's pretty marginal either way. I'd prefer Bulger over Favre. Roy Williams is a guy I like because he's put up 8 TD's each of the last two seasons with Joey Harrington at QB. I don't think you need Turner because handcuffs are for RB's who need handcuffs. Even if LT2 gets hurt, you're not going to see a Priest/LJ situation because the Chargers OL isn't that great.

Why you could probably afford to trade Favre and Gore (who I still like a lot) with the depth you have, I don't really like what you are being offered in return...see if you can get more...everyone knows Favre throws a ton of picks, and may not be what he once was, but in terms of FF, he is still a pretty good starter to have, particularly if your trade partner is really weak at QB. As was mentioned, he will get his yardage, and a decent number of td's.

Here is my roster:

QB: McNabb, Favre, Brees

RB: LT, Ronnie Brown, Gore, Chester Taylor

WR: Holt, Roy Williams, Donald Driver, Antonio Bryant, Lee Evans

I just got offered Plaxico Burress, Caddilac Williams, Marc Bulger, and Michael Turner (LT's handcuff)

FOR

Favre, Roy Williams, Frank Gore

After seeing Gore fumble the first 3 games and twice on the goaline, I think Michael Robinson might get GL carries.  Roy Williams is injury prone, inconsistent, etc. Favre is off to a great start so far, but will he continue to be this good???

Would you guys pull the trigger on this trade?

787601[/snapback]

While you have good depth, you will be making another team in your league a lot better. Williams is starting to gel with Kitna and will continue to produce. Favre is #3 on your depth chart so that doesn't matter. And Gore had a bad game, I don't think he'll get that many less goal line carries. Caddy is oft injured and teams playing TB are going to stack the line and let the rook beat them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.